• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Shoulda coulda woulda, but that officer almost lost his life because of the .45acp>All mentality.

And that leads my healthy respect for the profession. Several of my best friends put their lives on the line for us - every day.

Having been shot at I know my first reaction is to flee, my next reaction is to regroup under cover, and I know my final reaction is to attempt to handle the problem. This was WDC, so diving into the car window to escape was my best option. And I will admit that the criminal act of arming myself and returning was dumb - but being shot at made me a little angry and angry made me bulletproof. Thankfully, the street where it happened was completely empty when I returned full of stupid - only time I ever saw tumbleweeds rolling down the street.

25 years passed before I figured I had enough self control to carry and make good decisions.

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    I should type faster - I passing time hoping the brown truck stops by and waiting on a legal opinion so I can gey back to work. Oh, I forgot - I'm do'n laundry too.

This is entertaining.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I should type faster - I passing time hoping the brown truck stops by and waiting on a legal opinion so I can gey back to work. Oh, I forgot - I'm do'n laundry too.

This is entertaining.

Your gun sucks.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Freak'n brilliant. But ... I like chrome.

Well then...

tumblr_mf754ixmg21rubnq0o1_1280.jpg

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Ok, I gotta get off this roller coaster.

A couple of y'all may find this entertaining (I do), so I will share.

We've been talking 1911, mag capacity, stopping power with special emphasis on how pussified .40 short and weak is.

So, when I finally left the house to walk my dog, the 1911-faux 6+1 was strapped to my hip. I could carry 7+1, but I traded off the extended mag since it placed plastic in comtact with my hand ... effectively making a nice pistol feel cheap. Strangely, I felt safe - maybe it was the 80 pound pit walking at my side - dunno. I'm go'n out again without him, so we will see.

Then, I broke down and checked on an STI I ordered January 30. When I ordered, I expected a two week wait ... tops 'cause I ordered from the shop that scooped the pistols STI produced for Shot. My Duty One 5" was supposed to be one of these pistols. When the shop got the delivery, there wasn't a Duty One in the mix. I let'm hold yhe deposit and asked'm to get me the 5" bushing model with the afjustable target rear sight. And set about trying to forget about it till June. So, a few minutes ago I decided I could suffer the last few weeks and start check'n every 15 minutes. Damned if my account didn't read "ready to ship." I think I floated to the phone to confirm since I haven't heard a peep from the shop hold'n my money since February when I got news of the delay. Ring Ring. Howdy this ismDrwd call'n from Texas ... can you check on order xxxxx? Did you get an email? No, but I just logged into my account and it says "ready to ship."

Lemme check for you. Wow lots of notes on that order. Yeah, I was second in line after shot and you were to call when that Shot order came in somI could pick, but it worked out a little different so I had you order what I wanted. Well, we haven't seen any .45 yet, but we "had" som 9s. And, we got some .40s in this morn'n. I ask "bushing?". Yes, but they have the target adj rear sights. I didn't blink. Had'm toll a fiber optic front in the box and adked them to ship it Tuesday.

Y'all prolly ruined my brand new pistol - mad face.

Now for yhe truth. I had yhe .45 on order as told. Since Jan, I have decided I need a .40 in my collection and I knew it should be an STI since yhey do 1911 in .40 better than anybody, and I'd considered swapping my order around again. Just happens they had the exact .40 I wanted in hand and I don't haveta buy a plastic gun to play with .40.

So I have almost a complete flavor collection - all 1911 (22lr, 22TCM, 9mm, 40 short&weak, 10mm, .45 and it's a stretch, but the trigger is all 1911 on the .460 Rowland). What's left? Well,I think the plastic Colt Mastang .380 is sexy as plastic pistols go, and I need me a Coonan too

Top Bottom