• ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I bet all or most police RCVs have self detonate functions built into them
    The FEDS have had these units with all sorts of toys like shot guns and cameras for over 20 years already

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    I still don't understand why body armor is so intimidating. I mean they do still have complete legs unprotected. A shot to the legs or groin is very effective and a large target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Police are taught to shoot center of mass. Majority of them have difficulty doing so under normal conditions due to inadequate actual training and re-training. Armor means that a poorly trained officer now needs to be able to hit smaller more mobile body parts while under GREAT stress. Any normal person would find that intimidating.

99taws6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2015
    I understand all the reasons why they are trained to shoot center mass but don't understand why when that fails you don't shoot lower or an available target. Maybe the army taught me to think outside of a standard box. Sad

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    People react very differently under stress. Do you think you would remember to shoot their legs within a split second of noticing they have armor on?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    obama is trying to calm people down by making comparisons between this guy and the guy that shot up a black church in South Carolina saying one bad guy doesn't mean, well anything. He didn't come out and say that after South Carolina! No... the whole Confederacy was demonized. Fucker!

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    The shooter's sister put this on facebook.

2v2weme.jpg
    I can't wait for her to get pulled over for a broken taillight.....

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Her fear should be of getting shot by a black criminal, not the police. Statistics are hugely favor of the former.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yep.

Especially if you aren't fighting with them or committing a felony.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    I understand all the reasons why they are trained to shoot center mass but don't understand why when that fails you don't shoot lower or an available target. Maybe the army taught me to think outside of a standard box. Sad

As little time as the Army (general 11B MOS) spends on marksmanship; it's a lifetime more than most LEO get. Back when I was young and they were busy chiseling wheels out of stones the academy spent around 40 hrs on firearms. Hope that has been changed for the better, but I'm not holding my breath. Many departments have little to no continuing firearms training, just your yearly qualifications. Most LEO are then left to fend for themselves wrt additional training. I make a decent check and my budget is limited for formal classes. I can't imagine what a LEO salary can spring for.

In general LEO are NOT trained gun fighters. To expect them to be able to think clearly under great stress is unrealistic. If you want them to be able to think clearly under fire and make good tactical decisions you first need to train them that way. Unfortunately that's to UNPC for today's society. You see racial sensitivity and all tha BS is more important.

Top Bottom