Lynx Defense

Cornyn suggests he might support universal background checks?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-113s374rs/pdf/BILLS-113s374rs.pdf

Unless I'm misunderstanding pg 12 of the document, I don't think this is the case. Someone else have a look and tell me what you think.

And by no means does me offering an answer suggest I'm ok with this UBC crap. I am not! I am of the opinion that if you're gonna argue, have your facts straight. You lose credibility being ignorant on the subject. Let's be right about what we're saying.

When you hear universal background checks. That means every transfer would require a background check.
    It's pointing the same direction as closing the gun show loop hole.

The reason this is bad, is simple. It's unenforceable without a gun registry.

A statement like congressman x is open to a compromise that would include universal background checks, would mean they don't have the legislation already in place to reference because they're negotiating it...

So it could be your worth nightmare or not...

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    When you hear universal background checks. That means every transfer would require a background check.
    It's pointing the same direction as closing the gun show loop hole.

The reason this is bad, is simple. It's unenforceable without a gun registry.

A statement like congressman x is open to a compromise that would include universal background checks, would mean they don't have the legislation already in place to reference because they're negotiating it...

So it could be your worth nightmare or not...

I don't understand why you're telling me this. I'm well aware what a UBC and in no way do I support it. I'm taking your reply as a lecture as if I support a UBC. Would you clarify?

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Make no mistake: "Universal Back Ground Check" means only one thing: National Gun Registration.

If you don't think it can happen here, think again.

California, Illinois, North Caroloina & New York (perhaps among others) require you to register the make, model, and serial number of the firearm you wish to purchase. California has already forced registered owners of certain guns to either surrender them to local law enforcement, or to sell them out of state.

Those data bases can be fused with other data bases such as driver licenses and vehicle registration tags.

Now, the government knows what guns you have, where you live, and what kind of vehicle you drive.

"Universal Back Ground Checks" is unconstitutional and a violation of our right to privacy.

Top Bottom