• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    DFW
    IMG_7116.JPG

Love the flames shooting out of the muzzle brake on this one. Definitely not a flash hider (CA-Evil feature) there! Can't recall this guy's name, it was really noisy there. I've got to get some of those electronic ears. (I had 29dB earplugs under 31dB cans, couldn't hear ----!)

This one is me, thanks again for letting me put some rounds downrange. I really think you have a good thing going for the guys in CA stuck with all those crazy gun laws. Boy am I thankful I live in Texas!

It was good to meet everyone else that I spoke/shot with. Big thanks to you all, I had a great time and will definitely be back for the next one.
    Target Sports

Exile Machine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Dallas Texas
    Cool pictures. Thanks for letting me and my son try your contraption out. You dont have to worry about covering our faces, its all cool.

Thanks for the response. I'll keep the OPSEC bars there, too much trouble to change 'em back. Lotsa crazies out there on the net, better safe than sorry.

Thanks for letting me shoot your GSG-5. Have seen them online but never shot one. Also enjoyed the red dot / holographic scope. Likewise, seen 'em on the net and never tried one. I've got to get one of those, it just reminded me of the terminator. Amazing futuristic technology...

Managed to get the CA-legal AR sighted in finally. It's probably not perfect but at least now the shots are hitting the paper kind of in the middle of the target and not just going under the target...

junkyguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had a great time right up till the rifle range experience, plenty of friendly folks there I dodn't meet everyone but those whom i did meet were very nioce and friendly, I didn't get out to much to meet everyone ,my fault I keep to myself for the most part till i get to know someone.
    but it was a good time I burned up a bunch of ammo which is always good now to go clean the guns and put them away.

txgolfer45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Dallas
    I had a great time right up till the rifle range experience, plenty of friendly folks there I dodn't meet everyone but those whom i did meet were very nioce and friendly, I didn't get out to much to meet everyone ,my fault I keep to myself for the most part till i get to know someone.
    but it was a good time I burned up a bunch of ammo which is always good now to go clean the guns and put them away.

Junkyguns,

I think I was right next to you on the rifle range. I was sighting in a bolt action 30-06 rifle. Were you trying to get an AR-15 on paper? The range officer was very helpful for me. We did the 50 yd on paper thing and then I was good to go on the 100 yd target. Give them a second chance. They have been quite helpful for me personally and for the group in general.

Txgolfer45

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Had another great time. Got to meet a lot of the Dallas regulars I missed last time from Jason, Monica, Rob, some new guys, and the regulars. Was definitely worth the time. My family and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

If you haven't made it to one of the meets, you're missing out on a great time and meeting some of Texas' friendliest people.

Here are a few shots from today:

Unknown (to me) lady, Tex High Cal, DCortez, RiggerGreg, HKBoy

DSCN2126.jpg

DSCN2130.jpg

HighCap & others

DSCN2133.jpg

DSCN2131.jpg

Couple of love struck teenagers

DSCN2132.jpg

DSCN2124.jpg

DSCN2148.jpg

DSCN2153.jpg

DSCN2173.jpg

DSCN2135.jpg

DSCN2137.jpg

DSCN2175.gif

DSCN2176.jpg

DSCN2177.jpg

DSCN2179.jpg

junkyguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Junkyguns,

I think I was right next to you on the rifle range. I was sighting in a bolt action 30-06 rifle. Were you trying to get an AR-15 on paper? The range officer was very helpful for me. We did the 50 yd on paper thing and then I was good to go on the 100 yd target. Give them a second chance. They have been quite helpful for me personally and for the group in general.

Txgolfer45

the thing that pissed me off was that we asked the r.g. for the 50yd range and he said there wasn't one for rifles then turned around and tells me to go to the 50yd till i get it on paper geeez make up his mind allready, that is what i wanted in the first place i have a non magnified red dot on my ar.... go figure .... I don't know about giving them a second chance for rifle range anyway ..the giys atthe other end were terific one of them was a bit robotic but wasn't rude . I have allready sent the owner an email concerning the jack ass on the rifle range.
    had the guy come and said hey do you think a few shots on the 50 yd range would help get it on paper ,it would have been cool , his words were if you cant hit the paper , you cant shoot here ! that was what set me off. i mean why do i take a rofle to a range .... to get it dialed in . I guess nexttime if there is a next time I will bring one of my other rifles and a postage stamp for a target !

hell who knows maybe I just was having a bad day ,and i just didn't know it !

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I told him and all he had on him was $0.50. As I'm not a scrooge, I took the $0.50 and gave him the first number ... at least that's what I told him, lol.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    DCortez, thanks for the pics! I was backing out of the driveway when I realized I hadn't packed my camera.

BTW, your wife rocks. We didn't get to chat for long but if I wasn't driving today we'd have probably had a few big beers

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Great time for sure. With a little coaching from Shorts and Army1911, Paula's got that 1911 .45 down pretty good and now she doesn't want to shoot the .22 anymore...

junkyguns, sorry you had a bad experience with the RO. All I can say is the 10 - 15 times I've been there the RO's have been nothing but very cordial, helpful and accommodating. I've not shot down at the long rang rifle range, so maybe there are some A-holes down there.

A few random picutes

2--opm.gif

3--opm.gif

4--opm.gif

5--opm.gif

6--opm.gif

7--opm.gif

8--opm.gif

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Great time for sure. With a little coaching from Shorts and Army1911, Paula's got that 1911 .45 down pretty good and now she doesn't want to shoot the .22 anymore...

I saw Paula's target today, she has really improved since the first time I met you two. I was really impressed. She used to be all over the place with placement, but now she is becoming a really good shooter. She also appears more comfortable and confident with the guns. Good for her!

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I saw Paula's target today, she has really improved since the first time I met you two. I was really impressed. She used to be all over the place with placement, but now she is becoming a really good shooter. She also appears more comfortable and confident with the guns. Good for her!

Thanks King. I forgot to mention all of the help you offered as well. That was great, and Paula appreciated that. Sometimes it's better when someone other than the spouse instructs. ;)

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Hey all, just got home and unloaded the truck. Thank you to all the members that showed up today! But I think we really need to get moving on the t-shirts...I wasn't sure who was in our group or not. And maybe some name tags so us old folks can try to remember ya'lls names! I know I asked some of ya'll about the San antonio shoot at the end of Jan. so spread the word, maybe some of the DFW group can load up together to make the trip more cost effective... MG

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    A car pool would be fun.

We talked about taking a trip down to SA to goof off and catch a Spurs game (GO SPURS!). So, we wanted to do something that month for sure.

I need to find out when drill weekend is though.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I can probably get us a free place to stay & practice shooting if we wanna bed in Uvalde.

I don't know. Unpaved rocky roads, 4x4s, loaded guns carried openly, big bbq pit, lots of acres, a few miles from town, coolers of beer, walking around at all hours of the morning with flashlights and rifles...sounds absolutely tiring ....but count me in.

Top Bottom