Lynx Defense

Gun ranges in North Houston with gun rentals?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slurmdrinker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I'm looking for a range that lets you rent several brands of pistols and maybe even rifles that are in North Houston.(More specifically, Northeast Houston) I'm looking to buy a pistol but I want to try out a few first. I have the Beretta 92 and Sig P226 in mind.

Can the more experienced help me out?
    ARJ Defense ad

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Spring guns has a decent selection of rentals but havnt been since last year when I moved from houston

slurmdrinker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Spring guns has a decent selection of rentals but havnt been since last year when I moved from houston
    Thanks! I've never heard of this range before, and it's pretty close too. I'll give them a call to make sure what pistols they have for renting.

Still taking answers.

boscoh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Tomball
    If you're going to Top Gun, just be aware that they charge their rental fee per gun, plus you have to buy their ammo, so it gets expensive if you're renting a variety of guns. I've heard of ranges (not in Houston) charging the gun rental fee once and letting you rent as many guns as you like, as long as you buy their ammo. I ended up spending almost $70 to rent two guns with one box of ammo plus range fee.

I learned that I didn't like the gun I was originally going to buy, so it's good that it saved me from a potentially bad purchase. My advice is to first hold the guns you like and see that it points well, dry fire them to feel the trigger, make sure the controls and sight picture work for you and then rent them.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    If you're going to Top Gun, just be aware that they charge their rental fee per gun, plus you have to buy their ammo, so it gets expensive if you're renting a variety of guns. I've heard of ranges (not in Houston) charging the gun rental fee once and letting you rent as many guns as you like, as long as you buy their ammo. I ended up spending almost $70 to rent two guns with one box of ammo plus range fee.

I learned that I didn't like the gun I was originally going to buy, so it's good that it saved me from a potentially bad purchase. My advice is to first hold the guns you like and see that it points well, dry fire them to feel the trigger, make sure the controls and sight picture work for you and then rent them.

Most ranges Ive been to operate like that. There ammo and one fee per gun, then a lesser fee for any additional guns.

CGP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I go to Memorial Shooting Range (off I-10/beltway area). They rent guns for $15 + $15 range fee + ammo. The good thing is that you can use any number of rental guns they have - no additional charge. There's also no time limit. I think you will need to buy the ammo from them though, but they are reasonable.

robertc1216

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Cypress

Was just there today they have about 20-30 rentals I think they charge 20 bucks for rentals. Also its an indoor range. 15 an hour

Top Bottom