• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    They are all flawed. I use firefox till I get pissed then chrome for a bit, then back to firefox. I use IE for the F'ing websites that only work in IE. Man I hate that.
    Yeah, I'm working in a real estate office now and an astounding number of sites aren't W3C compliant and require IE! A big part of it is incompetent IT departments and management that doesn't know any better. One of the major insurance companies in the US still required IE6 (!!!!!!!) to access 'secure' employee/administrator areas.
    M$ does cache a lot of data, including SSNs, CC#s, etc. There's a program you can run that will scare the hell out of you with what M$ has stored on your computer, but I don't recall the name.

Eli
    Venture Surplus ad

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Sounds like user error to me.

Develop a website in CSS and be prepared to scream ... tables are outdated and CSS is so powerful, why can't these jackholes run something that accepts CSS in the same manners. You gotta rewrite the site 3 damn times to suit the intricate mannerisms of either browser ... fucking annoying.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Develop a website in CSS and be prepared to scream ... tables are outdated and CSS is so powerful, why can't these jackholes run something that accepts CSS in the same manners. You gotta rewrite the site 3 damn times to suit the intricate mannerisms of either browser ... fucking annoying.
    WTF is the big deal about CSS being powerful? You have a website that has half a handful of pictures and basic links on it. Make a table and run with it... simplicity works.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    WTF is the big deal about CSS being powerful? You have a website that has half a handful of pictures and basic links on it. Make a table and run with it... simplicity works.
    For a small site with "half a handful of pictures and basic links", the old ways work fine.

When you have a site that encompasses dozens (if not hundreds) of pages, thousands of pix and whatnot, CSS is a godsend.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    For a small site with "half a handful of pictures and basic links", the old ways work fine.

When you have a site that encompasses dozens (if not hundreds) of pages, thousands of pix and whatnot, CSS is a godsend.
    I agree with you big time on that. I was just referring to his site. A simple table based setup still works fine on simple designs... and you run into very few browser compatibility issues.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    100% linux user here, I have chrome blocking all the adds and making pages I frequent easier.

I do use IE on windows machines, only long enough to install chrome.

luzar@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install lynx

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I'm not confusing anything. Google is the new Evil Empire. They have all your data and share it with the NSA and "others" like the Illuminati.

Microsoft's evil-ness is so late 90's. All they do is give money away to poor kids in Africa and put out shitty browsers...annoying yes, but hardly evil.

</sarcasm>

doooood you are pretty close.

but gates is in on all the illuminati shit. mainly the eugenics side of things.

crabbys44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Austin
    I HAVE to use IE @ work (State) and surprisingly the PC crashes more than IE does. :banghead:

Firefox 4 was as reliable as IE, meaning it sucked. Firefox 5 seems to be working fine, so far......:ohnoes:

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    It thought he was into Bohemian Grove? Am I getting my secret societies mixed up again?

diffrent branches of the same tree man.

but yeah, totally evil. with his mosquitos carrying gene altering viruses etc...

i dont normally drink with mexican hippies, but i think we could have a pretty interesting covnersation over a case of brews man.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    We have IE, but never use it. I use chrome, and my bro uses firefox. IE used to freeze all the time and firefox is too bulky with all it's toolbars that I don't feel like taking the time to remove, and I like the sleekness and large viewing space of chrome.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    We have IE, but never use it. I use chrome, and my bro uses firefox. IE used to freeze all the time and firefox is too bulky with all it's toolbars that I don't feel like taking the time to remove, and I like the sleekness and large viewing space of chrome.

f-11

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I agree with you big time on that. I was just referring to his site. A simple table based setup still works fine on simple designs... and you run into very few browser compatibility issues.

Sure, if you want to use white or black as your background ... otherwise you can't get a seemless design without using CSS.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    diffrent branches of the same tree man.

but yeah, totally evil. with his mosquitos carrying gene altering viruses etc...

i dont normally drink with mexican hippies
    , but i think we could have a pretty interesting covnersation over a case of brews man.

Well then, you don't know what you're missing!

I think a lot of these groups are just rich guys with egos wanting to feel important. They have their "secret" societies where they basically re-live their frat daddy college days of doing stupid rituals and drinking too much. Maybe they talk about politics and world events.

I'm sure on some level there really is some "world planning," but God trumps even the most resolute plans of man (e.g. The Third Reich, USSR, Colonial Empires, Egyptians, Persians, etc.). So I'm not too worried about them and their wanna-be domination schemes. History has proven that man made institutions do not stand the test of time.

Top Bottom