• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    Yeah, I know, and it really hurts to buy locally due to the prices that have to sell them for. I'm sure many new gun owners go to someplace like Academy, Bass Pro, or Dick's without ever concidering the little gu stores in their own neighborhoods, and that's why there are so damn few of them left. Without the little guys, we'd hacve to wait weeks for even the simplest of gunsmithing services at the big outlet stores.

I call the local gun stores before I head to the chains. But sometimes...man...I have a hard time believing they care about my wallet with their gouging. .380 ammo for starters...
    DK Firearms

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Yeah, I know, and it really hurts to buy locally due to the prices that have to sell them for.
    There's a local gun store near me that stays pretty competitive with Academy and even online sales. They are pretty much the only gun store in town I do business with. If they can do it, others can too. I'm not trying to give you grief. Just saying you shouldn't feel the need to support local business when they aren't being competitive.

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    Changed the flash suppressor to a Vortex G6A2, swapped out the MOE buttstock for a CTR buttstock, and installed the ASAP for the MS2 sling.

Problem encountered - the ASAP won't let me close the buttstock up all the way because the loop that hangs off the ASAP is too wide. This means I have to use the buttsock 1 click out from fully closed. I wonder what Magpul would have to say about that...

Anyway, I still want to change the rear sight to a Troy or something similar, but I think that's all I really want to do with it. I'd like to be able to afford an ACOG, but I simply can't afford something that pricey right now.

I was going to camo at least the furniture, but now I'm not sure I want to. While it looks cool, it doesn't seem to want to wear so well, and I start to feel kinda like a ricer with more money than brains who's bought all kinds of flashy crap for his Nissan, but ends up with a monstrosity that everyone laughs at behind his back. :)

My wife asked me why I'd want to do it, and I had to remind her - AGAIN - that it's all in preparation for the upcoming revolution. :)

Top Bottom