DK Firearms

2024 NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits will take place at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Dallas, TX on May 17-19, 2024

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    07d9a40d091fe5f67555b45949fed319.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Target Sports

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Read more at NRA Convention website.

The Annual Meeting of Members provides members with the opportunity to elect the 76th Director to the NRA Board. If you are 18 years of age, a U.S. citizen and a fully paid NRA member by March 29, 2024, you have the right to vote for the 76th Director in conjunction with the Annual Meeting of Members.

Candidates for the 76th Director are those individuals who were on the most recent mail ballot, but who failed to be elected.

Please stop by the Voter Verification Room where qualifying NRA members can obtain their ballot to vote for the 76th Director. Confirmed voting members will also receive their voting credentials which will allow them to vote on matters that are presented on the floor of the Annual Meeting of Members.

Hours:

Thursday, May 16, 2pm-6pm

Friday, May 17, 8am – 6pm

Saturday, May 18, 8am- 4pm or the adjournment of the Annual Meeting Of Members (whichever is later)

Attachments

• 780x439.jpg
      780x439.jpg
      201.3 KB · Views: 18
    Last edited:

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Read more at NRA Convention website.

The Annual Meeting of Members provides members with the opportunity to elect the 76th Director to the NRA Board. If you are 18 years of age, a U.S. citizen and a fully paid NRA member by March 29, 2024, you have the right to vote for the 76th Director in conjunction with the Annual Meeting of Members.

Candidates for the 76th Director are those individuals who were on the most recent mail ballot, but who failed to be elected.

Please stop by the Voter Verification Room where qualifying NRA members can obtain their ballot to vote for the 76th Director. Confirmed voting members will also receive their voting credentials which will allow them to vote on matters that are presented on the floor of the Annual Meeting of Members.

Hours:

Thursday, May 16, 2pm-6pm

Friday, May 17, 8am – 6pm

Saturday, May 18, 8am- 4pm or the adjournment of the Annual Meeting Of Members (whichever is later)

OK, question for self or better someone who has voted at annual meeting for director to NRA board. It seems I need to get verified as eligible NRA voter during above hours. My plan is arrive Sat early to get verified and then attend annual members meeting after which [I guess] election of board members takes place..

D0ntTr3@d0nM3

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2024
    Richmond, TX
    This sounds like fun. Sad to say I didn’t renew my nra membership years back when it expired. Is this a members only. I’ll have to look into getting it back. I may check this event out this weekend.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    This sounds like fun. Sad to say I didn’t renew my nra membership years back when it expired. Is this a members only. I’ll have to look into getting it back. I may check this event out this weekend.

As they say; 'Come on down'. Jump in the waters fine. You can rejoin when you arrive. They will accept your membership and then you are in for free.

Local news says about 70,000+ expect. President Trump speaking on Sat afternoon so that will help attendance.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    The advertisement they are running on WBAP says free for current NRA members. 10 bucks at the door for non NRA members, and that includes a free NRA membership. For that reason, I will not be attending. I will not be a member of any organization I find repugnant.

D0ntTr3@d0nM3

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2024
    Richmond, TX
    The advertisement they are running on WBAP says free for current NRA members. 10 bucks at the door for non NRA members, and that includes a free NRA membership. For that reason, I will not be attending. I will not be a member of any organization I find repugnant.
    What don’t you like about them?

Eastexasrick

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    What don’t you like about them?

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas

I’m not going to support the NRA, I’m going to support the exhibitors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    My old bones could only take 2 days of walking around the exhibits. It was a tremendous amount of fun. I did see Ted signing autographs, but I didn't join the line. I was talking to a Sig rep in their booth when I looked over and saw Jerry Miculek wearing a S&W hat and talking to someone while looking over a rifle. I asked the rep, "You let that old fellow hang around here with a Smith hat?" The rep replied, "He's earned the right to hang out anywhere with any hat." Other than Ted and Jerry, and Sig master shooter Max Michel, I didn't see many celebrities this year. I did meet a guy who worked on the atomic bombs dropped on Japan. (He was in the planning group and didn't fly.)

