• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tenncvol

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2016
    I use a similar app called Libby. It makes it really convenient to read books. I still prefer a real book. But you can't always find the real book in the library. I've read the Jack Carr series. The terminal list was at the library. But no library near me had the next 3 books so I read them on my tablet.

Another very similar reading app is “hoopla”. I think Libby and Hoopla are tied into your library membership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gun Zone Deals

scattergun6

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 17, 2021
    San Antonio
    "Amusing Ourselves to Death" by Neil Postman. Excellent, eye-opening book - "...a prophetic look at what happens when politics, journalism, education, and even religion become subject to the demands of entertainment."

Panem et Circenses

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    Damn. I thought I was the only one left around that read those.
    Can't remember the name, but there was another similar series about a private for hire to gov agencies for a million dollars a job. IIRC, he favored revolvers.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Was he named Holland?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Just starting “Out of the Mountains” by David Kilcullen. Any chance you’ve read this one @toddnjoyce?

I don’t think I have. Currently reading Three Felonies a Day by Harvey Silverglate. It’s always been on my list, but I hadn’t gotten around to it until recently. Though originally written in 2009 and reprinted in 2011, it really is an eye opener when you put into perspective the political environment from 2016 and on.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I don’t think I have. Currently reading Three Felonies a Day by Harvey Silverglate. It’s always been on my list, but I hadn’t gotten around to it until recently. Though originally written in 2009 and reprinted in 2011, it really is an eye opener when you put into perspective the political environment from 2016 and on.
    I need to read that one also, always looked interesting but never added it to the list.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Compromise is overrated. Better to vanquish your enemy and hear the cries of their womenfolk. Yes, democrats are no longer those with an opposing viewpoint, they are the enemy. Statists RINOS are not to be ignored either.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Black Hawk Down: A Story of Modern War by Mark Bowden. Obviously, also a major motion picture.

With the Old Breed: at Peleliu and Okinawa by E. B. Sledge. Basis for a large portion of the HBO miniseries "The Pacific". Same can be said of Robert Leckie's, Helmet for My Pillow. More and more I think that the American public (if they even care) remembers WWII as only the world vs the Nazi's while the Pacific campaign gets ignored.

Rocket Boys by Homer H. Hickam. Basis of "October Sky". The book and the movie differ on key points to keep a PG rating.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom