• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    It doesn't even have to be a shack. Why not just a sheet of plywood stood up with the charge taped to the back somewhere. Same result with much less work and cleanup.
    There's no containment thus no perceived explosion. I dunno, we can try it both ways. But DAMN, you're lazy! :p

You would have to keep it somewhat low anyways to keep bullets from clearing the berm.
    True dat.

AngeliaH

Life's Peachy
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Central Texas
    Me and Syrup might come.....maybe....I mean we are kinda interested in stuff like this....it will be a sacrifice but I think we can endure it. :p

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I've been to a few meets before from TGF. It's always fun. Always nice to interact with like minded peeps. Not to mention playing with other people's toys. Lol.

That's what it has become for many, a big fat BS session. Cars, Tannerite, etc. are just icing

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ... the charge taped to the back somewhere. .
    I have some objections to this. Charges inside, below, and behind objects have, at the previous meets, launched those objects towards the firing line. Objects large enough to kill people have landed where people could have been standing. As a general rule, charges should be in front of whatever is to be destroyed.

Why not put 1 2-pound charge on the front of a sheet of plywood in a cardboard container. Also affix a dozen or more identical containers with nothing in them. We could take turns shooting until someone picks the lucky target. Just an idea.

But we need to come up with fun ways to set off Tannerite while it's in FRONT of the object to be destroyed, not under, behind, or inside. The explosive wavefront needs to move all debris away from the firing line, not toward it, up or sideways.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I have some objections to this. Charges inside, below, and behind objects have, at the previous meets, launched those objects towards the firing line. Objects large enough to kill people have landed where people could have been standing. As a general rule, charges should be in front of whatever is to be destroyed.

Why not put 1 2-pound charge on the front of a sheet of plywood in a cardboard container. Also affix a dozen or more identical containers with nothing in them. We could take turns shooting until someone picks the lucky target. Just an idea.

But we need to come up with fun ways to set off Tannerite while it's in FRONT of the object to be destroyed, not under, behind, or inside. The explosive wavefront needs to move all debris away from the firing line, not toward it, up or sideways.
    We've taken some chances and had some close calls in the past, with cars. I have no data but with a maximum of 20lb Tannerite charge, I can't image plywood flying 50, much less 100 yards. I think with what we are contemplating for this meet, you may be to conservative. JMO

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    We've taken some chances and had some close calls in the past, with cars. I have no data but with a maximum of 20lb Tannerite charge, I can't image plywood flying 50, much less 100 yards. I think with what we are contemplating for this meet, you may be to conservative. JMO
    And you may very well be right. I'll sleep/think on it. I'm down on IQ points at the moment.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas

I was only thinking little one pound charges. Just enough to punch a little hole in the plywood.

But yes, we do need to keep debrit and safety in mind.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sakorey
    Top Bottom