• A guy from Serbia was marketing a VERY nicely designed annealer for reloading brass. Under $300, solid metal, great features, and comes with all the bushings to fit .50 BMG to .223. The version that fit everything but the .50 was about $250.
    • ATN was getting glowing reviews and selling a lot of night vision stuff.
    • Found out there's a company just down the road from me making incredible 1911's.
    • Colt has added some new revolvers: Kodiak, Grizzly, and Viper. Turns out that CZ has decided that Colt was a great asset and is totally supporting their revolver business. I totally fell in love with the Viper, a light framed .357.
    • Talked to a Ruger rep at lunch one day. Asked him about how Marlin was working out. He told me that it was fantastic. Marlin had great designs and people, just horrible management. With Ruger management, they can't keep up with demand, especially for 45-70.
    • Half of China was there selling a thousand versions of flashlights.
    • Staccato had a huge and very crowded booth. Back when they were STI, they didn't go to the NRA convention. Lessons learned, I guess.
    • The only depressing talk I had - and it was TOTALLY DEPRESSING - was with Hodgdon Powders. They confirmed that there is a world-wide shortage of nitrocellulose (the main ingredient in smokeless powders), that almost all of it comes from China, that NOBODY is willing to add any production to improve the situation, and that the current wars going on around the planet are sucking up huge amounts of powder. Hodgdon has only been able to survive by changing the way they purchased powder. They basically have to buy enough to fill a ship. That results in some powders being available, but not others, and it swings back and forth. Nitroglycerin is also an issue, so double base powders are going to be tough to find. On May 12, Alliant Powders announced they are stopping all civilian sales.
    • The people at Berry's Bullets and at Dillon are awesome. They're always a lot of fun to visit and they just love what they do. Good companies are hard to find these days.

Eastexasrick

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    My old bones could only take 2 days of walking around the exhibits. It was a tremendous amount of fun. I did see Ted signing autographs, but I didn't join the line. I was talking to a Sig rep in their booth when I looked over and saw Jerry Miculek wearing a S&W hat and talking to someone while looking over a rifle. I asked the rep, "You let that old fellow hang around here with a Smith hat?" The rep replied, "He's earned the right to hang out anywhere with any hat." Other than Ted and Jerry, and Sig master shooter Max Michel, I didn't see many celebrities this year. I did meet a guy who worked on the atomic bombs dropped on Japan. (He was in the planning group and didn't fly.)

• A guy from Serbia was marketing a VERY nicely designed annealer for reloading brass. Under $300, solid metal, great features, and comes with all the bushings to fit .50 BMG to .223. The version that fit everything but the .50 was about $250.
    • ATN was getting glowing reviews and selling a lot of night vision stuff.
    • Found out there's a company just down the road from me making incredible 1911's.
    • Colt has added some new revolvers: Kodiak, Grizzly, and Viper. Turns out that CZ has decided that Colt was a great asset and is totally supporting their revolver business. I totally fell in love with the Viper, a light framed .357.
    • Talked to a Ruger rep at lunch one day. Asked him about how Marlin was working out. He told me that it was fantastic. Marlin had great designs and people, just horrible management. With Ruger management, they can't keep up with demand, especially for 45-70.
    • Half of China was there selling a thousand versions of flashlights.
    • Staccato had a huge and very crowded booth. Back when they were STI, they didn't go to the NRA convention. Lessons learned, I guess.
    • The only depressing talk I had - and it was TOTALLY DEPRESSING - was with Hodgdon Powders. They confirmed that there is a world-wide shortage of nitrocellulose (the main ingredient in smokeless powders), that almost all of it comes from China, that NOBODY is willing to add any production to improve the situation, and that the current wars going on around the planet are sucking up huge amounts of powder. Hodgdon has only been able to survive by changing the way they purchased powder. They basically have to buy enough to fill a ship. That results in some powders being available, but not others, and it swings back and forth. Nitroglycerin is also an issue, so double base powders are going to be tough to find. On May 12, Alliant Powders announced they are stopping all civilian sales.
    • The people at Berry's Bullets and at Dillon are awesome. They're always a lot of fun to visit and they just love what they do. Good companies are hard to find these days.
    Thanks for the excellent write up. You answered several pressing questions, and walked us through the crowd.

Top Bottom