• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Word on the street is Trump is planning to run as an independent.

Regardless of party affiliation, Trump's running is a very Bad Thing for us. No question he'll siphon critical votes away from only the R candidate (DeSantis or ?), which only benefits the leftists.

This is a case where I think the DNC would be wise to ensure that Trump gets plenty of money to keep his campaign running. I don't see a good solution for us.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Derp.

I am hoping more and more that he winds up rail roaded by Biden's DOJ. It'd light the fire under the base like nothing else AND get him out of DeSantis' way.

They've been trying since his inauguration, and as the election gets closer they become more and more desperate to keep him from running no matter what. Our best case scenario is that they do some ill-advised raid, slam him in jail, and put him in front of a kangaroo court on vague felony charges they can't prove but desperately wish were true (rather like the two impeachments and the ridiculous January 6th committe) and actually succeed in tanking his eligibility for the election.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Haven't read the whole thread, have been out of pocket. A few observations.

What happened to the red wave? The polls/pundits usually underestimate the Republican results.

Part of the problem is Trump. He only batted about .500 with his hand picked candidates. That hurt. This may be twice that he cost us the Senate.

Looks like at the state level we did pretty well? Or have I missed something? Was hoping for some flips in South Texas, but they did not occur.

I have not yet found out much about turnout. R down and D up?

Hilarious that O'Rourke has spend something like $75M and lost all his campaigns. He may have trouble fund raising next time around.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Our best case scenario is that they do some ill-advised raid, slam him in jail, and put him in front of a kangaroo court on vague felony charges they can't prove but desperately wish were true (rather like the two impeachments and the ridiculous January 6th committe) and actually succeed in tanking his eligibility for the election.

For better or worse, even convicted felons can run for President. There is no way a court can prevent Trump from running for President.

Our only real hope is that Trump voluntarily decides not to waste 100 million of his own money on a losing campaign. If you were about to be convicted by a kangaroo court, wouldn't you think it advantageous to occupy the Oval Office? You could potentially pardon yourself of all federal crimes. which probably sounds a lot better than federal prison.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Trumpf need to STFU and throw his support onto the next gen.
    His time has passed.

“We’re going to win so much, that you’re going to get sick and tired of winning.”
    -DJT

4th straight election where Trump/Trump backed candidates lost more than won. 2018 midterms, 2020, 2021 GA runoff, 2022 midterms.

ETA: counting was off, corrected.

Last edited:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    “We’re going to win so much, that you’re going to get sick and tired of winning.”
    -DJT

5th straight election where Trump/Trump backed candidates lost more than won. 2018 midterms, 2020, 2021 GA runoff, 2022 midterms.
    Hard to win when you play with cheaters...

Trump remains perhaps the elected person who best represented my views. Cruz is a close second, but for all the third-party voting because folks don't like one tiny aspect of some candidate then to toss aside the one person who ACTUALLY represented their views is boggling to my mind. Trump's influence and aggressive appointment of federal judges is going to be felt for the rest of my lifetime.

I will grant you DeSantis may be an equally good candidate, perhaps better, but he remains UNPROVEN at the Federal level. Kicking Trump to the curb for the next thing when the issue is cheating and not the Republican candidates, then thinking it will some how change something is just plain stupid.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

Brojon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Trumpf need to STFU and throw his support onto the next gen.
    His time has passed.
    Yes. I think Trump was a good president FWIW - he's the only one in recent memory that actually tried to fulfill his election promises.
    However he's a perfect example of how you can be good but ineffectual.
    His abrasive and pugnacious personality puts a huge "kick me" sign on his back and the Dems are ready to oblige. He spent 4 years in an extended street brawl with some of the stupidest people on the planet - Strzok, Schiff-for brains and that fat little toad Nadler.
    Honestly at this point he's just playing to his ego. Like when DeSantis was re-elected his comment was "I got more votes".
    If he wants to be effective and genuinely cares about the US (I think he does) he'll let DeSantis run and win then he can be an advisor.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Derp.

I am hoping more and more that he winds up rail roaded by Biden's DOJ. It'd light the fire under the base like nothing else AND get him out of DeSantis' way.
    They would do the same thing to Desantis, and any other candidate who won’t play along, which basically means any candidate worth a shit. How many people have been railroaded by the DOJ so far for falsifying information that led to a lengthy multi million dollar investigation into Russian collusion that never happened?

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    They would do the same thing to Desantis, and any other candidate who won’t play along, which basically means any candidate worth a shit. How many people have been railroaded by the DOJ so far for falsifying information that led to a lengthy multi million dollar investigation into Russian collusion that never happened?
    Oh, the collusion definitely happened. It's how the "Steele Dossier" came into being in the first place. Never forget that the Clinton campaign, through intermediaries, knowingly colluded with the Russian intelligence apparatus to create that document full of lies, innuendos and straight-up fiction...and then used it to illegally persecute a Presidential candidate who later was legitimately elected President.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Kicking Trump to the curb for the next thing when the issue is cheating and not the Republican candidates,

I don't think it's one or the other, but both. I think there certainly was some "cheating" but it is also true that Trump is his own worst enemy - he is a crappy candidate now, because he mobilizes the left against him so zealously, and because he disgusts many moderate voters with his personality flaws.

Time for DeSantis, if Trump will give us a chance.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Hard to win when you play with cheaters...

Trump remains perhaps the elected person who best represented my views. Cruz is a close second, but for all the third-party voting because folks don't like one tiny aspect of some candidate then to toss aside the one person who ACTUALLY represented their views is boggling to my mind. Trump's influence and aggressive appointment of federal judges is going to be felt for the rest of my lifetime.

I will grant you DeSantis may be an equally good candidate, perhaps better, but he remains UNPROVEN at the Federal level. Kicking Trump to the curb for the next thing when the issue is cheating and not the Republican candidates, then thinking it will some how change something is just plain stupid.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk
    Cheating has always happened. The candidate has to be strong enough to overcome the cheating. Trump was not and is not strong enough in this respect.

His hand picked candidates failed miserably and he may well have cost us the senate again.

His administration had great accomplishments. But it is past time for Trump to fade away.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    And the Dems dumping multimillion dollars into the Trump backed candidates campaigns hurt as well. They were doing their best to ensure the weakest candidates won the primary.

Top Bottom