• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I'm going thru some old pics and came across these of my 91 Caprice I had about 15 years ago
    It was a retired Austin Drug Task Force car my friend bought onlline at auction and his wife hated it so he sold it to me.
    It had the basic police package, but hadn't had all of the lights and some other equipment installed. I think it was a used for undercover but not sure
    It had the spotlight plug in the drivers door frame and about 4 antenna plugs the roof and some brackets in the trunk.
    The thing only had 130K on it and it would run like a scalded ape. I put the trim rings on the wheels and painted the rood and hood where the clearcoat was gone

I had a blast in that car but when we had a 4 year old and the wife wanted something easier to load in and out of so eventually we traded for a 98 Burb

I'd like to have it back.. I'd probably replace the wheels and tires and leave it like it was.

91cap.JPG
    Guns International

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I'm going thru some old pics and came across these of my 91 Caprice I had about 15 years ago
    It was a retired Austin Drug Task Force car my friend bought onlline at auction and his wife hated it so he sold it to me.
    It had the basic police package, but hadn't had all of the lights and some other equipment installed. I think it was a used for undercover but not sure
    It had the spotlight plug in the drivers door frame and about 4 antenna plugs the roof and some brackets in the trunk.
    The thing only had 130K on it and it would run like a scalded ape. I put the trim rings on the wheels and painted the rood and hood where the clearcoat was gone

I had a blast in that car but when we had a 4 year old and the wife wanted something easier to load in and out of so eventually we traded for a 98 Burb

I'd like to have it back.. I'd probably replace the wheels and tires and leave it like it was.

View attachment 341247
    Those are actually quite rare now. Not like crown vic's.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I saw a really nice one not too far from me. Actually thought about asking if it’s for sale. Bought a motorcycle instead but still might ask about the car. Wife doesn’t like, might have to buy it now.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I have owned a few old ex-police cars over the years.A police car that has been maintained can last several hundreds of thousands of miles in service. They can also make pretty cool hot rods too for really cheap.

One of my favorites from many years ago was a 1971 Plymouth Fury III with a 440. It was a plain-jane car, and never had the spotlights or transport divider in it. It was dark green metallic with a black vinyl roof and black interior.

ETA: not mine, but similar in color but with a black vinyl roof and the small dog-dish hubcaps.

Fury 1.jpeg
    Fury2.jpeg

Last edited:

Tblack89

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    That was essentially the Buick version of the Caprice/impala, and a lot of them were built at the Dallas GM plant.
    Yessir, I loved it. Very well built car with space for days. Not to mention would get up and go easily. They don’t make ‘em like they used to, real shame. I loved the location of the gas cap as well, behind the rear license plate.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Yessir, I loved it. Very well built car with space for days. Not to mention would get up and go easily. They don’t make ‘em like they used to, real shame. I loved the location of the gas cap as well, behind the rear license plate.
    As a mechanic, I actually enjoyed working on those B platform cars. They were very mechanic friendly!

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    There used to be a company in San Antonio during the early to mid 90’s that would retrofit the LT-1 from the Impala/Camaro/Vette into the GMT400 trucks. Non-SS Camaro and impala I think we’re 275 HP and the Vette was 300 HP. The truck 350 ci was only 210 HP until they started putting the vortex heads on in1996. Unfortunately the gangsters started slabbing them 20 years ago, and any unmolested caprice/impala are few and far between. Oldsmobile had the Vista Cruiser too, but not sure what engine it had.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I have owned a few old ex-police cars over the years.A police car that has been maintained can last several hundreds of thousands of miles in service. They can also make pretty cool hot rods too for really cheap.

One of my favorites from many years ago was a 1971 Plymouth Fury III with a 440. It was a plain-jane car, and never had the spotlights or transport divider in it. It was dark green metallic with a black vinyl roof and black interior.

ETA: not mine, but similar in color but with a black vinyl roof and the small dog-dish hubcaps.

View attachment 341267 View attachment 341268
    My dad had a 1970 Dodge Polara. The trunk lid was big enough to land an airplane on.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Sadly, wives and old cars we love don't make for the best of combinations. My first wife talked me into trading my 1975 Chevrolet Laguna S-3 in on a new Dodge truck in 1988. At the time, I had a pretty decent stash of high performance small block Chevys and parts, and had just gotten together all the parts to convert my Laguna from and automatic to a manual four speed transmission.

Not mine, but similar. Mine was silver with a black interior. 355 ci engine, and a TH350 trans.

S-31.jpeg
    S-32.jpg
    S-32.jpg
    S-33.jpg
    S-34.jpg
    S-34.jpg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    The Chevrolet Laguna has an interesting history. Though not rare cars, but were not common either.

I liked my Laguna S-3 because it wasn't common like many other cars at the time, that many of my friends were driving. It was a pleasure to drive too. Very comfortable, but handled pretty decently too.

Top Bottom