• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Anyone been to Just Burgers on Louetta? Tried to go there yesterday around 3:30 and they had a sandwich board out front saying "SOLD OUT". The place was already dark and locked up so I'm assuming they had run out of whatever ingredients no later than 3:00.

MetalCutter

Life is too short for cheap cigars!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    The Woodlands, TX
    Anyone been to Just Burgers on Louetta? Tried to go there yesterday around 3:30 and they had a sandwich board out front saying "SOLD OUT". The place was already dark and locked up so I'm assuming they had run out of whatever ingredients no later than 3:00.

From what I hear (I've haven't made it there yet) they make some great burgers and fries. Freshly baked buns and grind their own meat. Apparently they make what they make and when it's gone they close up shop. I'm determined to give them a try soon.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    From what I hear (I've haven't made it there yet) they make some great burgers and fries. Freshly baked buns and grind their own meat. Apparently they make what they make and when it's gone they close up shop. I'm determined to give them a try soon.

That's got to hurt....

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Lots of talk about pizza, it seems.

There's a new (to the area) chain called Pie Five. They promise your pizza in 5 minutes. They achieve this by making only "personal-size" pizzas. If you live in/around the new Spring location you will have probably gotten a coupon in the mail for a free pizza. I decided to use it.

They gave me no static on the coupon but I think they still made a profit since it cost over $2, with tax, to get a drink to go with the pie. :)

The experience was weird. As soon as I stepped up to the order station, I hit a 5-minute countdown clock on my phone. I placed my order for a plain pepperoni on thin crust. The entire top of the pizza was covered by 6 slices of pepperoni; they aren't big. As I walk down the line where I'm offered desserts and post-cooking toppings, the pizza makes its way through the oven. I was handed my pizza, paid out, and went to the dispenser to fill my drink cup.

While I was filling it, the timer on my phone went off.

Pros: They actually deliver a cooked pizza within 5 minutes after you place your order. If you've got a coupon, the pizza is free.
    Cons: The place was very busy, even though it's new and this was a weeknight. Also, the pizza is not good enough to actually pay for.

Recommended for: Folks in a great hurry who want something flat and roughly round that has a taste reminiscent of pizza. Also, folks who are about to go into the Cinemark in the same parking lot and want to kill their appetite so they don't wind up paying twice as much for an even lousier pizza inside the movie theater.

I admire the business model. I wish I'd thought of it. However, I don't go to restaurants to support their business model.

Anybody else been there? What did you think?

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Lots of talk about pizza, it seems.

There's a new (to the area) chain called Pie Five. They promise your pizza in 5 minutes. They achieve this by making only "personal-size" pizzas. If you live in/around the new Spring location you will have probably gotten a coupon in the mail for a free pizza. I decided to use it.

They gave me no static on the coupon but I think they still made a profit since it cost over $2, with tax, to get a drink to go with the pie. :)

The experience was weird. As soon as I stepped up to the order station, I hit a 5-minute countdown clock on my phone. I placed my order for a plain pepperoni on thin crust. The entire top of the pizza was covered by 6 slices of pepperoni; they aren't big. As I walk down the line where I'm offered desserts and post-cooking toppings, the pizza makes its way through the oven. I was handed my pizza, paid out, and went to the dispenser to fill my drink cup.

While I was filling it, the timer on my phone went off.

Pros: They actually deliver a cooked pizza within 5 minutes after you place your order. If you've got a coupon, the pizza is free.
    Cons: The place was very busy, even though it's new and this was a weeknight. Also, the pizza is not good enough to actually pay for.

Recommended for: Folks in a great hurry who want something flat and roughly round that has a taste reminiscent of pizza. Also, folks who are about to go into the Cinemark in the same parking lot and want to kill their appetite so they don't wind up paying twice as much for an even lousier pizza inside the movie theater.

I admire the business model. I wish I'd thought of it. However, I don't go to restaurants to support their business model.

Anybody else been there? What did you think?

Nice write up on them. Saved me and probably a few friends a trip, tks.

FYI for you Tailgators Pub & Grill | The Woodlands fans, the restaurant will be closing soon. Hospital bought up that entire strip center at 45 and 242 for a new building and they all have had their leases bought out. Which means that Mike's Cigar Room is getting the boot also.

MetalCutter

Life is too short for cheap cigars!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    The Woodlands, TX

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Nice write up on them. Saved me and probably a few friends a trip, tks.
    Well, the pizza wasn't terrible. I've had worse...out of a no-name box from the frozen food aisle. Compared to that, the crust was nice and crispy. OTOH, the quality of the toppings was inferior to plenty of frozen pizzas I've had...and that means they were pretty bad.

One thing "special" about the toppings was the surprising amount of grease that sweated out of those few slices of pepperoni. I did the whole "blot with paper napkins" thing three times.

After re-reading, I realize my previous post was just detail-free name-calling when it came to the actual quality of the product. Because of that, I thought I'd add a few details about why I don't think the pizza is good enough to pay for.

FYI for you Tailgators Pub & Grill | The Woodlands fans, the restaurant will be closing soon.
    Noted. Thanks.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    What would you Tailgators fans recommend? I happen to have a long lunch break today (more like a lull between things to do).

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Need to add a correction.

I just learned that Tailgators at 242/I-45 will be going away, but not all of that shopping center will be demolished, just that one end right now.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Gotta add another Mexican restaurant (Taquería actually) to the list, so digging up this semi-old thread.

http://www.habanerostacos.com/

Ate lunch at their place today and it was real good. Order at counter, pay, sit, and they bring it to you. Not your typical Tex-Mex place, manager explained to me that this is more southern Mexico food. Took his recommendation and ordered the three most popular tacos. He brought three sauces in squeeze bottles to the table with the meal, a brown one, a green one, and one that looked like thousand island dressing---it was not, that was the habanero sauce and it quickly became my favorite. They really fill up the double corn tortillas with meat and other good stuff.

Worth a stop if in the area.

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    OK, this thread has bubbled to the top again so I guess I should add some recent experiences.

FYI for you Tailgators Pub & Grill | The Woodlands fans, the restaurant will be closing soon.
    One just opened near me in Spring, on Kuykendahl just north of 2920. Are they worth a short trip?

Near to them, a Red Robin has also opened. Same question: worth a trip?

Now, what I really wanted to talk about -

Anyone been to Just Burgers on Louetta?
    Several times, now. Fantastic burgers! Even though I have to pass by at least 20 other burger places to get there, I've made it a special trip more than once. I've changed the bank branch I use because I have to drive past Just Burgers to get there. I convinced my seriously ill sister to put forth the effort to get out of the house and go with me just because I figured she'd think it was worth the exhaustion that would result; I was absolutely right.

To top it off, they have equally great fries and onion rings of the "thin and crispy" variety; if you like big, thick rings and "steak fries", these won't be your bag. I can appreciate both types and when it comes to the type they make, they do 'em as well as anyone. If I were in the neighborhood and they were out of meat, I'd still stop in for rings. Whatever burger you get, opt for the large patty and the pretzel bun. While you're at it, tell 'em to cook it medium-rare and they'll actually do it! If you're feeling especially decadent, they'll throw a fried egg on any burger they make.

They are the best burger joint I've found within a half-hour drive of my house, which means they beat out at least a hundred other places. I flat-out love their burgers. Have I been clear about that? If not, I can keep writing about them for as long as it takes to get my point across. :)

Top Bottom