Freedom Munitions- Has Anyone Here Tried Them?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leo_D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2015
    I have shot thousands of rounds with no problems i do have one of my 45s that is a little finicky after about 100 rounds but the other two will run there ammo all day long

wbstx11

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2015
    I have tried 45, 38Spcl, 223, and 308. At 100 yds the FM 308 ammo gave me 3-4 inch groups and the 556 FM ammo gave me 4-5 inch groups. My hand loads are giving me (to date) 1 inch groups with 308 and 2 inch groups with the 556 - and I have just started working on them. For the pistol calibers I think Freedom Munitions is a very good deal - and in fact I can't understand why you would even consider reloading 9mm. If I had a good progressive instead of this Lee Loadmaster (crappy, cantankerous, piece of junk) I might keep reloading 45, 38 spcl, and 357 - but FM is so dam close in cost it ain't worth it to reload those. I reload rifle calibers for accuracy.

Dustyzz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2013
    Round Rock
    I have bought thousands of rounds from Freedom Munitions, 9mm, .40sw, and .45acp... the only complaint I have is that they don't offer .357sig.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    I buy from time to time from Freedom; but lately, TargetSportsUSA has them beat on case pricing with free shipping. That 8.25% sales tax from Freedom is usually the difference.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I have tried 45, 38Spcl, 223, and 308. At 100 yds the FM 308 ammo gave me 3-4 inch groups and the 556 FM ammo gave me 4-5 inch groups. My hand loads are giving me (to date) 1 inch groups with 308 and 2 inch groups with the 556 - and I have just started working on them. For the pistol calibers I think Freedom Munitions is a very good deal - and in fact I can't understand why you would even consider reloading 9mm. If I had a good progressive instead of this Lee Loadmaster (crappy, cantankerous, piece of junk) I might keep reloading 45, 38 spcl, and 357 - but FM is so dam close in cost it ain't worth it to reload those. I reload rifle calibers for accuracy.
    I reload 9mm, reusing brass my cost per shot goes down to between 11 and 13 cents depending on component choice, purchasing deals, etc. I can crank out a couple hundred rounds or so in an hour without much effort, and I enjoy the time spent. If I have to buy brass, even then the price only goes up a bit (2.5 cents ea. at the expensive end).

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Hijacking the thread slightly, but how accurate can you get your rounds out of that vs. commercial ammo? Equal, lesser, better?

For the last three years I've been contemplating a 550 and gettign back into loading but Life (TM) has conspired to insure its an option that year. If one were loading 9mm with a view to shooting 500-1,500 a month (for competition), would it be worth it? I view accuracy as important.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Hijacking the thread slightly, but how accurate can you get your rounds out of that vs. commercial ammo? Equal, lesser, better?

For the last three years I've been contemplating a 550 and gettign back into loading but Life (TM) has conspired to insure its an option that year. If one were loading 9mm with a view to shooting 500-1,500 a month (for competition), would it be worth it? I view accuracy as important.
    More accurate. More consistent.
    Once you find a load your pistol likes, it's like having a never ending supply of match ammo.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Can you achieve that at (or hopefully better) than the cost of purchasing?
    I buy powder in 8# jugs, primers 5k at a time, and bullets are 3750 to a case.
    Once fired brass comes from a local friend.
    My cost per round is pretty low.

I use Montana Gold 124gr JHP bullets, and current pricing shows them at $0.096 each.

I use Solo1000 powder. It's super fluffy. Might be 4 grains max that'll fit in the case. So that's about a penny per load.

Primers are less than a nickel.

So match grade JHP for maybe $0.15/round.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Update: I think I've had my first bad batch (reman) from Freedom (.300 blk, reman, 208gr AMAX). Testing out two new .300blk rifles, I've had several FTF's where the ejected case (after appropriate pause, safety check, etc.) shows a well-indented primer but no "bang." I've contacted Freedom about it and am waiting on their response (and offered to send them pictures of the primer indentations).

Two different rifles had problems with this batch, and neither had problem with other brands of ammo.

Top Bottom