• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    If you want to give it a whirl, let me know. It's yours if you like it.

Thanks, was just jesting about the jester you were jousting with/responding to.
    Now that it's been thoroughly de-snarked, I may have a taker for mine ... ;)
    DK Firearms

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    Yeah, I was bought an alien gear iwb,owb, and mag holster. I hate the iwb because it's big and uncomfortable. The owb holster is huge. The mag holder is also huge and flimsy. I occasionally use the owb for when I'm working in the yard just to make myself feel better about being duped. Originally they sent the wrong shell with my holster. They did send me the correct one after I returned the wrong one. This process took me over the 30 day mark and they wouldn't take back the holsters. They would take back the 1 shell they sent.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

It cost YOU the shipping to send it back even if it's THEIR fault it's wrong and it's just DAYS after you got it.

I knew I hated their stuff with in 30 minutes of the mail man dropping it at the house.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    IWB Gripe #37

Neoprene backing untucks my wifebeater (yeah I still call it that).
    I can actually be sitting still and it will actively start pulling my wifebeater out of my pants, up over the holster, leaving the grip digging up my skin.

Amazing feat, it's like a living material.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Gmofftarki

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2008
    I like my Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 Hybrid IWB holster. It conceals well at 4:00, it's as comfortable as any other holster I have for my Ruger American Compact, and it retains well. I had to loosen the retention screws a bit when I first got it (It was so tight that holstering the pistol would push it out of battery) but since then it's been perfect for my big build.

Professor Badger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2016
    I have two Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 Hybrid IWB holsters. One for a PPK/s and the other for a Para P14 45. I like them at 4:00. My para fits with the edge of the butt just at my spine and the grip is flat against my back. I can commute comfortably 1 hour and 1/2 each way like that. 3:00 is impossible to do with it. I also had to loosen the retention screws. I put the longer ones in.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I'm working out a deal right now with Ivory Holsters for IWB and OWB holsters for my P320. Still a couple weeks out. He's also got a blemished XDs OWB for me with the Canadian Maple Leaf In just gonna wrap a layer of vinyl over it.

I'll be supplying him with a ton of logo decals and a handful of hoodies with his company logo.

The IWB he's going to make me is going to be pretty slick. Low profile with a tuckable clip, and a "concealment wing" which is basically an offset clip that pushes against your belt, pushing the gun/grip into your body a little more.

cad480943f226211aae5371f147979d0.jpg

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I rather like my Alien Gear IWB...that I wear at 3 o'clock...in pants I didn't have to buy any sizes too large. Yeah it's got a wide back piece, but it works well for me.

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    My LTC is print pending.

I just spent 120 bucks on their site for a p320 subcompact and a glock 19 cloak 3.0 iwb holster, as well as an alien gear gun belt. Hopefully I will like it, they seem to have high reviews generally.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    My LTC is print pending.

I just spent 120 bucks on their site for a p320 subcompact and a glock 19 cloak 3.0 iwb holster, as well as an alien gear gun belt. Hopefully I will like it, they seem to have high reviews generally.

that's what threw me off. Their reviews are good, ratings are high

But if you do more digging, more people dislike them than like them. Hopefully it works out for you. I have an old N82 for my XDs that I love, and I have high hopes with the design of the Ivory Holsters

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    that's what threw me off. Their reviews are good, ratings are high

But if you do more digging, more people dislike them than like them. Hopefully it works out for you. I have an old N82 for my XDs that I love, and I have high hopes with the design of the Ivory Holsters

I honestly just did some google digging. Reddit, youtube, forums... they seem to be generally liked. Could you link me to to the places where people say they don't like the IWB holster they have?

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    they had like a press release video or something and everyone was commenting, over half was negative. then a handful of guys in this thread with similar experiences as I do.

everyone is different... different bodies, different clothes, different comforts. I like 3:00 and the mod cloak isn't conducive to that. The shell is extremely wide and rigid.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    My LTC is print pending.

I think part of it is there are people like me and expect to buy a few holsters that I dislike before I find one that fits. I didn't give them a ad review online because I don't think it's a bad product. I just don't like it. Then some people are too lazy to write a bad review. They just want to forget it happened and move on.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I think part of it is there are people like me and expect to buy a few holsters that I dislike before I find one that fits. I didn't give them a ad review online because I don't think it's a bad product. I just don't like it. Then some people are too lazy to write a bad review. They just want to forget it happened and move on.

i can't wait to forget it happened.

I still cry in the shower

gungooroo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    I love the p320 series ( bought my second, a p320 rx today) but they are bulky without bringing a holster into the equation lol . I have an alien gear iwb for the glock 43 that works excellent. I think alien gear items are excellent but they can't perform miracles when it comes to the size of the weapon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    I love the p320 series ( bought my second, a p320 rx today) but they are bulky without bringing a holster into the equation lol . I have an alien gear iwb for the glock 43 that works excellent. I think alien gear items are excellent but they can't perform miracles when it comes to the size of the weapon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think glock 43 is small enough to be pocket carried. I bought a desantis nemesis pocket holster for mine. If I'm IWB or OWB carrying, I prefer something a little bigger that holds a bit more rounds.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    nah, the shells are wide regardless. I have it for my XDs as well and it's no different. I can the XDs in the N82 at 3:00 just fine, and that's a fairly large holster. in fact, i don't believe it's designed for 3:00 either.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I think the main issue is Alien Gear makes their system too versatile, basically a one size fits all by swapping the shell. So the same thing fits inside your pants for a PM9 as a 1911.

I use one of these with my Shield, and it works remarkably well:

rvbN2ly.png

ndeZZor.png

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    My thanks to Karltac
    Been wearing my new AG Hybrid holster for, well, all of today.
    At first it was way too big for me to think it could hide.
    Then I got it mounted and the gun in. Then I adjusted it 4 times which requires one to drop your jeans each time.
    After a few hours the size became less of a factor. Thought it needed adjusting to hold the J Frame tighter, but it holds it tight to me so its not going to fall out. I am thinking this evening I'll adjust the cant just a notch forward. Its resting now at about 4:15 on my waist and if nature calls it will move to 4:30.
    All in all its way better than I was prepared for after reading this thread. The shell is thicker, but we are talking micro measurements, and the stiffness is a good thing. Better than my Fobus OWB. Also this one fits the Charter arms undercover as well as the J Frames.
    Karl, I owe you one. I will get some use out of this holster.
    If tomorrow brings unhappiness to the alien in my waist band I will let you know. Very nice today however.

Top Bottom