Police Squad Facepalm.gif
    Capitol Armory ad

GaryS

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    Hiding among the Hippos
    Friends went to Rome maybe five years ago. He got pickpocketed on a bus. He didn't split his ID and money and lost both. Fortunately, his passport was at the hotel.

I have a card as well. I use it as a backup ID when/if needed, when traveling. I like alternates in differing places, just in case. My pickpocketing event in Rome comes to mind.

C7Z062019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2020
    Sugar Land
    <>

What a relief to see that I’m not the only one who makes these mistakes.

At 80, I do have several contemporaries/friends who suffer clinical dementia, so it isn’t a joking matter for me.

May GOD Bless you !

<>
    I'm a youngster at only79 and already making these kind of mistakes. My problem, I was expecting my CCL in at the same time as my divers. The passport came in and I assumed! LOL

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Correction!!!

Well duh! That is my passport! I didn't realize I had it in my billfold with my LTC card.
    I have an acutal passport card and it looks just like that.
    My gun card says Texas Licence To Carry Handgun at the top.

If you do not have a passport, then the brain surgeons in the printing room made a mistake on yours.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Looking for the SAE thread pitch gage for 2 days. I know it was on the loading bench. Sitting at the bench, I give up. lean over and grab my going to town shoes. Ouch, it's in the right shoe.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    I got the passport card in 2012. I was working in Argentina and Brazil and while I had to have the passport book for my visas and entry exit, I left the book in my hotel safe, or at my office in Buenos Aires. The card was useful in situations where identification was necessary since I didn't have a local identity card or drivers license. I also used it recently when flying from SFO to DFW. For some reason last year the "Real ID" Texas Drivers Licenses caused a hold in the CSA/TSA system in SFO. I got tired of waiting for a supervisor, so I just started using the passport card.

eaglerider

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Abilene, Texas
    Mine was not up for renewal until April of 2024 but I received the renewal notice in December. Waited until the third week of December to submit online, only had to do an electronic submission of my DD-214 for the Veteran discount. Received my renewed LTC card this past Monday, about a month start to finish. I'm now good to go until 2029.

ywwuyi

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2024
    Austin
    When they start passport cards? Mine was a book.
    It's a separate thing which does not work for international air travel or travel beyond Canada, Mexico and Bermuda.
    Honestly I think for US citizens getting a Global Entry card is way better than getting a passport card (costs $100 but some credit cards reimburse it; there's expedited lane for air travel and you have free TSA pre, can be used as REAL ID for air travel and proof of citizenship when entering the US)

Top Bottom