Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Just heard pay pal is knee deep with the Southern Poverty law center.
    I haven't heard that but I do know that PayPal is anti-gun. That's why I said what I did and I'll stress it again here - Anyone who sends money to RR on this project via PayPal needs to send it as a friends and family donation. Do NOT, under any circumstances, put any text in the memo portion of the donation that points to this having anything to do with guns or shooting.

Lordy, I hope everyone understands that.
    Venture Surplus ad

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Didn't have 4H in my neck of the woods, too small I suppose. But the school had FFA. I was on the milk tasting team. Sold the crap they made us sell for fundraisers. Raised pigs and Seabrite chickens as projects. Actually made money on the chickens. Our place was the designated "how to castrate a pig" place. Took the loaded bus to our place. Some fun stories related to that. Built a pig trailer for my senior project.

My cousin was in 4H, and they got to do cooler stuff. Always wanted to do it.
    Can’t hardly believe they are letting the young skulls full of mush learn how to shoot guns these days. It’s sorta scary. Has anybody let Bernie know?

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    i think we were just thinking for the budget we should have, get her the BEST...lol.
    What the hell we know were just some old dudes on the inter-web & haven't been in 4H.
    I say as long as its light & 4H friendly, lets hook this kid up.
    Yes. With the money headed in on this deal the young lady should have the best which meets the rules!

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Admitting we have some excellent shooters on here. We need Ben to chime in on a beginners rifle and /or her coach.

DISREGARD, it was covered while I was out....Missed it.

Last edited:

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    We now have $260. That is enough to pay for the rifle with $86 to buy extras. I intend to order the rifle tomorrow.

She already has eye and hearing protection and a shooting mat. I would like to get her a range bag, a rifle case, cleaning kit, shooting hat and ammo. The amount of additional money that is raised will determine the quality of accessories and/or quantity of ammo.

Does anyone have any suggestions on anything else?

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Spotting scope maybe? My bride has a cheap one for bird watching. Could let a person see a .22 hole in paper at 50 feet most likely.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    We now have $260. That is enough to pay for the rifle with $86 to buy extras. I intend to order the rifle tomorrow.

She already has eye and hearing protection and a shooting mat. I would like to get her a range bag, a rifle case, cleaning kit, shooting hat and ammo. The amount of additional money that is raised will determine the quality of accessories and/or quantity of ammo.

Does anyone have any suggestions on anything else?
    Muh cockles.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Can we get her a few boxes precision ammo ... Eley or similar brand. Just thinking a couple hundred rounds to add with some bulk ammo like Thunderbolt.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Not sure Eley or other precision ammo would make that much of a difference in a rascal. CCI standard would probably be a great choice though.
    Ive never shot a rascal so I'm not sure what ammo it might like. Maybe a few differnt brands to try out & see what it likes to shoot.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Seems like someone did a brand comparison recently. I thought it was a good idea. Maybe she could do that with her new rifle to see which one it likes the best.

Edit - Ez-e the ninja

Top Bottom