• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Karl, I owe you one. I will get some use out of this holster.
    If tomorrow brings unhappiness to the alien in my waist band I will let you know. Very nice today however.

You're most welcome.
    Don't owe me a thing ... just paying it forward.
    Absolutely tickled that it works for you ...

... and surprised as hell I actually found that bag of bolts/spacers.
    Your lost and found karma's a damned sight better than mine. LOL
    Gun Zone Deals

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My Alien Gear holster is great. I went with the Cloak Tuck 3.0 about a year ago, and it has held up and performed amazingly well. It's comfortable even when sitting for long periods, it's durable, it makes my gun disappear under even light clothing, and the retention is adjustable and very nice. Believe it or not, I rolled a car 3 times doing about 60, and the gun never came loose. Yeah, not the best way to test retention...

I carry a Bersa Thunder Pro UC in 9mm BTW. Not a huge gun, but still a little bulky.

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    My Alien Gear holster is great. I went with the Cloak Tuck 3.0 about a year ago, and it has held up and performed amazingly well. It's comfortable even when sitting for long periods, it's durable, it makes my gun disappear under even light clothing, and the retention is adjustable and very nice. Believe it or not, I rolled a car 3 times doing about 60, and the gun never came loose. Yeah, not the best way to test retention...

I carry a Bersa Thunder Pro UC in 9mm BTW. Not a huge gun, but still a little bulky.
    You can't mention rolling a car 3 times while doing 60 and not tell us the full story

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You can't mention rolling a car 3 times while doing 60 and not tell us the full story

Oh boy, that was a fun night.

Here's what happened. It happened back in February and was around 6:00-6:30 pm on Friday night. I was headed home from college going down a two lane highway between Quitman and Sulphur Springs. The opposite lane was completely full of cars with their headlights on and no one was in front of me, so it was pretty hard to see. That prevented me from seeing the big ass doe that was standing in the middle of the road until the last second.

Now with my car, hitting a deer going 60 is a bad idea. It's a 2002 Ford Focus, and the way it's designed would basically sweep the legs of the deer out from under it and send it straight through the windshield. So pretty much the only option I had was to try to miss it. Luckily I did that on pure instinct because I literally had no time to think. I jerked the wheel to the right, the car turned sideways, hit grass, and began rolling down an embankment. It's hard to tell when your being violently thrown around inside a car, but it had to of flipped at least 3 times. It came to a rest upside down just before the fence line.

So I'm there handing upside down. It's pretty much pitch black and there's glass everywhere. My glasses are gone, my phone is gone, and I was so disoriented I had no idea which way I needed to go to get out. I didn't even know where the ignition was. My only thought was to get the hell out before it caught fire. I got out of the seat belt, and found where the driver side window used to be. It was gone, so I crawled out through it.

By this point, people were stopping. Somebody was already coming down the embankment by the time I crawled out of the car. I really couldn't really stand, so I just kind of stumbled to the embankment and sat there staring at the car. Sitting there staring at something that could have easily killed you really puts things into perspective. I had a huge knot right on the edge of my left eye socket. I still have a small, tender knot there. I also had a lot of cuts on my hands and knees, but other than that I was fine.

The first responder to show up was an officer that had just gotten off duty. The paramedics showed up probably 5 minutes later. About that point, I realized I was carrying and that the gun was still in the holster. I was going to the hospital and I couldn't take it with me, so EMS just had me give it to a firefighter, who cleared it for me (Hands were pretty damn shaky after the crash, so felt it was safer for them to do it) and gave it to an officer. They held it at the police station and let me pick it up after I was released from the hospital.

My phone and my glasses were gone (they eventually found both), so I borrowed a phone from one of the people who stopped, let my family know what happened and where I was going, and I got in the ambulance. After a bunch of x rays, they decided I was fine, and I was cleared to go home. Had a hell of a black eye for a couple weeks, but God was with me that night. The car was beyond totaled. All the windows were smashed, the roof was caved in, and the front passenger side wheel was almost torn off the car.

Oh, and I missed that doe.

3ea6ea942d2a87c245d882595da1191b.jpg

7a882ca9ffeb051379a328b8f8f4dcd2.jpg

b965985a63fb367c5328cd7aaf73659d.jpg

Last edited:

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    Oh boy, that was a fun night.

Here's what happened. It happened back in February and was around 6:00-6:30 pm on Friday night. I was headed home from college going down a two lane highway between Quitman and Sulphur Springs. The opposite lane was completely full of cars with their headlights on and no one was in front of me, so it was pretty hard to see. That prevented me from seeing the big ass doe that was standing in the middle of the road until the last second.

Now with my car, hitting a deer going 60 is a bad idea. It's a 2002 Ford Focus, and the way it's designed would basically sweep the legs of the deer out from under it and send it straight through the windshield. So pretty much the only option I had was to try to miss it. Luckily I did that on pure instinct because I literally had no time to think. I jerked the wheel to the right, the car turned sideways, hit grass, and began rolling down an embankment. It's hard to tell when your being violently thrown around inside a car, but it had to of flipped at least 3 times. It came to a rest upside down just before the fence line.

