• ...and so much more!
  • Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Sorry to hear about your issues- sounds very frustrating, to say the least. I am a huge Canik fan, as well- especially their older metal framed pistols. Intermittent issues are the worst to diagnose.

A suggestion (guess) would be to check the metal rail inserts in the poly frame, give them a good wiggle with needle nose, without gouging/marring, to see if the rails have play or have worked loose. It would be very subtle movement. It could just be poly fatigue causing flex in frame.

Take some disassembly pics- sometimes a crack/issue can be spotted under magnification. Wear marks on rails can give telltale signs of alignment issue.
    Gun Zone Deals

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Any, and all, options for carry, will go through a minimum of 1000 rounds, of various weights and configurations, and with whatever magazine options that are readily available. If it fails going through that in any unexplainable way, such as mag issues, or hard primers on cheap ammo. it will either go to back of the line, forever, or get put up for sale. Period. I won't risk it with a machine that has too many reliability questions.

I've gone through the "send it in" thing too often. if it ain't right the first time, why would it be on the second try? And it would leave me wondering, Ïs it going to fail on me again?"

Nope. Done with it.

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    I don't own that brand so I can't be of any help there except to tell you , you have more patience than I. It would have be gone, even at a loss. Good luck figuring it out, it's a shame to have those type of problems with something you really like.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I would send it back again. Its possible they have a fix now that they didn't then considering the many people that have issues with this gun. And that is likely a design flaw that they won't disclose, but might have a fix for at this point.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Send it back, request a replacement, not another "fix" - then sell the brand new gun or trade it in to a shop and get something else.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    FWIW, my wife has the "normal" TP9 Sub Compact - its a snappier gun than a Glock 26 or comparable M&P, but so far the only malfunction wa 100% shooter induced, she limp wristed the hell out of it on the last range trip and had a round fail to extract, I told her why it malfunctioned, showed her how to fix it, and she went on trouble free. I think she's up to about 500 rounds total thru the gun now, so its not like its a LOT, but it has been trouble free enough I'd carry if, if I didn't have better options. It does shoot accurately, especially for a little gun.

Stoneez

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2024
    Ponder
    I know it's not really helpful, but thank you just the same. Until I read this thread, I had intentions of purchasing one tomorrow. Seems that I dodge a headache.
    Cheers

red442joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    Michigan
    Yeah and it's still happening.. I have no idea whats causing it.. It is NOT my damn grip like that dumbass at the gun range said. I just don't know what to do.
    Sorry you're getting frustrated.
    I've been very successful fixing friends gun problems; wish I could work on yours.
    I'm pretty sure the problem is not extractor, or plastic nubbies.
    I'm reasonably certain the issue is in the chamber, as well as the relation between the bottom of the slide and the top round.
    Does the oob ever happen on the last round?
    This sub-compact must have a different barrel than the others, perhaps the chamber is tighter.
    Obviously not a recoil spring issue.
    Good luck!

Joe

Top Bottom