Lynx Defense

Do you now regret your vote for John Cornyn??? Get ready to!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Heart of Texas
    Senator Cornyn is selling us out!

Maybe others here like me were notified last Thursday by the NAGR that John Cornyn is co-sponsoring along with fellow RINO Lindsey Graham, legislation that the Abomination couldn't be more pleased about: "Expanded Background Checks."

We all know that Cornyn gave no support to Ted Cruz's fillibuster against the Abomination's last irresponsible budget. Further, Cornyn voted for the budget's passage then lied to Texans in saying that Abomination Care could be dealt with by continuing resolutions in the senate. RINO LIES and make no mistake, John Cornyn is a RINO on the order of John McCain, Lindsey Graham. Chris Christie or "Fat Bastard" as I refer to him along with Michael Bloomberg. Not one RINO has taken up any continuing resolution against Abomination Care in the senate, and they never had a plan to do so.

What this legislation will do is furnish the mental health records of hundreds of thousands of Texans to the national database along with those of millions of other Americans where the feds will be able to decide that they should lose their second amendment rights. On top of that, over a hundred thousand veterans who not long ago were carrying fully automatic assault rifles in defense of their country here, Iraq and Afghanistan will lose their gun rights because of treatment for post traumatic stress disorder. If the legislation is enacted, guess how many people will be seeking treatment for ANY mental health issue knowing that they'll lose their gun rights and that doctors will be required to turn informants by Abomination care. See where this is going???

What's the uglest aspect of all of this??? John Cornyn is a former justice and now wants to overlook our constitutional rights to DUE PROCESS. This is another case of the SYSTEM fails and gun owners must be punished. When a felon commits a gun crime, we need to take guns out of society! Works for Chicago RIGHT???

Of course, felons lose their rights of gun ownership. BUT, so do those who have been adjudicated MENTALLY INCOMPETENT! Neither the Sandy Hook, nor the Denver Theatre shooter had ever been adjudicated even while being a known threat to society by the physicians treating them. Therefore, the whack job in the Denver theatre shooting purchased his guns "legally." Rather than carry out constitutional due process in requiring people who are a danger to society to be adjudicated as such, it's just so much easier to throw millions under the bus without due process. When a psychiatrist is treating a patient that he knows to be a danger to society, it is that physicians duty to put such a patient into the lagal system in order for them to be judged competent or incompetent. Simply because the system is not working the way it is supposed to, we'll just take one more step closer to a NATIONAL GUN REGISTRY because that IS the goal. The democommies plan to outlaw as many legal gun owners as they can and move right to all-out registry. CONFISCATION can't take place without a NATIONAL REGISTRY.

Anyone who's been treated for a mental health issue where our democommie government will decide its severity is going into a database unless each and every one of us acts NOW. I've already written to Senator Cruz, my US Congressman Mike Conaway and asked them to fight. I asked senator Cornyn directly for his resignation. I've asked Texas Senator Troy Fraser and Congressman Jim Keffer to start preceedings for Cornyn's recall. We thought we elected a republican. What we've got is just another RINO aligned with the democommies who believe our lives should be micromanaged by the state!

PLEASE TAKE ACTION NOW!!!
    Venture Surplus ad

KiloKilo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2013
    Thanks for posting this 57K. I am also a member of the NAGR and receive daily e-mails from Dudley Brown and his staff. In my opinion (humble), the NAGR is at the forefront of helping protect our 2A rights, far more than the NRA. As you have so very well stated, The Graham-Cornyn Mental Health and Criminal Justice Reform Act is just another attack on law abiding citizens and just another step toward gun registration and the liberal "gun grabbers" to get what they really want...........GUN CONFISCATION ! If we don't join the fray and help spread the word on these and other RINOs, there is a very great possibility our 2A rights will no longer exist !!

God Bless America and The Constitution of the United States of America !!

