• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    According to OP, she manages the store. If true, that would warrant a "BEWARE!!!" in my book.
    Military Camp

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    According to OP, she manages the store. If true, that would warrant a "BEWARE!!!" in my book.

1)
    Not arguing that point. If the reason people join the forum is to air dirty laundry, then TGT will be an extension of Facebook. None of us want that, do we? There are plenty of trolls and pot stirrers already.

2)
    We certainly have the "facts" from a pissed off customer. Before passing judgement, though, it'd be nice to have the other version of the story.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    My question. Did you know their policy before you purchased gun? If the answer is yes, then you are 100% the cause of you customer service situation. I wouldn't be to happy to deal with you either because it sounds like you felt entitled to a new gun from them.

If you didn't know their policy prior, then that's a different story that is subject to further review.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    My first impression of the post was one of "I knew of the policy ahead of the purchase, but I expected, nay demanded, they make an exception just for me when something was to my dissatisfaction." The Wal-Mart mentality. Instant gratification. I'm special. Further backed up by the whole ranting on the Internet about how it was someone else's fault and how someone else should take care of the problem. We all know some shops will break policy, but there's reasons they do it - and those reasons are rarely because the customer went in slinging demands (which is what it seems like in this case). Without knowing both sides of the story, maybe Valerie was fed up with a problem customer and had already resigned to sticking to policy. Maybe Paul handled the situation with kid gloves, because he feared OP was going to lose it and start shooting up the joint. Who knows, I wasn't there. Maybe it all went down exactly like he said, and his friend Caleb really did quit (but didn't tell OP?), Valerie really is a jerk, and Paul is just the nicest guy whose hands are tied. Tone is a tough thing to really get from a post, but this one came across as a bit of an entitled, spoiled brat to me.

... but I've been wrong before too. *shrug*

00ChevyScott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Arlington, TX
    My first impression of the post was one of "I knew of the policy ahead of the purchase, but I expected, nay demanded, they make an exception just for me when something was to my dissatisfaction." The Wal-Mart mentality. Instant gratification. I'm special. Further backed up by the whole ranting on the Internet about how it was someone else's fault and how someone else should take care of the problem. We all know some shops will break policy, but there's reasons they do it - and those reasons are rarely because the customer went in slinging demands (which is what it seems like in this case). Without knowing both sides of the story, maybe Valerie was fed up with a problem customer and had already resigned to sticking to policy. Maybe Paul handled the situation with kid gloves, because he feared OP was going to lose it and start shooting up the joint. Who knows, I wasn't there. Maybe it all went down exactly like he said, and his friend Caleb really did quit (but didn't tell OP?), Valerie really is a jerk, and Paul is just the nicest guy whose hands are tied. Tone is a tough thing to really get from a post, but this one came across as a bit of an entitled, spoiled brat to me.

... but I've been wrong before too. *shrug*

I can see shops not wanting to "warranty" items that break from usage, which in most cases should be forwarded to the manufacturer to take care of. However, a product that is defective straight out of the box, within the same day, I feel that the retailer is responsible at that point. If they had a replacement, they should have given it to him and taken care of the situation.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don't know if any shops that will do that with a new gun. Used maybe but not new.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Not much time, I am at lunch on my phone.
    There are several reasons most places won't take a gun back. Mostly legal. Walmart won't even let us help you get warranty service anymore.

Sent by a idjit coffeeholic

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Not much time, I am at lunch on my phone.
    There are several reasons most places won't take a gun back. Mostly legal. Walmart won't even let us help you get warranty service anymore.

Sent by a idjit coffeeholic

So why bother buying at a retail store any more? Just go and fondle what they have and then buy it at Bud's. If a customer has to do all of the work and the and has to deal with people like Valerie then I'm not leaving the house.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You already left the house to fondle it at the store, and you'll leave again to pick it up from the FFL.

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    Have the laws changed in Texas since I left in 2001 ?

At that time there was no such thing as an "all sales final policy" on any consumer transaction done in a store, signs posted or not.

Triple damages and legal fees as I recall. I remember camera stores and computer stores getting schooled on this.

Time for a complaint to the proper Texas agency ?

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    Thanks for the warning. I do find it funny though that the same few here bashed and picked apart a new member for posting a bad firearm transaction. Who cares if it was his second post. Yeah way to go that'll help bring more members!!:roflfunny: He came to a gun forum to gripe and warn others. As EVERYONE here has done at one time or another. Like I always say.... some here take this sh-t WAAAAAAAAAAY too SERIOUS!! :facepalm: Good Grief Charlie Brown.....

Last edited:

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    I would never do business with a retail store that wouldn't RMA an item for me. "All Sales Final" is one thing, refusing to assist a customer with a new but defective item is a totally different situation.

At that time there was no such thing as an "all sales final policy" on any consumer transaction done in a store, signs posted or not.

Triple damages and legal fees as I recall. I remember camera stores and computer stores getting schooled on this.

Time for a complaint to the proper Texas agency ?

I believe this falls under the Deceptive Trade Practices statutes, and some businesses can be in for a RUDE awakening!

Eli

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Extra entries in the A and D log means more chances for mistakes the ATF will crawl up your ass about. The Wally in Round Rock had a ton of mislogged firearms at one time.
    The store ussually winds up paying the freight.
    Man hours dealing with CS and preparing for shipping, relogging and trying to get the original customer to come get it. They get mad because their buddy can't pick it up because they are too busy. Or they don't bring their ID to pick it up.
    They want discounts for their trouble.
    They want discounts for the damage they did trying to "fix" it.
    As far as taking it back,,,, well,
    You don't know what they really did with it after it left the store. I have had the police or ATF want paperwork literally just days after the sale. It was involved in something. People have tried to commit suicide or murder within hours of a sale before
    Any firearms that leave the store have to be sent to an autherized repair facility, gone through, repaired if neccessary, at the stores expense. And sense we don't know if they fired it or not, sold as used at used prices.
    The list of possible liabilities goes on, to numerous to list.
    But taking one back is one hell of a headache for most places.
    If we even handle the shipping for the customer after they get an RMA, it has to be logged in and out each time.
    To tell you the truth, the one time I had to send one in, it was much easier and faster, not to mention way less headache for me, just to get it done myself. And it came right back to my front door. No fuss, no muss. They even did a ton of extras for FREE. Stuff that would not have been done for the original store. Total win for me.
    The lady being rude,,,, well that's another matter. But I know Wally World won't even let us contact the manufacturer for the customer anymore. Haven't for about 9 years. And yeah, if the web site says one thing and the store says another, I would want to talk to someone higher up.

All that being said, I can understand both sides to a point.

from an idgit coffeeholic

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

Of course there is. No law forces companies to accept returns. Especially for items as regulated as firearms.

Phoneguy

Proud American and Infidel since 1968
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    Hell, at Walmart all firearm sales are final. That being said, there's a certain way to treat customers. And as customers, you still have to have a level of reading comprehension when a sign says "All Firearm Sales Are Final".

Top Bottom