• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    I'll be 56 in December and had my first pipeline inspection in January.
    I heard all the horror stories and dreaded it to no end.

Don't believe everything you read ... except for this, of course ...

The night before ... metamucil mixed with 50/50 water and gatorade.
    Visited the head twice.

Walked into the clinic at 0900, became heavily medicated and I was home by 1100, napped a while and was good to go that evening.

I'm 49..I hope mine goes that well...
    DK Firearms

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    SHC162.JPG

Oh ... you guize ....

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    I was on the every two year plan. But last time I went, none found. Now on the five year plan. Nothing to it. The prep is the worst part. Do it on a day off. Sunday is my usual prep day.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    As the only living member of my family ALL of whom died of colon cancer, my sister in her 40's. Yes its preventable, only if you get your colon checked out. I get one just about every other year and have for almost 20 years. The checkup is no big deal as you are out for it, but the days leading up to it with drinking the chemical junk is not fun at all. They will offer you Cherry flavored stuff, just say NO! 1) it does not taste like cherry, 2) you have never been so sick of drinking cherry chemical to the point you almost throw up just smelling it.

Nonetheless, I strongly recommend you do so, dying of colon cancer is not fun or pretty. If you come out clean (no polyps) the first time you won't need to come back for 5 years, if they find some you will need to go back every year till they don't find any then its 3 years. Next week I need to tell the Doc its that time again...

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    As the only living member of my family ALL of whom died of colon cancer, my sister in her 40's. Yes its preventable, only if you get your colon checked out. I get one just about every other year and have for almost 20 years. The checkup is no big deal as you are out for it, but the days leading up to it with drinking the chemical junk is not fun at all. They will offer you Cherry flavored stuff, just say NO! 1) it does not taste like cherry, 2) you have never been so sick of drinking cherry chemical to the point you almost throw up just smelling it.

Nonetheless, I strongly recommend you do so, dying of colon cancer is not fun or pretty. If you come out clean (no polyps) the first time you won't need to come back for 5 years, if they find some you will need to go back every year till they don't find any then its 3 years. Next week I need to tell the Doc its that time again...

Some good advice here guys, pay attention.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Some good advice here guys, pay attention.

Exactly, thanks to some history of colon cancer in my family (my mother and her mother, the latter dying from it), I've gotten a colonoscopy ever five years for a while now. The procedure is not that bad and if you're smart even the prep can be tolerable. It was suggested not to mix the chemicals with something you normally enjoy drinking, such as Gatorade or Propel, as it will put you off those products. I just use water, but chase it with hot tea which always kills the aftertaste.

Otherwise, make sure your Kindle is charged and you have some good books and apps on it, because you'll be spending some time in the can!

However, it's well worth it. Colon cancer is the most preventable and treatable cancer as long as it's caught early! Joke all you want, but to die when it can be easily avoidable is tragic.

I've got two teenage sons, and I would never want to leave them fatherless because I was too much of a pussy to go through a minor medical procedure!

Top Bottom