• ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    That's the same argument I hear about welding machines. Are the welding machines of today better? They do have many features that can make them easier to use, but I see many more welding machines that are still in use today that were made 70 years ago then I do welding machines made 25 years ago.

Apples and oranges.

You are comparing quality of manufacturing of the machine.

Compare that 70 year old machine to a new fangled computer controlled welder.
    Venture Surplus ad

tbark44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    nowhere
    really ,

Attachments

• 1911mam1.jpg
      1911mam1.jpg
      512.7 KB · Views: 229

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    It is amazing the number of companies that have decided to invest large amounts of time and wealth into the manufacturer of a semi auto pistol design that is "old and outdated".
    To me, the 1911 has earned its fame and followers honestly. Is it the best pistol out there, maybe not. Has it been the most trusted and popular firearm for over 100 years....absolutely.

Social media is always going to be a place for those who need to make themselves feel important by making others feel inferior. I don't mean that in a bad way, it is just a fact of life.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    It is amazing the number of companies that have decided to invest large amounts of time and wealth into the manufacturer of a semi auto pistol design that is "old and outdated".
    To me, the 1911 has earned its fame and followers honestly. Is it the best pistol out there, absolutely!.Has it been the most trusted and popular firearm for over 100 years....yep! absolutely.
    Social media is always going to be a place for those who need to make themselves feel important by making others feel inferior. I don't mean that in a bad way, it is just a fact of life.
    Fixed it for ya'! :banana:

Last edited:

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Not because he thought it wasn't perfect, but because of the specific requests for a new design by the French government and because he had sold the rights to the 1911 design to Colt. If you're talking about the Hi Power.
    Plus, after he died, JMB quit providing design input.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom