Does this semi-auto 10mm pistol configuration exist?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    Just save your pennies and have one built like you want, it's only money, problem solved.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Why DA/SA?

I very much prefer the DA/SA arrangement over SA only. I recently sold my SA pistols (1911 & Hi-Power) as I was not liking them at all. I now only buy DA/SA. I might buy a striker fired pistol in the future if I can find one that is built to my preferences which I have yet to find. The new Walther PPQ steel frame pistol may possibly be my first one.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Just save your pennies and have one built like you want, it's only money, problem solved.

Having a custom pistol built was not quite the route I was wanting to take as I was hoping there would be an existing model that is a solid design available out there somewhere which matches what I am looking for. I will continue to keep an eye out for whats available.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. If anyone knows of anything else out there that may work out please let me know.

ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    Having a custom pistol built was not quite the route I was wanting to take as I was hoping there would be an existing model that is a solid design available out there somewhere which matches what I am looking for. I will continue to keep an eye out for whats available.

Sure sounds like that is what your looking for though or the only way to get it. Enjoy the wait, it could be a long one.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    It really drives me nuts about this because for whatever reason the DA 10mm pistols seem to have single stack magazines and/or have a barrel under 5 inches and some of the SA 10mm pistols come with double stack magazines with 5 to 6 inch barrels.

I do not understand how nearly every firearms company seems to have avoided the configuration that I am searching for. :mad:

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    I guess he doesn't want that pistol that bad.

Well as soon as some manufacturer decides to make a 10mm that matches what I am looking for I will look into purchasing it but I really don't want a SA pistol or one that has a barrel less than 5 inches.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Thats frustrating for sure. The S&W 1006 might get you the closest to what you are looking for at this point.

Surprised Sig hasn't made a 10mm P227 yet

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    I gave the S&W 1006 serious consideration for a while but I decided against it.

I am not a big fan of Sig pistols but if they did make one that matched what I was seeking I would give it strong consideration.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I gave the S&W 1006 serious consideration for a while but I decided against it.

I am not a big fan of Sig pistols but if they did make one that matched what I was seeking I would give it strong consideration.

I cant blame you for that. Outside of the P938, not a big fan.

Did you decide against the 1006 because its single stack? or something else?

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    I cant blame you for that. Outside of the P938, not a big fan.

Did you decide against the 1006 because its single stack? or something else?

Yes, the primary reason was the single stack magazine. The build of the 1006 is fantastic but that damn single stack magazine. Personally I find single stack magazines to be an obsolete standard. It was fine many years ago but not so much now in my opinion.

I know many of you love your 1911's so no hate from me on that. :D

Top Bottom