So I'm there handing upside down. It's pretty much pitch black and there's glass everywhere. My glasses are gone, my phone is gone, and I was so disoriented I had no idea which way I needed to go to get out. I didn't even know where the ignition was. My only thought was to get the hell out before it caught fire. I got out of the seat belt, and found where the driver side window used to be. It was gone, so I crawled out through it.

By this point, people were stopping. Somebody was already coming down the embankment by the time I crawled out of the car. I really couldn't really stand, so I just kind of stumbled to the embankment and sat there staring at the car. Sitting there staring at something that could have easily killed you really puts things into perspective. I had a huge knot right on the edge of my left eye socket. I still have a small, tender knot there. I also had a lot of cuts on my hands and knees, but other than that I was fine.

The first responder to show up was an officer that had just gotten off duty. The paramedics showed up probably 5 minutes later. About that point, I realized I was carrying and that the gun was still in the holster. I was going to the hospital and I couldn't take it with me, so EMS just had me give it to a firefighter, who cleared it for me (Hands were pretty damn shaky after the crash, so felt it was safer for them to do it) and gave it to an officer. They held it at the police station and let me pick it up after I was released from the hospital.

My phone and my glasses were gone (they eventually found both), so I borrowed a phone from one of the people who stopped, let my family know what happened and where I was going, and I got in the ambulance. After a bunch of x rays, they decided I was fine, and I was cleared to go home. Had a hell of a black eye for a couple weeks, but God was with me that night. The car was beyond totaled. All the windows were smashed, the roof was caved in, and the front passenger side wheel was almost torn off the car.

Oh, and I missed that doe.

3ea6ea942d2a87c245d882595da1191b.jpg

7a882ca9ffeb051379a328b8f8f4dcd2.jpg

b965985a63fb367c5328cd7aaf73659d.jpg
    I've installed 2 deer whistles on my front license plates for fear of exactly this scenario. Glad you weren't seriously hurt though.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    so I got the ivory holsters in, started a new thread. Cliff notes: they rock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    I think I made a post in this thread a while back after purchasing the AG iwb 3.0. I've being wearing one daily with multiple different guns ranging from p320sc, glock 19, xds, sw shield, and the hk p30sk. I bought their subcompact and micro sized leather base and 5 different shells. It's been fairly comfortable. Obviously depends on the gun too, a p320 or any thicker gun for that matter won't be as comfy as a slimmer one. But overall I think it was worth the money spent. I carry at the recommended 4:30 position. Fast draw and not much unexpected trouble other than having to press down hard on the screws to swap shells.

I also bought their gun belt, which didn't disappoint me either. The belt is unfoldable width wise, and holds up my guns just fine. Although carrying iwb, hard to say if owb will have the same experience.

Last edited:

Dave68

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2014
    NW Houston
    I like my Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 Hybrid IWB holster. It conceals well at 4:00, it's as comfortable as any other holster I have for my Ruger American Compact, and it retains well. I had to loosen the retention screws a bit when I first got it (It was so tight that holstering the pistol would push it out of battery) but since then it's been perfect for my big build.

Did you install the longer screws and larger spacers? I did and the retention still seems too tight with my Ruger American compact. It looks like the take down lever is pushing against the holster backing which is making for the tight fit.

Texan-in-Training

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
    Did you install the longer screws and larger spacers? I did and the retention still seems too tight with my Ruger American compact. It looks like the take down lever is pushing against the holster backing which is making for the tight fit.
    I had the same problem with my Shield. AG ended up sending me a "hand pressed" shell. The "vacuum molded" shell captured the gun at the trigger guard, and wouldn't let go. Works great with the new shell.

Gmofftarki

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2008

I'm using whichever screws came on the thing, and it works relatively well and those screws haven't yet fallen out. The screws leading to the beltloops are a different story in that regard, but that's happened with the MTAC as well, so I feel hard-pressed to blame that on Alien Gear's pricepoint, and am more inclined to call that a pitfall of all adjustable holsters.

McClintock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2015
    I've bought two from alien gear, I like them but the multi-month delay is ridiculous . There are two many competitors that make the identical product and can get it to your door within a week.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    McClintock;1612488 said:
    I've bought two from alien gear, I like them but the multi-month delay is ridiculous . There are two many competitors that make the identical product and can get it to your door within a week.

I bought 2 holsters recently and got them within 4 days. They may have fixed their production demand issues, or I got lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    i know I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but my all-kydex IWB is ridiculously comfortable. I wear it probably 5-6 days a week for 6-12 hours straight, including a lot of driving.
    It has a Raven Concealment wing that tucks it in tight.

The OWB is super comfortable as well, curved to contour the body, and uses quick clips to slip on/off the belt, but need to be manipulated off so they don't just pull off.

www.ivoryholsters.com

Sent from my SIG Sauer

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    rman;1612527 said:
    i know I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but my all-kydex IWB is ridiculously comfortable. I wear it probably 5-6 days a week for 6-12 hours straight, including a lot of driving.
    It has a Raven Concealment wing that tucks it in tight.

The OWB is super comfortable as well, curved to contour the body, and uses quick clips to slip on/off the belt, but need to be manipulated off so they don't just pull off.

www.ivoryholsters.com

Sent from my SIG Sauer
    ill buy one for my p30sk and give it a try. I feel like comfortability is really 95% up to the gun you carry lol. A IWB holster isn't gonna make a gun slimmer.

Top Bottom