Venture Surplus ad

Does this semi-auto 10mm pistol configuration exist?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    Got to have something to complain about. Can't find it and don't want one made to his wants, oh well do without.
    Gun Zone Deals

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Learn how to shoot and won't need more than a single stack...

Ducking and running

I like a large grip so having a double stack pistol guarantees me to not worry about having a small single stack grip. The extra rounds in a double stack are a nice bonus also.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    In two different places they call this DA.
    I suppose it must be capable of SA as well.

I got a confirmation from EAA that it is both DA and SA so other then the 4.5 inch barrel it matches everything else that I am looking for.

Also Wolff Gun Springs has all the springs needed for this pistol so I can change out the stock 16# hammer spring for a smoother 13# one and get replacement recoil springs as needed since they will need to be replaced about every 4000 rounds depending on how hot the 10mm ammo used is. I always check for a reliable long term source for springs before I purchase any firearm.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Helps him not find what he wants.

LOL. My friend, from the beginning I have had focused and specific requirements on the pistol I am searching for. I am not keen on dropping those requirements to find a quick "solution". Perhaps a 4.5 inch barrel may be acceptable however its not optimal for what I want. I will have to evaluate if this will be an acceptable concession. In any case I do appreciate any suggestions and constructive comments from anyone. ;)

Last edited:

ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    LOL. My friend, from the beginning I have had focused and specific requirements on the pistol I am searching for. I am not keen on dropping those requirements to find a quick "solution". Perhaps a 4.5 inch barrel may be acceptable however its not optimal for what I want. I will have to evaluate if this will be an acceptable concession. In any case I do appreciate any suggestions and constructive comments from anyone. ;)

If I was dead set on what I wanted and could not find it as I want it I would go the extra mile and have something close modified to meet my wants. Why spend that much money and still not have what you want is all I'm saying. Make a one of a kind and be happy.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    If I was dead set on what I wanted and could not find it as I want it I would go the extra mile and have something close modified to meet my wants. Why spend that much money and still not have what you want is all I'm saying. Make a one of a kind and be happy.

Building a custom pistol is a huge cost and brings up other potential long term concerns so I am not going to go down that route.

Actually it looks like the EAA pistols are fairly modular so I may possibly be able to acquire a 6 inch 10mm slide from one of the other EAA pistols and use it on the 10mm DA frame that uses double stack magazines. I am looking into this possible arrangement now.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    1. Steel slide AND steel frame.
    2. Double stack magazine.
    3. Double + Single action.
    4. 5 to 6 inch barrel. (closer to or at 6 inches is preferred)
    I found a gun that fits your needs almost exactly. The Grand Power P40

Steel slide and frame
    14 round double stack mag
    DA/SA
    4.25" barrel

You are going to have to make SOME compromise, and 0.75" of barrel is probably the smallest compromise you could make out of your requirements. What you want does not exist from what I could see. Especially a 6" version.

I'm sure you can have a custom gun made for an outrageous price though.

94b715fa73c66b5c04442160f3d59071.jpg

228bf11cd70a2018b308f79cdf078cfc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 94b715fa73c66b5c04442160f3d59071.jpg
      94b715fa73c66b5c04442160f3d59071.jpg
      51.7 KB · Views: 192
    • 228bf11cd70a2018b308f79cdf078cfc.jpg
      228bf11cd70a2018b308f79cdf078cfc.jpg
      38.9 KB · Views: 172
    Last edited:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Good luck.

Sounds like EA and Sig are your closest options with minimum customization to fit all your requirements.

Luckily I like Glocks so the choice would be simple for me.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I never saw what your intended use would be.

Do you own or have you fired a 10mm pistol?

I am curious to that as I bought into the 10mm craze years ago and was sorely disappointed. It's not the big boomer it is touted to be by the 10mm fanbois.

And yes I handloaded full power ammo.

It just isn't the Magnum round in a pistol platform that they want you to believe.

I'd just hate to see you spend a lot of time and money to get exactly what you want and end up disappointed like I was.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I am curious to that as I bought into the 10mm craze years ago and was sorely disappointed. It's not the big boomer it is touted to be by the 10mm fanbois.

And yes I handloaded full power ammo.

It just isn't the Magnum round in a pistol platform that they want you to believe.

I'd just hate to see you spend a lot of time and money to get exactly what you want and end up disappointed like I was.

Depends on what type of magnum you're talking about. I see the fanboys tout it as being like a 41 magnum, and I guess that's true if you're downloading 41 magnum. It doesn't come near full power 41 mag. It DOES pretty much match and in a lot of cases beat 357 Mag though. I feel that is a more realistic comparison. My 3" 357 mag is getting about 1300 FPS with a 125gr bullet. 10mm can do that with an 180gr bullet and a full power load.

I was surprised how soft shooting the 10mm was. My mother who is not much of a pistol shooter liked it, even with full powered loads. It kind of makes me wonder what kind of baby handed agents the FBI was hiring in the 80s.

I too, am curious what the OP intends to do with this unicorn of a gun. A 6" steel framed double stack 10mm is going to be heavy as hell, and not that great for carry. For hunting and range use, a double stack mag is not a necessity (it arguably isn't for self defense too). The barrel isn't going to do much for power either. Going from a 4" to a 6" barrel is only going to give you about 100 FPS in most cases.

10mm.jpg

Attachments

• 10mm.jpg
      10mm.jpg
      102.4 KB · Views: 235

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX

range, home protection, OC

Yes I have fired and previously owned a 10mm pistol.

Someone said:
    Why the hell do you want a pistol like that?

Put simply I like double action, all metal, long slide, double stacked magazined pistols! :p

Last edited:
    Top Bottom