• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • remanifest

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2024
    San Antonio
    Hey y'all. I've been in Texas since 2010, and since then I've been interested in hunting a deer (never been hunting before). I've tried looking at leases, but realized I'd have to save up a ridiculous sum to even entertain the possibility. Apart from buying land, is there anywhere that I can get involved to fall into the good graces of some kind hearted folks to be able to hunt a deer? Any secrets to share?

I went to Montana this past summer. Let me tell you -- that state is managed wonderfully for allowing citizens access to public lands to use it as they see fit. Sure wish we had something like that in Texas.
    Lynx Defense

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Hey y'all. I've been in Texas since 2010, and since then I've been interested in hunting a deer (never been hunting before). I've tried looking at leases, but realized I'd have to save up a ridiculous sum to even entertain the possibility. Apart from buying land, is there anywhere that I can get involved to fall into the good graces of some kind hearted folks to be able to hunt a deer? Any secrets to share?

I went to Montana this past summer. Let me tell you -- that state is managed wonderfully for allowing citizens access to public lands to use it as they see fit. Sure wish we had something like that in Texas.
    PROBLEM IS MOST LAND IN TEXAS IS PRIVATELY OWEDAND TEXANS LIKE IT THAT WAY IF YOU DESIRE MORE LAND THAT IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC MOVE TO ANOTHER STATE!

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Some find it not worth the hassle or the expense. If you don't own and or have access you pay big $$ to hunt state owned animals.

Just hunt out of state if you have time it's a whole lot cheaper and the deer are usually bigger both body and gear if that means anything to ya.

Pigs aren't Free either.

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Pigs aren't Free either.
    Free the Pigs !!!

free pig.jpg

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Some find it not worth the hassle or the expense. If you don't own and or have access you pay big $$ to hunt state owned animals.

Just hunt out of state if you have time it's a whole lot cheaper and the deer are usually bigger both body and gear if that means anything to ya.

Pigs aren't Free either.
    We don’t rent pigs

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest

The deer in Texas are nothing like the deer in Montana.

Top Bottom