• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Forgive me TGT, for I have sinned...

One day my buddy and I got out of school and we walked to my house. Dad was at work, so we decided to shoot some stuff in the house with my Red Rider. At the end of the hall I placed a cardboard box from a printer that my dad used to throw junk mail in. I figured the paper would stop the BB's, no problem.

I was mostly right.

About half a dozen shots made it through the box, through many loose layers of junk mail and into the wall. My buddy was kinda artsy and happened to have paint pens on him at the time. We decided taking small pieces of tape, covering the holes and going over the tape with the paint pen would work. The color was almost an exact match. I think I was 13 at the time.

About a year after I moved out, I got a phone call from dad. He was standing in the hallway and noticed a shiny spot on the lower part of the wall at the end of the hallway. He took a closer look and discovered the painted-over tape. Needless to say that was not a happy conversation.

Stay tuned for more sins...

Last edited:

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    While shooting my 22 bolt action my ex wife's sister had a malfunction where the trigger wouldn't move. A piece of dirt got jammed in the works, hadn't been cleaned in a while. Cleared the debris, test fired without the stock, mindlessly racked the bolt again... Inserted back into the stock which hit the trigger and sent one straight up through my brand new pop up sunshade I spent $180 on... Ex wife was not happy...

Until the day I sold it, ever time I would set it up someone would walk in and look up and say "hey, what's that hole for......"

I also had a k31 with a pretty interesting scope clamped on it. It looked like an old Russian nagant scope but bigger. I was visiting my oldest daughter at Christmas 2 years ago and had it with me so I decided to sell it to get some extra cash to spend on her... Took it to a pawn shop in Lincoln, Nebraska. One guy looked at it and offered me $200. I told him it was worth more and he took it in back. I heard another guy say holy sh!t that's a sniper. They happily paid me $550 for it. I traded 2 tokarevs I bought for $100/each for the gun. Mount was $75 and the scope was free..... I never looked back :-)

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    I painted one of my AR's blue because its my fiancé's favorite color.

20141002_102801.jpg

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    My first time out with my newly-minted CHL (to Walmart, of course), my XD was Condition 3. I attribute that the requirement to carry that way while I as in the military.

But even worse, I once signed a bill of sale for a privately-bought firearm! :(

I am much smarter/wiser now!

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    At the risk of sounding like a newb.... What's condition 3?

IIRC condition 3 is loaded mag, empty chamber, hammer down/safety on if possible. - ETA - ninja'd by Max

Think my worst sin is leaving all the stuff my dad bought for me down in Texas when I moved back north. He's refusing to bring any of it up here because (he thinks) they're legally his since it's his name on the 4473, even though he admits that they were bought as gifts. Its become something of a point of friction between us >.>

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Posted on the 2014 dove hunting thread.... my 45 lc went missing...I had left it in the center console of my father-in-law's truck. It had been at least 2 to 3 weeks before I notice it was missing..found it today...

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I should also fess up to not telling my ex wife about guns I had bought and not telling her how much I really paid for the ones she did know about.... But who hasn't done that??

I have promised to my new wife to not do that

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    I should also fess up to not telling my ex wife about guns I had bought and not telling her how much I really paid for the ones she did know about.... But who hasn't done that??

I have promised to my new wife to not do that
    Not a sin.

sent from wait...where am I!?

Top Bottom