• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • willygene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    texas
    I was a dealer for 15 years my brother still is , and I find it hard to believe that he was issued an ffl with an address for a self storage unit , unless he ownes the place something ain't right. They are particular about where your business will be.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Houston armory used to operate out of a storage unit if I remember correctly or something similar. I used to store my extra equipment from my glass business in one of those storage units until the owners daughter and her friend burned the place down running a meth lab out of one of the units.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    What did you buy????I'd play a dirty. Call the cops will a welfare concern. tell them your friends with this guy and he's not where he's been. You fear for his health. have them check the place. It's not uncommon for the cops to have a master code to get in gates. Especially gated apartments. make sure to ask for a call back on the welfare check.If he's ok...cool. If he's not...you found the problem.For all you know he's laying on the floor, tittie up.
    Maiking a false police report will go over great.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I was a dealer for 15 years my brother still is , and I find it hard to believe that he was issued an ffl with an address for a self storage unit , unless he ownes the place something ain't right. They are particular about where your business will be.

It is NOT a requirement to have a storefront, it IS a requirement to be in business, which is demonstrated with a business license (if required by the city) and other stuff like a sales tax registration/vendor license, a Federal Tax ID etc...
    If the locale allows your home to be a business location (and your insurance allows it) then your home can be your business location. Same goes for a storage facility. BTW, A lot of storage facilities in more built up areas in have office rentals also although I think MedicMan would have let us know if this was the case.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Maiking a false police report will go over great.

Yep. Been on about 8 of them. Always thought it was funny. Lifes too short to throw everybody in jail.

Out of 9 years of law enforcement. I wrote a total of 5 tickets. Not a one in the military. I got paid no matter how many dumb calls I went on.

Live and let live....

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I really don't know why he jumped on me like that. All I said was the truth.

Anyway, hopefully you got everything straight between you and the FFL in question. I hate the feeling that I may have gotten ripped off but I also hate that my mind goes to that conclusion as quick as it does. I guess once you've been burned you are foreverafter cautious. At least in this case you are dealing with someone who has something to lose (FFL) so you have a pretty strong hand to play if circumstances call for it.

Medic218

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Little Elm
    Yeah, wanted to meet up with him tonight after work but dispatch had other ideas for me.....
    I'll try to meet up with him tomorrow.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    OK. Thread cleaned up. Nothing wrong with a little animated discussion, but it doesn't need to turn nasty.

The next person who wants to jump in and play Billy badass gets a vacation.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I still think we need details, good or bad, to include the FFL in question. Something stinks here and while that doesn't mean everything's rotten, folks have a right to know when someone's business practices are not all above board. Otherwise, folks are gonna fall blindly into the same trap if they use this FFL.

Sorry, but I use a well-known FFL on this board who doesn't really have a storefront but who I know is trustworthy (as is his wife). If for any reason I couldn't use him, I would make sure whoever I would go to was available and communicated otherwise I'd find someone different. It isn't worth saving $5-10 to risk such ass pain.

We're not talking about a lost candle from QVC here, and FFLs are not those taco vans you see at construction sites. They are Federal regulated and expected to operate under strict guidelines, if this guy is pushing those boundaries than others need to know so they can avoid him like the plaque!

Cheers! M2

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    1) Not a police matter.

2) If this was Bill, then it is well-known he is having personal issues.

3) Next time just say, Anyone know how to reach XYZ?

Medic218

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Little Elm
    Ok, he contacted me yesterday and I wanted to pick them up but I got off a lot later than I should have...dispatch had other plans for me. That one was on me.
    Today he was also there so I went by about 2:00pm to pick them up.
    I was in and out in less than ten minutes and for whatever reason he didn't charge me. I didn't fight it though.

I don't know if he saw my post on here or not or on another forum but everything did get sorted out.

He said that he had switched cell phone providers and the provider of the server for his website or something and that that had caused him a lot of issues recently.

True or not, I don't know. He was nice as usual but not overly nice like he was trying to make up for anything so who knows if he saw any of my post or not.

The FFL I used was:

Viking Armory
    4316 Main Street #210
    The Colony, TX 75056
    469-233-8133
    Viking Armory

Even with the issues I had contacting him I'm still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't lying to me since I was able to go pick up my product pretty quickly once he did finally get back to me.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Oh hell, I've bought quite a bit of stuff from Viking. I've never had any problems with him but I've always bought from his stock. Ordering something may be a different story. He's the one who first told me how trusts work and the steps to obtaining a silencer.

I'm glad everything worked out for you in the end.

Top Bottom