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Also, the fact is that folks who are adjudged to have mental illness should not be allowed to purchase, possess, use firearms. The way to make the NICS system work as it should is to have each state ensure that the appropriate information is entered into the system so that when NICS checks are run, they will stop an inappropriate purchase at point of sale. This isn't about expanding background checks--it's about making background checks that are run be more effective. I agree completely that this is a huge issue when/if folks seek counseling and/or psychiatric care but are not adjudged before a court of law to be mentally ill. There is a happy medium in here somewhere and allowing the Adam Lanzas and Dylan Klebolds of the world access to purchasing firearms is not way.

BTW, Cornyn is on record as being against expanding background checks.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    please refresh my memory... Which guns did Adam Lanza or Dylan Klebold buy?

I didn't say that they did. I know full-well that Klebold feloniously purchased his in a straw purchase made by and then from a friend. In Lanza's case, he feloniously stole them from his mother who had lawfully purchased and kept them. I never stated otherwise. What I was stating was that both of those individuals were either at the margins of mentally ill or actually mentally ill and a proper system should be in place that would not allow them to purchase if they tried. Most states are currently struggling with the issue of how much mental health information should be made available into the NICS system in order to protect the integrity of the NICS system and also balancing that with not being overly intrusive and preventing folks who should be able to purchase and possess from doing so.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    A lot of states have opted to not allow private purchase/sale/transfer of any firearms without having a dealer involved and a NICS check being performed. I don't EVER want to see Texas cow down to that and if having truly mentally ill persons' names be entered into the system to prevent them purchasing at a dealer will help stop the creep of gun control, then I'm for it.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Re: A look at police some have seem to forgotten...

I miss Paul Harvey

So you want to creep up the gun control to stop the gun control creep. Sounds creepy.
    Cornyn votes one way when its just for show and votes democrat when it counts.

profound thinking about stuff

BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County
    LOL, and who is gonna say who's crazy? Some people believe there was a virgin birth. Some people think that they are gonna be Gods and spend eternity having celestial sex with their wives populating a planet with spirit children. Some people think that marriage should be between a man and a woman. What's going to be deemed crazy? Slippery slope my friends, it's a slippery slope.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    So you want to creep up the gun control to stop the gun control creep. Sounds creepy.
    Cornyn votes one way when its just for show and votes democrat when it counts.

profound thinking about stuff
    negative--I want the NICS system to work as it should so that gun control doesn't creep up. Including truly mentally ill names on the NICS system is not even questionable. It's what the law already requires; however, ever since the closing and defunding of thousands of mental health establishments in this country over the last twenty to thirty years, we've got a lot of folks out walking the streets that used to be committed in loony bins. Now they're "adjusted" and released. Those folks are NOT the "law-abiding citizens" that should be having the ability to lie on a 4473 and purchase a weapon. Their names should be in the NICS system. The folks that should NOT be in the system are folks that are merely seeking counseling and trying to deal with problems--such as the returning vets and others who are not adjudged to be mentally ill. Those folks should not be thwarted from buying/possessing weapons. Creep up on that, Paul.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    where I quibble with the bill that Cornyn is reputed to be preparing to introduce is that it cuts too deep in which names to include into the system. Persons adjudged mentally defective NEED to be in there, but a lot of other folks seeking help should not be. I think this will come to light during debate and I'd like to read the actual bill once it gets brought forward.

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    Cornyn is just playing the political game. Republicans introduce a bill to address gun violence, can deflect attacks by Democrats in hotly contested areas about how they don't care about stopping gun violence. It shows more than anything that Cornyn is openly an establishment RINO.

gcarrillo004

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    Atascocita, Texas
    Cornyn is way passed his expiration date, when you cannot tell the difference between him and McCain...its TTGTFO! I wish Lisa Fritsch would have ran against him in stead of running for Gov.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    We should outlaw murder and be done with it. I'm sick and tired of people being murdered.

There should also be a law that forces people to follow the law.

There problem solved.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Cornyn did mention a gun bill he was working on during an interview with Texas Monthly.
    Posted a link to that interview about a week or so back when we were talking about this.

Top Bottom