• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Went to the Temple VA. Since my father died of colon cancer, i get the joy of having a camera stuck up my guts.

This appointment had been put in by no less then three docs. Over a 6 mo span.

Then the secret list thing came out. I had the appointment within a month of the last doc putting in the referral. The two referrals before 'vanished'.

Anyway, it wasn't bad at all. You check in, strip down, iV. They wheel you down the hall.

Then comes the Demerol. The last thing you'll remember, that entire day...is the nurse injecting the IV. Its good stuff!

Im not kidding, you will blank out for hours. No memories at all. I was told I refused the wheelchair and walked out drunk on Demerol. Telling the people in the waiting room, their husbands will be the same way. I have no memory of this.

When you come to....youre at home. With no memories of a camera stuck up your butt.

The Temple VA did a good job. No pain at all.

And they kiss your a$$ afterwards. They call a day later and ask how youre doing.

This whistle blowing needed to happen years ago.

I now get the camera every five years till Im dead.

RIP TOTSE
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    The pre the night before is the worst part of it. The day of is a breeze.

I have had 2 photo ops so far. I willed it to smile both times and have the photos to prove it. Best of all, all OK.

Last edited:

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    The pre the night before is the worst part of. I have had photo ops so far. I willed it to smile both times.
    I agree on the night before. It was terrible.

Weirdest part was- (about to get graphic) while drinking 4 liters of bullshit chemical laxatives and spraying sandy liquids through my system I think I pressure washed the polyps straight out of me. The doc couldn't find any to biopsy after the colonoscopy. I've been fine since.

Heres what i drank-
    Notice how it dwarfs my biggest deodorant

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    Because of my family lengthy history with colon cancer and the fact we pulled polyps out of my butt every check up, I am on the three year plan. DHAT does me good and I like my doctor. He had one assistant I think was light in the loafers but I never saw him again.

I encourage everyone to get checked. It is not that bad. It is not like they are sticking a 300mm f2.8 up there. It is about the size of a #2 pencil. No pun intended.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Because of my family lengthy history with colon cancer and the fact we pulled polyps out of my butt every check up, I am on the three year plan. DHAT does me good and I like my doctor. He had one assistant I think was light in the loafers but I never saw him again.

I encourage everyone to get checked. It is not that bad. It is not like they are sticking a 300mm f2.8 up there. It is about the size of a #2 pencil. No pun intended.

Lol, do what????

The camera I saw was about 8 feet long, at least 1/2 dia. With knobs at the very end. It was huge!......in the grand scheme of things.

RIP TOTSE

Last edited:

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I saved the pic of my range trip with my dad after eating my first real meal in 24hrs just after I had mine done. I'll post in in a little bit
    At 25ft, SA 1911A1 loaded parkerized with tritium night sights

Last edited:

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    The camera I saw was about 8 feet long, at least 1/2 dia. With knobs at the very end. It was huge!......in the grand scheme of things.

Yep, first one I had was when the VA allowed you to refuse sedation, saw that same diabolical apparatus, was awake and watching the monitor the entire time, and even spotted one polyp before the doctor did.

The next two times they (purposely? - had the same doctor all three times, head of GI and my PCP) shut me up with Demerol. Even without Demerol, it was not at all painful, just a bit uncomfortable at first. Having both a grandmother, and a friend/bandmate, die of colon cancer, the latter needlessly due the technology being available for him, I agree in your encouragement to bite the bullet and get it done.

But they do seem to come a bit too frequently for my taste.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    You've guys have seriously messed up my evening. Once I turned 50, my doctor has been giving me cards to go get it done. He's "the only cancer you can avoid" i'm like "It's there only thing I have to accept getting put up my ass." Sigh - He's probably right.

centexshooter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Hays County
    My (former) doc asked me a few months ago when my last colonoscopy was. I asked "What year is it"?. When the idiot actually answered, I responded " Never". He asked when a good time would be for it. I reminded him that there was no actual evidence yet that hell has frozen over. But I may consider it shortly after the Astros win the World Series.

centexshooter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Hays County
    You've guys have seriously messed up my evening. Once I turned 50, my doctor has been giving me cards to go get it done. He's "the only cancer you can avoid" i'm like "It's there only thing I have to accept getting put up my ass." Sigh - He's probably right.
    All those thieving bastards get a commission from unnecessary testing.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I'm just gonna step in front of a bus at 49.

Im only 42. My dad died at 73. He never went to the doctor. He complained that it hurt to take a crap. Then he gos. Yep, colon cancer.

They removed it. Then the sewing broke loose later. He ended up with a shit bag. Then sepsis set in and he was done.

Since he never went to the doc, we never knew when he got it. Youre suppose to get the exam 10years before the age of the relative was diagnosed with it.

With me, its up in the air. So i get the exam.

RIP TOTSE

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I had one a year and a half ago at the Dallas VA. Twilight drug, watched the "hole" thing on the monitor. (pun intended). Doctor lady said I had a perfect A-hole. Told here that's what they call me at work... a perfect a-hole. Saw something and asked what it was, she said my appendix. I said well as long as you're there, take it out. She said no. Oh well.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    One thing to watch for:

Cartoon.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts