• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Trying to determine if this is true, but on the blog from that post, somebody posted 9 hours ago they read the charging document:

"...the Defendant, heretofore on or about February 1, 2013, did then and there unlawfully intentionally and knowingly, and not pursuant to written regulations and written authorization of the instituion to wit: FONDREN MIDDLE SCHOOL, go and possess in a building where activity sponsored by said (allege one-school or institution) was bing conducted, with a firearm, namely a nine mm Taurus."
    Guns International

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Yeah, that's what I though. Just read the text of SB321. She's fired. Pretty cut and dried. As a side note, even if the law prohibited the employee from being fired, it's not too hard to have your position eliminated due to budgetary constraints.

sb321? What does that have to do with this?

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    What SB321? That bill is relating to the powers and duties of the Montgomery County Water Control and Improvement District No. 2.

I think he was referring to this one.............

On June 17, 2011, Governor Rick Perry signed into law Senate Bill 321,[SUP]1[/SUP] which restricts employers from prohibiting employee storage of lawfully possessed firearms in vehicles parked in employer parking lots. The amendment to Chapter 52 of the Texas Labor Code,[SUP]2[/SUP] SB 321 provides that a private or public employer may not prohibit an employee from storing a firearm or ammunition in a locked, privately owned motor vehicle in a parking lot, garage, or other parking area provided by the employer. In order to store a firearm in his or her vehicle, the employee must hold a concealed handgun license (CHL) in accordance with Chapter 411 of the Texas Government Code or otherwise lawfully possess a firearm.[SUP]3[/SUP]

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Trying to determine if this is true, but on the blog from that post, somebody posted 9 hours ago they read the charging document:

"...the Defendant, heretofore on or about February 1, 2013, did then and there unlawfully intentionally and knowingly, and not pursuant to written regulations and written authorization of the instituion to wit: FONDREN MIDDLE SCHOOL, go and possess in a building where activity sponsored by said (allege one-school or institution) was bing conducted, with a firearm, namely a nine mm Taurus."
    As of your post that story was 36hrs old and nothing I read or heard from news reports mentioned she carried in the bldg. Something is fishy

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    That bill is gone. It is now codified into law.

It is not proper to simply refer to a bill from past sessions by the bill number, the reason is evident. Refer to the law, or the session #, year and bill.

Well maybe then it would have been "proper" to say that in the first place, and post it's content, instead of bringing up some water control crap, I am trying to give you enough credit for knowing what he meant. It was easy to find, and I think it pointed out what he was trying to convey.

Just saying.........

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Well maybe then it would have been "proper" to say that in the first place, and post it's content, instead of bringing up some water control crap, I am trying to give you enough credit for knowing what he meant. It was easy to find, and I think it pointed out what he was trying to convey.

Just saying.........

I didn't bring up any water control crap. He referred to SB321. If you go to the Texas Legislature website and Search that bill in the current session, YOU will find that it is not the bill to which he refers. To reference a bill from a former session, at least name the session. Or how about we just list the actual law to which we are referring.

There are many people here, inlcuding me, who do not keep up with bill numbers from former sessions.

Just saying.........

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I didn't bring up any water control crap.

Oh my mistake, someone must have hacked you account and posted this..............

What SB321? That bill is relating to the powers and duties of the Montgomery County Water Control and Improvement District No. 2.

Sorry to bother you, nothing to see here, please move along......................:rolleyes:

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Oh my mistake, someone must have hacked you account and posted this..............

Sorry to bother you, nothing to see here, please move along......................:rolleyes:

HE listed the bill, I mearly identified that to which he referred. If a person were new to this site, guns in general, etc., and looked up SB321 THAT is what they would find. Not very useful, is it?

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    So, does anyone have new info on the status of charges or release of the accusled since they appear to be falonious {sp} charges?

LoL

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Seriously txinvestigator you expect me to believe that you did not have a clue about what he was talking about? You really forgot about that from two years ago?

If you google "Texas SB321" 9 of the first 10 listings that come up cover the firearms in parking lots issue, only one references the water control district bill you mentioned. I would think an investigator would be pretty good at putting pieces together to help form a more correct understanding of the whole picture. However I have been wrong about this before, LOL.

If a person was new to this site, I suspect they would be more inclined to stay if people posting took time to help the poster out and keep the topic centered and not try to play coy and bring up an unrelated topic.

Just saying I am pretty sure what I posted was what Wabbit69 was talking about, and what you posted did not. Assistance like that seems to go further to helping the conversation progress in a meaningful manner.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Seriously txinvestigator you expect me to believe that you did not have a clue about what he was talking about? You really forgot about that from two years ago?

If you google "Texas SB321" 9 of the first 10 listings that come up cover the firearms in parking lots issue, only one references the water control district bill you mentioned. I would think an investigator would be pretty good at putting pieces together to help form a more correct understanding of the whole picture. However I have been wrong about this before, LOL.

If a person was new to this site, I suspect they would be more inclined to stay if people posting took time to help the poster out and keep the topic centered and not try to play coy and bring up an unrelated topic.

Just saying I am pretty sure what I posted was what Wabbit69 was talking about, and what you posted did not. Assistance like that seems to go further to helping the conversation progress in a meaningful manner.

Man, you are on a roll this morning............

The bottom line is SB321 has nothing to do with this topic, Google or not. SB 321 is the bill I mentioned, UNLESS you quote the year and session. The bill is now codified into law, and should be addressed as such.

Just refer to the law, not a previous bill.

And have a great day. ;)

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    So, does anyone have new info on the status of charges or release of the accusled since they appear to be falonious {sp} charges?

LoL

I think she carried with in 100" feet of a water fountain or something with a short barreled 321, whatever that is.

Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    In reading the court docks, the case appears to have been DISMISSED today. I will have more in a minute:

seal_xsmall.gif
    137604401010 - The State of Texas vs. KEMP, CHARETTA TRISHAYE (Court 179)Print All
    Icon_Print_24H.gif
    (non-financial)

Print Summary​
    Icon_Print_21H.gif

Case (Cause) Summary
    File Date2/2/2013
    Case (Cause) StatusDismissed
    OffenseCARRY PROH WPN PROHBITED PLACE
    Last Instrument FiledComplaint
    Case DispositionDISM-020513
    Case Completion Date2/5/2013
    Defendant StatusDISPOSED
    Bond Amount$5,000.00
    Next/Last Setting Date2/5/2013
    Defendant Details
    Race/SexB / F
    EyesBRO
    SkinMBR
    DOB5/16/1984
    US CitizenYes
    Height/Weight5'04 / 220 LBS
    HairBLK
    BuildHEV
    In CustodyN
    Place Of BirthTX
    Address7411 HAWES STREET HUNGER FOR TX77448
    Markings

Court Details
    Current Court179[SUP]th[/SUP]
    Address1201 Franklin (Floor: 18)
    Houston, TX 77002
    Phone:7137556341
    JudgeNameKristin M. Guiney
    Court TypeCriminal

Wabbit69

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Austin
    Yes, my first step was a web-search that brought me to a 2011 news coverage of the topic, which led me to Texas Legislature's web-site for the final version:

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/82R/billtext/pdf/SB00321F.pdf#navpanes=0

It appears that the portion of state law that it changes is Section One, Chapter 52 of the labor code, for further reading. I agree with TXI that it would have been more accurate for me to cite the labor code first. I apologize for any confusion or discord I may have caused.

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GiantLoomis
    Top Bottom