• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    I'm not sure about that, Vaquero. Back in '95 when Texas passed the concealed carry law most police were vehemently opposed to it - it passed anyway. In January of 2016 when open carry passed in Texas, again most police were opposed to it - it also passed anyway. We may yet see constitutional carry in Texas regardless of what the police think.
    Most Police in the state or Police in the Foreign Occupation Zones such as Austin, Dallas, El Paso, Houston and others? The media can make things look like they really are not?
    Guns International

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Speaker Bonnen most likely killed H.B. 357 and Constitutional Carry for this legislative session when he appointed Rep. Nevarez to chair Homeland Security...

Nevertheless, I put in another call to Speaker Bonnen's office (512)463-1000 today, asking him to put peessure on Rep. Nevarez to rechedule the hearing. His office worker dutifully took down my contact info.

For all the good it most likely won't do, tomorrow I will call Rep. Nevarez office (512)463-0566 and ask him to schedule a hearing...

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Watson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2019
    Houston, Texas
    Most Police in the state or Police in the Foreign Occupation Zones such as Austin, Dallas, El Paso, Houston and others? The media can make things look like they really are not?

As a former peace officer, I base my comments on my own personal experience on this issue. The media has nothing to do with it.

Watson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2019
    Houston, Texas
    I have to admit that I have some distaste for open carry by civilians and even police in civilian clothes. I live in the Houston area and open carry with a license is rarely encountered. If you like a lot of unwanted attention, then - by all means - carry openly. I believe an LTC should be required for carry in public. Most restaurants here do not allow open carry with an LTC but have no objection to concealed carry. That will not change if unlicensed carry is allowed and - in fact - is more likely to lead to more places forbidding all carry with or without a license. Most police officers like LTC by civilians but would be opposed to unlicensed carry by people who are not certified; I have to agree with them.

I agree. When you carry a loaded firearm (open or concealed) you have an obligation to the people around you to be properly trained in the use of that weapon and to know the law as it pertains to the legal use of that weapon. I don't want to see untrained uncertified irresponsible types walking around with guns. I agree a license should be required to carry in public.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Ya that test to get a license to carry is so brutally hard I am sure everyone with one is a top notch operative.

I agree. When you carry a loaded firearm (open or concealed) you have an obligation to the people around you to be properly trained in the use of that weapon and to know the law as it pertains to the legal use of that weapon. I don't want to see untrained uncertified irresponsible types walking around with guns. I agree a license should be required to carry in public.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Rep. Nevarez has written a 'red flag' bill. Somehow he feels felons can have a gun 5 years after conviction.

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Rep. Nevarez has written a 'red flag' bill. Somehow he feels felons can have a gun 5 years after conviction.

Technically they can have a gun the same day they get out. Another law should put an end to that nonsense

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Don't you just hate when facts get in the way of an argument over constitutional carry. Feelings are so much more important.

Exactly, plus there are states that require way less to get a license and they don't seem to have an abundance of crimes committed by license holders.

Watson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2019
    Houston, Texas
    Ya that test to get a license to carry is so brutally hard I am sure everyone with one is a top notch operative.

The LTC class leaves a lot to be desired - no argument. When I took my class, I thought it was a bit of a joke. That said, I stand by my point - people who carry guns ought to be competent and knowledgable about their weapon and the law. What is the world is wrong with that?

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I disagree

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX

Absolutely - thankfully, all the criminals are properly trained, eh? Sorry, but that's about the most elitist, sanctimonious collection of runny bovine excrement I've read in a while.

If you do something wrong/illegal with a firearm, then I'll happily sit on the jury that convicts you. Otherwise, you have the God-given right to protect you and yours with whatever means is available to you.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    It boils down to if you support the 2nd as written or

if you are a 2A supporter But.....

The LTC class leaves a lot to be desired - no argument. When I took my class, I thought it was a bit of a joke. That said, I stand by my point - people who carry guns ought to be competent and knowledgable about their weapon and the law. What is the world is wrong with that?

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

People who exercise their First Amendment right to free speech, ought to be competent and knowledgeable about what they’re saying.

Yellow journalism is real and has started actual wars, so what in the world is wrong with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

Should all of our constitutionally guaranteed rights require a government license?
    Or do we leave it up to you to arbitrarily decide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin

Because all cops are thoroughly trained and expert? The TCOLE minimum is a joke. I bet I know people who can shoot better than you. Should you be stripped of your right to carry because of your relative deficiency?

Either all people are free, or nobody is. An arbitrary definition of "competency" does not increase public safety, and is a tool used by the Left to disarm American citizens. Get off your high horse.

Top Bottom