• ...and so much more!
  • Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    If you need a Garden cart, Academy has two on sale. This one, approx 4x2x2 with 1000lb carrying capacity, fold-down sides and a handle that converts to attach to a tow hitch for $80 and a smaller one for $50.

They'll sell it put together at the same price but I wanted to do it so I'd know how everything was connected and what to re-tighten every few months (and keep my man card, of course).

0b5f266aa397816b9d0891f146258fe4.jpg

Comparable items were $120-$130 at Home Depot and Wal-Mart.

Tony2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia
    I have to find time to do some canning. I have a brand new electric WB canner still in the box.

When you get started it will open your eyes to the possibilities. If you aren't gardening finding a farmers market with the right vegetables can be a issue One thing I like is if you lose power or the freezer goes out it isn't as much of an issue. I have also done some fermenting "sauerkraut" with great results. also better for you because it isn't pasteurized and easy to do

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    When you get started it will open your eyes to the possibilities. If you aren't gardening finding a farmers market with the right vegetables can be a issue One thing I like is if you lose power or the freezer goes out it isn't as much of an issue. I have also done some fermenting "sauerkraut" with great results. also better for you because it isn't pasteurized and easy to do
    Homemade fermented foods are incredibly good for you. As you mentioned it isn't pasteurized which means there's still tons of good probiotics in there. Same thing applies for other stuff like miso or keifer.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Tony2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia
    I left snl with the old guys cause im one of em lol. what I am in need of now is the equipment for beer brewing in particular mead.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I have a nice All American pressure canner. Most of what I do is water bath pickling though.

I need to move more into the meat and veggie canning. I don't have many recipes for stuff like that.

Tony2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia
    Make sure you only do fruits and other acidic foods with the waterbath caner. Most vegetables and all meat require pressure canning.

That's for sure. the canner probably came with a book of how to instructions for most any thing you want to can.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Time to revive this thread. We've been hauling one of our kids to gym meets for the last seven years this time of year. Garden became untended, overgrown etc. This year, I made a raised bed garden. I need one more yard of dirt in it, but the wife and I are pretty fired up to get back to it. We live on a hill so the yard is pretty sloped - took some doings to get it all framed in and going.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I really like that. Is that just galvanized roofing?

Funny story about that metal. I went out to my wife's uncle's place in the country to dump some yard debris in his burn pile and started talking to him about the best way to make a raised bed garden, he took me out behind his shop and he had a bunch of siding etc. from his company (that I work for) that burned down in 1981. They were 3' wide 31" tall panels that probably came from the soffits. I cut them in half with an abrasive blade to use them. I don't know how long they'll last but I've got a pile of spares. It's a lot thicker than regular roofing tin.

Top Bottom