6a00d8341c60fd53ef0134855b8bbc970c-800wi.jpg
      22.4 KB · Views: 174

Antares

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    Seabrook, TX
    My God last nights debate shows one thing they really hate us Americans, they love illegals, lgbt and all the other radicals. Want no private health care and just let the goobermint run it all, and also cover all illegals, and open the borders, ban all guns, allow babies to be killed in the third trimester and even after birth, reparations for lgbt and blacks, think climate change is caused by us and cow farts.

Give illegals welfare, healthcare, right to vote and better help and care than we give our veterans, 70% tax rates for wealthy, kill the 2nd amendment, kill oil man we are truly one election away from becoming a total banana republic. Hopefully we can stop this train wreck next year. Pray for the USA.

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    My opinion, Joe ain't gonna last thru the primary. Kamala will be the front runner and hey black and a woman is a 2fer for the mentally insane party.
    Yep, they all hate the Republic. The problem is so do about 40% of the voters.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    ER.

To me, even back she wasn't a declared lesbian, she looked very, very masculine.

I have to wonder if she's an 'inter-sexual'?

Intra?

Whatever those folks are called who sadly get a bad hand when in utero.....so they enter the world with scrambled circuits or worse.....

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    ER.

To me, even back she wasn't a declared lesbian, she looked very, very masculine.

Intra?

Whatever those folks are called who sadly get a bad hand when in utero.....so they enter the world with scrambled circuits or worse.....
    Of course knowing who and what she is today would certainly impact my impressions of her, but even today I really wouldn't mistaken her for a man. As far as her younger picture goes without knowing who she is, someone could tell me she's a conservative christian gal and I wouldn't dispute it.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring

Intra?
    While it doesn't apply to Rachel Maddow, the word you're looking for is intersex. It's the word now used instead of hermaphrodite.

Side note -

To be clear, I don't mind if people have decided that old words are now offensive. The language changes. As long as that change is normal evolution over time, it's fine. I have problems with forced evolution of weird, made-up words that no one understands except the people who defined them as a way to take offense.

I have yet to decide if "intersex" is an organic outgrowth of English evolution or something else. The word has been around as a replacement for hermaphrodite for some 60 years but it's recently gotten a big push. IOW, the etymology is confusing to me and I haven't formed a solid opinion.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    While it doesn't apply to Rachel Maddow, the word you're looking for is intersex. It's the word now used instead of hermaphrodite.

Side note -

To be clear, I don't mind if people have decided that old words are now offensive. The language changes. As long as that change is normal evolution over time, it's fine. I have problems with forced evolution of weird, made-up words that no one understands except the people who defined them as a way to take offense.

I have yet to decide if "intersex" is an organic outgrowth of English evolution or something else. The word has been around as a replacement for hermaphrodite for some 60 years but it's recently gotten a big push. IOW, the etymology is confusing to me and I haven't formed a solid opinion.
    Hermaphrodite sounds odd in today’s world in that it is too medical or legal sounding with its Latin roots. Intersex just sounds PC. It’s also easier to pronounce which gives it even more viability.

It’s only organic outgrowth is the perception of the word and the shunning of anything that may offend, like hermaphrodite. IMO.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Intersex just sounds PC.
    Yeah, it does. But academics were advocating it be used to replace hermaphrodite as far back as the 1940s. Can something that old be considered a dismissable bit of modern PC nonsense?

Like many things, it leaves my old ears confused.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    For most my life I had heard the term "hermaphrodite", but never thought of it as offensive word. It was usually parents having surgery done on the baby. Jamie Lee Curtis is said to be one of the more famous persons to be born like that, and I can't talk for everyone, but I found her very attractive when I was younger.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    For most my life I had heard the term "hermaphrodite", but never thought of it as offensive word. It was usually parents having surgery done on the baby. Jamie Lee Curtis is said to be one of the more famous persons to be born like that, and I can't talk for everyone, but I found her very attractive when I was younger.
    She was kinda hot in True Lies but that was a long time ago.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Yeah, it does. But academics were advocating it be used to replace hermaphrodite as far back as the 1940s. Can something that old be considered a dismissable bit of modern PC nonsense?

Like many things, it leaves my old ears confused.
    Did not know that.

I’m saying it sounds PC to us now as that is how we think of “new” terms when traditional ones work just as well. Any idea what the reasoning behind the change was then? If so, does that seem like the true reason or just a facade for something else?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    My opinion, Joe ain't gonna last thru the primary. Kamala will be the front runner and hey black and a woman is a 2fer for the mentally insane party.
    Yep, they all hate the Republic. The problem is so do about 40% of the voters.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The polls I've seen show that the majority of Dems want the party to become more moderate so I don't think the number of people who hate the republic is nearly that high. I think it was something like 60% thing the Dem party has gone too far to the left. We just have politicians more interested in pandering to twitter than the public and the nature of the primaries puts the extreme at the fore front. They're all liars anyways except maybe Bernie and Yeng.

I was thinking yesterday what it would be like if everyone could vote in both primaries and what effect it would have on the candidates. Not saying it's a good idea, it would just be interesting to see them having to win over both sides to get a nomination for their party. Hell, even if the non party votes counted half it would be interesting.

Top Bottom