• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    yeah, that attitude is productive. You realize state law gives DPS 90 days to either issue, deny or tell you it will take more time, right?

I didn't mean for him to literally say that. I thought it was 60? It may not be productive but if you can't get your license in a reasonable amount of time then why does it cost so much? Sounds like they aren't being productive. Just because a law stands doesn't mean it's right.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I didn't mean for him to literally say that. I thought it was 60? It may not be productive but if you can't get your license in a reasonable amount of time then why does it cost so much? Sounds like they aren't being productive. Just because a law stands doesn't mean it's right.

It is 90 days. For your $140 DPS has to pay for the staff, maintain a computer system, send employees into the County Clerks office of every county you lived and worked in the past several years along with the associated costs, pay the FBI to run the fingerprints, pay for mail, and pay a private company to manufacture your license.

I don't think anyone on this thread is in the "unreasonable time" area yet.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    It is 90 days. For your $140 DPS has to pay for the staff, maintain a computer system, send employees into the County Clerks office of every county you lived and worked in the past several years along with the associated costs, pay the FBI to run the fingerprints, pay for mail, and pay a private company to manufacture your license.

I don't think anyone on this thread is in the "unreasonable time" area yet.
    Considering all of that absolutely not.
    It seems to me like much of what consumes their time isn't necessary. Without so much of the digging around into things I don't believe are relevant to the CHL process, it could be done a lot more quickly and at a lower cost. That's just my opinion though.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Considering all of that absolutely not.
    It seems to me like much of what consumes their time isn't necessary. Without so much of the digging around into things I don't believe are relevant to the CHL process, it could be done a lot more quickly and at a lower cost. That's just my opinion though.

not without the Legislature completely overhauling the laws.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    not without the Legislature completely overhauling the laws.
    Your completely right. I'm not sure how you feel about it but I think they could stand to reduce some of the time and effort they put into the bg checks. Only in the areas the don't have anything to do with criminal history. Could save time and $. If they reduced the costs more people would probably obtain them as well.

BigHoss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2011
    East Texas (Brownsboro)
    That's funny! I did my Wally Walk shortly after I received the plastic...in fact, this past Saturday I had to make a drive from Tyler to Midland...and back in the same day. I think i stopped at four Wally World's and did the walk within to "move about" and "mark my territory" in those Wally World's. I visited one in Midland, Weatherford, and I can't remember the other two...but anyway...it was fun!

austinbirdnut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2011
    Lat 30.495992 / Lon -97.729223
    I took the advice of my CHL Instructor to stay away from Wal-Mart as a rule (cuz bad shit always happens at Wal-Mart :-) but was decidedly proud and comfortable taking my walk thru Home Depot this evening on the way home from work...I have decided tho that the cell phone went right where my IWB holster goes and putting the phone one belt loop to the back is a bad idea as I reflexively lifted my coat to grab my phone and said to myself Doh!...GUN showing a**hole! Nobody saw me tho....lol

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    ^^^^€€ tru dat the wally walk is paramount. But dont do it like
    TR in daisy dukes carrying mexican style
    Running up and down the isles singini feel pretty oh so pretty

austinbirdnut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2011
    Lat 30.495992 / Lon -97.729223
    Charlie,

yes he did say that but mostly in jest...it was just part of the class humor as alot of the "incidents" that were referenced or shown strangely took place at Wally World...it was just coincidental that I took my walk at Home Depot instead but I thot it was funny that I took his "advice" accidentally :-) I however, have no problem with Wal-Mart...

high_lander

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Denton County, TX
    I finally got mine mailed off about a week and a half ago, still no update on the site. It's OK though since I have my NV and UT permits. I actually took my Wally walk when we came here in April of 2010 when we were house shopping. Kinda anti-climactic after that I guess.

Top Bottom