• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Here in Texas we can ether open carry or conceal carry with or without a permit. For many reasons, I personally like to conceal carry. So my question is, If open carry is legal and I just happen to reach up and expose my firearm or it prints. Do I have to worry about any legal issues?
    One would think if open carry is legal, printing or exposing your firearm when attempting to conceal wouldn't be a legal issue. But laws can sometimes be tricky or make no sense at all.
    <>

Gee, these were concerns in many states, related to technical peculiarities in prior laws.

Almost all have proven baseless, non-issues. Especially here in the Gulf South.

Real State & Local LEO’s look for actual criminals and/or public safety issues, not minor technicalities.

Texas currently does allow for properties to post “No Open Carry” restrictions, which should be observed.

Sadly, HEB is one of them

Remember that two separate issues often become entangled here on TGT: The LEGALITY of OC vs) it’s advisability !

The fact that something is LEGAL may have little bearing on its wisdom in actual proctice.

Also, CC & OC are not mutually exclusive.

leVieux

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    <>

Gee, these were concerns in many states, related to technical peculiarities in prior laws.

Almost all have proven baseless, non-issues. Especially here in the Gulf South.

Real State & Local LEO’s look for actual criminals and/or public safety issues, not minor technicalities.

Texas currently does allow for properties to post “No Open Carry” restrictions, which should be observed.

Sadly, HEB is one of them

Remember that two separate issues often become entangled here on TGT: The LEGALITY of OC vs) it’s advisability !

The fact that something is LEGAL may have little bearing on its wisdom in actual proctice.

Also, CC & OC are not mutually exclusive.

leVieux
    Was somebody questioning when or where they can open carry? I thought it was an accidental exposure we were talking about.

sb47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    Was somebody questioning when or where they can open carry? I thought it was an accidental exposure we were talking about.
    You are correct. We all know about stupid laws that are still on the books but not enforced. I conceal carry and wear a shirt that is long enough to cover my gun at all times. Even when reaching over my head. I was just curious how the law applies to accidental exposure in ether public or privet places. Are there any known cases where an accodental exposure gets a ticket or arrested?

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    You are correct. We all know about stupid laws that are still on the books but not enforced. I conceal carry and wear a shirt that is long enough to cover my gun at all times. Even when reaching over my head. I was just curious how the law applies to accidental exposure in ether public or privet places. Are there any known cases where an accodental exposure gets a ticket or arrested?
    Never heard of one, but it could have happened. Maybe in Austin...

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    While certainly a city that is anti gun may do things outside the law pertaining to guns, it doesn't mean it's unlawful. Even with a shirt long enough to cover when reaching, shit happens. I certainly would cover it as quickly as possible when noticed, and just hope someone doesn't make an issue out of something that shouldn't be an issue.

While I am sure accidental exposure is not against the law. The bad thing is, justice isn't always followed in places gone woke.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    1681258574759.png

Top Bottom