• ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Have a regular customer who bought a Ruger Black Hawk NIB. He came in to shoot it, Has a problem with the revolver. We look at it for him and it has a manufacturing defect. Tell him the easiest and best way is for him to call Ruger and they will take care of him. He doesn't have the time. He doesn't feel comfortable shipping a gun. He doesn't know how to tell them what's wrong.....

Okay, we'll take care of it. Call Ruger. Caller # 70 in queue.......15 minutes later, explain the problem. Person thinks we don't know what we are talking about, goes through the procedures he is seeing on the screen that tell him possible problems. Finally decides we need to send the revolver in. Takes email address, serial number and info. Will send us an email with preprinted FedEx shipping label.

2 days later, no email.

Now weekend, wait till Monday....

Call Ruger. Good news only customer 54 in queue. Wait about 15 minutes. Explain the whole thing over again to another person who said they found the RMA notes, but wanted to go through the "is it really needing repair" or are we idiots trying to send back a gun that isn't really in need of repair screens and solutions she is also reading on her computer. She decides, yes we need to send the revolver back. She confirms the email address.

3 days later......no email. Now 1 week before Christmas and we are busy as hell.....

I decide to wait until after the Holidays....

Monday, I will call Ruger, yet again and try to get the gun shipped out. Our local UPS/FedEx pick up place will not accept firearms. Yes, I know UPS and FedEx deliver guns every day, but they do not own the local business and the local business doesn't have insurance that will cover firearms, so they won't accept them. So I will have to drive to Corpus to FedEx and drop it of there around 100 + or - miles round trip.

It is not as simple or as easy some believe...

.........and He did not purchase the gun from us.....

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Extra entries in the A and D log means more chances for mistakes the ATF will crawl up your ass about. The Wally in Round Rock had a ton of mislogged firearms at one time.
    The one on 35 and 1325? I worked that department in 01-02. There were existing issues then!

If we even handle the shipping for the customer after they get an RMA, it has to be logged in and out each time.
    So what?

But I know Wally World won't even let us contact the manufacturer for the customer anymore. Haven't for about 9 years. And yeah, if the web site says one thing and the store says another, I would want to talk to someone higher up.
    And they can suffer from a Dceptive Trade Practices suit as well..

Eli

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread.......

Really weird problem actually. It's a .30 carbine model and the extraction rod does not align with the cylinder to extract (push the empty shells out the cylinder). It (rides) sits so close to the barrel it doesn't even come close to matching the holes in the cylinder.

Really weird...... I did a very crude drawing describing the problem...it contacts the inside of the all the chamber holes of the cylinder to the inside of them when rotating the cylinder.

80-cylinder_08ea2f69fc4dbb2e6eaa9d9a8dafe92e240865c9.jpg

Last edited:

Reaper277

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    FWIW, I live in Forney and have not personally bought anything from CYA, but I know many who have and do on a regular basis, all agree that as long as they don't have to deal with her they like CYA.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    .........It is not as simple or as easy some believe...

.........and He did not purchase the gun from us.....

But that's why he's a regular customer and will likely continue to be. Which is kind of the point of the original rant. If you're going to repeatedly spend money on something, it's nice to know the folks you're spending the money with will be there to help you if you need it.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Chalk it up as tactical training for your future dealings with government provided healthcare.

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    I can see the point of the op.

I have purchased lemons in the past , however the dealer did all the customer service stuff for me. I never had to speak to the manufacturer.

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    I once bought a bolt action Savage, got it home and noticed the stock had a long crack in it. Went back to the store an hour later and had a new gun a few minutes later no questions asked.

The ATF book excuse is a crappy one...

Had they given me an issue I would have called the manufacture and just took them off my list of places to spend my money at.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Everyone that thinks the FFL should do everything has never had the pleasure of being one or any type of business owner for that matter. Customer service aside, expecting a business to do something for you when they have no obligation to sounds a lot like the 43% that expect the other half to support them.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    None of that applies to a manufacturer's defect unles the seller knew of the defect in advance and failed to disclose it or lied about it.

from an idgit coffeeholic

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    The only good time was when Kim and Sony where there. Went to shit after. The male managers were actively trying to make it fail so she would. If you remember me, I was the fix it guy with the beard. I heard and saw things most did not. Really went to shit after Kim left and dayton came in. Most of the managers there at the time couldn't manage a lemonade stand. Kind of miss the store, but I was glad to leave.

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    None of that applies to a manufacturer's defect unles the seller knew of the defect in advance and failed to disclose it or lied about it.

"merchantability" - if it is a camera it should take pictures, computers compute, guns shoot... otherwise they fail this test and the seller has responsibility under TX law

the triple damages + legal fees are what give it teeth

Top Bottom