• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Koinonia

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    Well, the recent American Rifleman Magazine on the first page, has Gold and Silver coins for sale. You could always go and find a claim, and gold pan for a weekend, too!

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Actually, Hutto isn't too far from North Austin. You could go to McBrides and check out the guns, and then move over to the other side of the building and buy some silver and/or gold bullion. Sounds like a win/win road trip for you.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Actually, Hutto isn't too far from North Austin. You could go to McBrides and check out the guns, and then move over to the other side of the building and buy some silver and/or gold bullion. Sounds like a win/win road trip for you.

Thank you, Ill check them out

I'm looking for a sizable investment. Past 10k

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Watch out for tungsten!

I do. I buy the tig welding tips. Snap little chunks off. Stick in the end of a hollow point 22lr.

bobble.gif

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I buy from AMPEX and AMERGOLD. I would suggest buying $20.00 ST Guadens gold coins MS 63 to MS 65 they cost more than bullion but seem to retain their value more

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Lol. Cool. you have never known unless you tried. I buy a little bit of gold and silver every now and then. I am always on the lookout at yard sales I have found a lot of silver browsing at yard sales. if I'm walking by a coin shop I'll stop in and buy a round. I just hate pain taxes on it in Texas. I am still trying to get used to that

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    Check out Bullion Direct. I have bought some and left it in "holding"; since they are located in Texas you will pay sales tax on any order under $1,000 but that won't affect you. They charge a 1% commission on bullion; Gold Line charges 5%. My recommendation is to stay away from coins or "numismatic / semi-numismatic" items, their value is above the weight in gold/silver as they are considered collectible. With that said the value fluctuates in regards to perceived market value, not actual gold/silver prices.

Bullion is the only way to go, IMO. I have some stashed away but not enough. Hell two months ago silver as $27/oz now it is at ~$35.5/oz. Similar % variance with gold. If you buy local do not pay more than 3% over current market value for bullion or it will be cheaper to buy online.

I have used both Gold Line and Bullion Direct, go with Bullion Direct and skip the BS with Gold Line.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I recommend you take physical possession of the gold. A piece of paper that says you own X amount of gold isn't worth squat to me.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I haven't done this yet, but I think I'd try to find a local jeweler and see if he'd sell you scrap slightly below spot. At least that's my plan of obama gets re-elected. I think gold is going to lose it's hysteria pricing influence if Romney is.

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    Precious metals have been on the rise since since early 2004 (President Bush's fault?) and won't bust anytime soon, loose some value maybe but not bust. Their value is too high in the commercial and industrial sector, hell China alone can have a big influence. Seriously, just watch China's manufacturing numbers vs. gold & silver prices.

Also keep an eye out for "junk" silver; coins, flat wear, etc. Most collectors are not as interested in them which leaves the price a little lower. As the others have said, take physical possession. The biggest bs in precious metals is gold stocks, don't even bother.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    My parents neighbor retired 10 years ago and his hobby is panning for gold, he accumulates roughly $250,000 a year from his hobby and he WILL NOT tell anyone where he pans for it. He has a pocket watch that he calls his "retirement" watch, when you open it all the guts are removed and it's solid gold inside. when people ask him what time it is he whips that thing out and says "oh look at that I really don't give f!@# what time it is i'm retired".

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tray81
    Top Bottom