• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    And I'm pretty OK with voting for him to do just that. Possibly with the exception of DeSantis (assuming there is actually some beef) who on his list of names shouldn't be fucked over? Mitch? Mit? Murkowski?

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk
    Pragmatism.

Those 3 will self correct, i.e. die some day.
    ARJ Defense ad

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Brandon is already appealing to SCOTUS to make his commands law.
    And Starbucks labor is picketing on red cup day! S.B. is supported by preachers and libs. Gonna tick them off - but you might get a good sermon that weekend. :beat:

Last edited:

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I caught a very little of her speech yesterday, I think I heard her say she is still going to represent the people of San Francisco. That's all she is going to worry about? Oh yeah and herself.

Me

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2021
    Austin
    Brandon is already appealing to SCOTUS to make his commands law.
    And Starbucks labor is picketing on red cup day! S.B. is supported by preachers and libs. Gonna tick them off - but you might get a good sermon that weekend. :beat:

SCOTUS review likely won't go the way he'd like.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Also - if the incumbent was so great at her job, and campaigned well - how did a literal kid barely old enough to run for office with zero experience relating to the job duties who did no campaigning beat her - if the people were happy with her? Maybe there's more to it than an uneducated voter base? Maybe she was shit at her job, maybe she is a shitty person who has alienated enough people, or maybe she's never run with opposition before (or recently, anyway) and the people are just sick of incumbents in general? In any case - elected positions are not appointments for life, the office holder is not entitled to re-election, and voting has consequences. Hays County is about to find that out come January.

The answer is the massive influx of Californians and other liberals out to Hays County. It's close to Austin, so every lib who's tired of all the homeless people camping on the sidewalks and crime that liberal policies have fostered can move out there and still be 45 minutes from work. And yeah, it's apparently a lot of Californians - there's a freaking housing development outside Dripping Springs called "CaliTerra" FFS. Who do you think that's meant to appeal to?

The longtime residents are being outnumbered by liberal transplants and it's started heavily affecting the local political landscape. Kyle, Buda, Dripping Springs and Wimberley especially are becoming Austin Lite. As much as I hated having to give up the land and house my parents built, I'm kind of glad to have no personal stake in Hays County other than old friends who live there and have to put up with the current shit that's seeping in.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    The answer is the massive influx of Californians and other liberals out to Hays County. It's close to Austin, so every lib who's tired of all the homeless people camping on the sidewalks and crime that liberal policies have fostered can move out there and still be 45 minutes from work. And yeah, it's apparently a lot of Californians - there's a freaking housing development outside Dripping Springs called "CaliTerra" FFS. Who do you think that's meant to appeal to?

The longtime residents are being outnumbered by liberal transplants and it's started heavily affecting the local political landscape. Kyle, Buda, Dripping Springs and Wimberley especially are becoming Austin Lite. As much as I hated having to give up the land and house my parents built, I'm kind of glad to have no personal stake in Hays County other than old friends who live there and have to put up with the current shit that's seeping in.

Damn. The same thing was happeneing to the county I was raised in. When I've caught news blurbs about it, its damn near unrecognizeable. I figure that during the next election cycle, the long time sheriff will either elect to retire (and probably move) or wind up voted out. His last time running he faced a liberal democrat underling of his who ran for office. He won, but I think the margin was close enough that more libs moving in + some good ol' voter fraud will oust him. He was the only solidly red member of county government - he'd opposed and professed not to enforce prior 2A infringements and was as tough on crime as he could be in a county with a liberal DA.

I've only been to Buda so far on the short list of places you mentioned - it seemed like a nice quiet small town, but if the blues have taken it, it'll probably turn to shit soon, if it hasn't already.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    The answer is the massive influx of Californians and other liberals out to Hays County. It's close to Austin, so every lib who's tired of all the homeless people camping on the sidewalks and crime that liberal policies have fostered can move out there and still be 45 minutes from work.
    True story. We moved here just as it was turning and have been getting a lot less "Texas" than what we were hoping for.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I've only been to Buda so far on the short list of places you mentioned - it seemed like a nice quiet small town, but if the blues have taken it, it'll probably turn to shit soon, if it hasn't already.
    I take a small amount of solace that Carrie Isaac (R) won her race to cancel out Erin "Runaway" Zweiner's looney votes in the Texas House. Small wins around here but something.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

Buda has changed a LOT in the last 20 years. It's not going to get better with all the leftists continuing to infest it.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    There are important government jobs that should be held by people with skill and not the whims of the electorate. Hays county is going to find that to be the truth.

Top Bottom