• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Yes there are food trucks, kinda a trendy thing right now. They come to my office every wed. Imo, pricey and only ok

There's a few parking lot that a bunch congregate at.

Not a food truck. I mean some guy or husband/wife in a truck that unloads a couplea folding tables and cooking equipment and sets up shop on a wide sidewalk somewhere. You pick a meat and ingredients and they cook it for you. And you do not see them until it's fully night time.

You can see this all over L.A. and along the Embarcadero in San Francisco; also a bit around Oakland and Berkeley.

MetalCutter

Life is too short for cheap cigars!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    The Woodlands, TX

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Central Texas Style BBQ on 518 by the tracks in Pearland was good when I used to go there too. Been a few years. BBQ baked potato was huge.

Sent by a idjit coffeeholic

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Now that I'm starting to get settled here, I'm really wanting to find some good eats. ...most of the time, at night I lay my head in North Houston.
    The greater Houston metro area is packed with more great places to eat than anyone could possibly visit in a lifetime. You really need to decide what type of places you want to visit instead of simply "no Thai" if you want a chance at coming up with a short list of must-try places.

For example, if you do a search on the Houston Press website for places outside the loop, generally on the NW side, and limit the result to just Critic's Top Picks/Best ofs/Recommended spots, you get a list of 61 restaurants! See: Houston Critics' Picks | Recommended | Best Of Restaurants Guide - Houston Dining Guide

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Not a food truck. I mean some guy or husband/wife in a truck that unloads a couplea folding tables and cooking equipment and sets up shop on a wide sidewalk somewhere. You pick a meat and ingredients and they cook it for you. And you do not see them until it's fully night time.

You can see this all over L.A. and along the Embarcadero in San Francisco; also a bit around Oakland and Berkeley.
    You people in Cali need some more laws, that place is outta control!

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    These places are actual brick and mortar type businesses, but sell great tacos like the mobile stands do. While they do have tables and chairs they are mainly walk up.

Taqueria Los Reyes: 4901 N McCarty St, Houston, TX 77013
    Hell yeah! Love love love me some Los Reyes. Best damn Machacada in Houston.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Forgot about Tiggs cafe cbp210, good onion rings. Garry Lee has been managing that since he sold/left his gun store and range after the 'troubles'. He is a good guy.

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    I always stop by Jason's Deli whenever in the Woodlands (google Jason's for other Houston locations)

soups, sandwiches, salads (and free smoothie ice cream)

I get this :

The New York Yankee $8.59 - $7.09
    3/4 Pound combo of hot corned beef and pastrami, Swiss and your choice of mustard or mayo, on rye

with a side of sauerkraut and I usually take 1/2 of it home for the next day's lunch

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Katz's Deli Montrose location - for the freak show AND the food ;)

Goode Company BBQ / Seafood (separate locations). Get the freakin pecan pie, it's AWESOME!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom