• ...and so much more!
  • Schue

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    FT Hood
    Who invests in Gold?

Where does one buy it to invest????

I have bought both physical gold and silver from Northwest Territorial Mint with a great experience each time. The link to their website is Northwest Territorial Mint - Custom Minting, Bullion Sales, Online Store.

If you are buying upwards of 10K worth of PMs, navigate to their bullion center and place your order over the phone. They will send you your PMs when your bank transfer clears. This will save you a lot of money because their premiums are much lower if you buy in bulk.

The only negative is that they do not pre-mint any PMs, so you have to wait for them to actually mint your PMs. I was not worried because you can still sell the PMs back to them close to spot price while your order is being processed. Delivery took about 6 weeks each time I ordered from them.
    Gun Zone Deals

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    Dallas gold and silver treated me good. Also check out provident metals, they are also local to Texas. I prefer a brick and mortar store. At least you can touch what you are going to buy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    For an additional option if you are trying to order over the phone, call milesfranklin.com I have used them for several purchases in the past and was very pleased.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Check out Bullion Direct. I have bought some and left it in "holding"; since they are located in Texas you will pay sales tax on any order under $1,000 but that won't affect you. They charge a 1% commission on bullion; Gold Line charges 5%. My recommendation is to stay away from coins or "numismatic / semi-numismatic" items, their value is above the weight in gold/silver as they are considered collectible. With that said the value fluctuates in regards to perceived market value, not actual gold/silver prices.

Bullion is the only way to go, IMO. I have some stashed away but not enough. Hell two months ago silver as $27/oz now it is at ~$35.5/oz. Similar % variance with gold. If you buy local do not pay more than 3% over current market value for bullion or it will be cheaper to buy online.

I have used both Gold Line and Bullion Direct, go with Bullion Direct and skip the BS with Gold Line.

+1

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    APMEX

You need to buy on a dip not after the fed announces QE3... Also you need to know what "spot" is and what you are paying over it. Also I would not do any transaction that does not result with gold in your hands... Not on a piece of paper...

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    The problem with Gold is ... you can't eat it, drink it, or break it into smaller denominations when the SHTF.

What good is one ounce of Gold at today's price of $1773 per ounce if you cannot make it smaller without the right tools?

Swap an ounce of gold for one chicken or a sack of flour/rice?

One ounce of gold will buy you 46,200 rounds of .22 Long Rifle ammo, or about 84 boxes of bulk (550) rounds.

Ammo may prove to be a better investment.

All the gold purveyors are hyping their commodity as the national debt spirals out of control, and signs of runaway inflation appear.

Gold only cost about $400/ounce a few years ago.

Gold shot high under President Carter, then dropped sharply under subsequent administrations to the historical average of $300/ounce.

Weak America = Higher Gold Prices.

Strong USA = Lower Gold Prices.

Buy low, sell high.

Beware the gold market.

Mike D Texas

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Parker County
    The problem with Gold is ... you can't eat it, drink it, or break it into smaller denominations when the SHTF.

What good is one ounce of Gold at today's price of $1773 per ounce if you cannot make it smaller without the right tools?

One ounce of gold will buy you 46,200 rounds of .22 Long Rifle ammo, or about 84 boxes of bulk (550) rounds.

All the gold purveyors are hyping their commodity as the national debt spirals out of control, and signs of runaway inflation appear.

Gold shot high under President Carter, then dropped sharply under subsequent administrations to the historical average of $300/ounce.

Buy low, sell high.

Beware the gold market.

;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    I'm on tapatalk so I can't see where you are, but Harry's here in San Antonio ( Leon valley) technically, is an extremely honest jeweler to deal with. I have seen his operations from the inside and have helped him count 100,000 in gold once. Silver is good for smaller denominations to work with also. He would also be worth a phone call anyways to give you some excellent advice. I promise you he is as honest as they come. His store number is 210-684-6326

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I've found the best place is coin shows. You might have to pay a small entrance fee like a gun show, but it's worth it.

With all the dealers close together, one can't overcharge too much or he would not get any business. You have a huge selection of the type of gold you want to buy also, from Krugerrands, Maple Leafs, US gold coins, Chinese gold art coins, etc. all with the purity on them. Cash is king there and you have no paper trail. They usually buy and sell for a less service charge than you will find at a brick and mortar storefront. Plus if you want to invest in Silver coinage, you will have a great selection to choose from. Not everyone wants collectable coins, and bulk silver dollars are a easy way to get a stash.

Schue

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    FT Hood

Buy low, sell high.

Beware the gold market.

Some of us use gold to help preserve our wealth during times of inflation. At present, the .gov is constantly doing things that are devaluing the US dollar and physical PMs > fiat currency.

I would not recommend buying a bunch of gold if you have high amounts of debt or if your money could be used for other things such as food, ammo, guns, ect.

I buy gold to diversify my portfolio. I still have other investments. The "you can't eat gold" argument does not apply to some of us :)

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Some of us use gold to help preserve our wealth during times of inflation. At present, the .gov is constantly doing things that are devaluing the US dollar and physical PMs > fiat currency.

I would not recommend buying a bunch of gold if you have high amounts of debt or if your money could be used for other things such as food, ammo, guns, ect.

I buy gold to diversify my portfolio. I still have other investments. The "you can't eat gold" argument does not apply to some of us :)

This.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    Do not buy Numismatic. Go to Apmex and buy gold and silver eagles, junk silver coins. On trading, trade on the etf's GLD, SLV, SGOL, and PSLV are some good one's to look at. You can buy gold and silver mining companies if you don't have the expertise to buy them individually yourself, just look at the etf's GDX and GDXJ.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK

+1

I'm sticking with the 10% of my portfolio. Not all of it. This fiat currency IMHO is headed for a melt down. If you borrowed the only dollar on the planet, what would you use to pay it back? print some more? Thats what the gov is doing. It's a ponzi waiting to crash. Gov bonds are a joke.

As for not being able to eat gold.

If our whole system fell to shit. Paper money was being use as wallpaper(as it was in post war Germany). Gold and silver is the only thing that will be held a standard of currency. Somebody somewhere will want it.

Were not going to return to monkeys. Humans will regain a barter system. Historically, gold and been the base for most of it. If I buy 10k in gold and after a world jack up event. It ends up being worth 1k. It's still worth something while paper wouldnt be. So if you have 100k is paper, but 0 in gold....youre screwed. You can use it to burn in a stove, again, like the Germans did.

I have ammo. I have guns. I can get food. And if the world fell apart, I would trade you a sack of flour all day long for gold.

Top Bottom