Freedom Munitions- Has Anyone Here Tried Them?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    Use them a LOT. Good ammo. No shop is perfect, think I had ONE .45 seated too deep, out of thousands of rounds. No split cases, no misfires. Absolutely will order from them again.
    Capitol Armory ad

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Only had a single bad round in thousands I've bought from FM. It was a .45 ACP that wasn't caught in the inspection, not sure how because the press caught the edge of the case and literally cut out a strip of brass half way down the side.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I know of 1 guy personally who swears by their 9mm reloads. I'm trying 250rds of their reloaded 9mm with the star looking hollow point. i just bought it today.

Have you tried it and what was it like?
    I've used a lot (approx. 3,000rds) of their 9mm and .45ACP reloads and have basically good things to say about it EXCEPT for two particular instances. On two occasions, I was running 9mm reloads from Freedom through (1) an HK P2000sk and (2) an HK VP9 and experienced a blown primer in each situation. These did not happen on the same trip to the range, nor did it occur with ammo from the same ammo purchase; however, I have no way of knowing if they were reloaded at the same time. In each instance, the slide short-stroked and did not extract and then went back into battery. The shell casings had to be knocked out with a rod through the muzzle.

EDIT--all the Freedom Munitions ammo that I've used has been purchased FTF at their brick and mortar store in Jersey Village.

Last edited:

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    We have used thousands of rounds of their .380, 9mm, .40 and .45 and a couple hundred rounds of their .50 BMG, without a problem. Things can and do happen.

I'm glad the guy with the Colt is going to be okay.....

I personally would not go on a public forum and tell that story......he evidently doesn't have an attorney......imho.......

dmwz71

Professional Retiree
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Crosby, Texas
    I have used several thousand rounds of Freedom Munitions, new and reman, in 9mm, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP with no issues at all. They have all gone bang with no problems...........

MitchKov

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2014
    Ive shot around 1000 rounds of the 9mm and a small number of the 45, most were remanufactured. Had one split case i found while loading a mag at the range. Have had one or 2 fail to cycle but otherwise the price was right. I order during their shipping promotions and/or sales (which they run constantly). I spent a fair amount with them last Black Friday.

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    Thousands of rounds in both .40 and 9mm. Maybe had a few rounds seated too deep. I also received 32 rounds in a 50 round box. Emailed Freedom to get the other 18, the lady who responded was super nice and had 100 rounds sent to me in a few days. I am a repeat customer and will continue to be.

SigSteve

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2014
    Rosenberg, TX area
    Agreed, thousands of rounds of reman shot, not a single issue. I shoot IDPA and lots of other shooters use Freedom Munitions. I don't exactly keep track but I don't recall ever seeing a failure or ammo problem from those using Freedom (a few hand loaders have issues from time to time).

KawiVulcanS

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 1, 2015
    Houston, TX
    I've been using them for nearly 2 years and 2,000 rounds of both their 9mm and .45 reman ball ammo. Never had any major issues. As others have mentioned here, no operation is 100% perfect; I have had maybe 5 f2f's in around 2,000 rounds downrange. Plus their store is 10 minutes from my house. Can't beat that!
    :usflag:

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    I've been using them for nearly 2 years and 2,000 rounds of both their 9mm and .45 reman ball ammo. Never had any major issues. As others have mentioned here, no operation is 100% perfect; I have had maybe 5 f2f's in around 2,000 rounds downrange. Plus their store is 10 minutes from my house. Can't beat that!
    :usflag:

For additional information: They have a store in Houston on 290 on Jones I believe (in a corner behind Slick Willies). You can go there and buy in bulk and save the shipping. Now by in bulk I mean IN BULK (like fill your trunk). There used to not be limits. Kawi do you know if they put limits on in the last year or two?

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    When they first started up, I shot a few hundred sample rounds. No issues. They use X-treme bullets and they both take in "used brass" as credit against purchases. The people that I have talked to from Freedom Ammunition indicate that the two companies are parts of the same larger enterprise. Since, I started reloading, I have come to the conclusion that X-treme bullets are good, available, and sell at good prices.
    I do find that Walmart Federal Aluminum is cheaper when you look at shipping. (Also, you can reload the Aluminum cases just as the brass, may not last quite as long, but several times is just fine)

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    For additional information: They have a store in Houston on 290 on Jones I believe (in a corner behind Slick Willies). You can go there and buy in bulk and save the shipping. Now by in bulk I mean IN BULK (like fill your trunk). There used to not be limits. Kawi do you know if they put limits on in the last year or two?
    That would be in the strip center right behind Willie's Ice House. ;)

Top Bottom