• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crash83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2017
    Spring, TX
    A 1911 is like any other complex machine. It requires maintenance and service. You can use oil or grease. You can use super sophisticated lubricants. Remember the 1911 was first adopted by the military back in 1911. They didn't have super fancy lubricants back then and the 1911 served for over 100 years with just general lubricants.
    Changing the springs and tuning the extractor are just as important. If you keep a 1911 in working order it will save your life. When the Army switched to the Beretta, I remember stories of active GIs stationed around the world contacting their parents or spouses asking them to send them a 1911 because the Beretta just didn't cut it. The Marines recently switched back to the 1911. You may be a Ford guy or a Chevy guy, but the fact that our military guys and girls still rely on a 100 year old design for protection is good enough for me.

The Marines switched back to 1911s ?
    Pretty sure that is not correct.
    They are currently using the Sig Sauer M17 and 18.
    And ...this is a serious question, why are 1911 guys so hell bent on saying the 1911 won WW1 and WW2 ? Didn't the Atom Bomb do that?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    And ...this is a serious question, why are 1911 guys so hell bent on saying the 1911 won WW1 and WW2 ? Didn't the Atom Bomb do that?

I’m guessing the reference is to the M45A1 or the MEU(SOC) variant issued or available for issue.

USMC also issues the M11, M007 (G19), M9 and variant) alongside the M17/18 for now.

It’ll be a while, if ever, before the USMC only issues the Sig.

Keep Calm and RTFU

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Not going to argue what won the wars, but WWII was won before the atom bomb was dropped. In order to insure an unconditional surrender by the Japanese the atom bombs were used.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I'm not arguing what won either war.
    I just think it is a silly comment.
    Hell I could claim. The Willis jeep won WW2...

It did, too ;)

Germans: lets build these wonder weapons that take up money, time, resources, manpower, all of which we can't actually spare and at that, killed as many people MAKING them as they killed on impact and explosions.
    Americans: or we could paddle our landing boats and jeeps across the Channel, and pound the shit out of y'all in a much more personal fashion, like with these here 1911s!

/s

Top Bottom