• ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Correct, and that's why I didn't use it for a source.

You would learn much more about this if you would actually educate yourself instead if trying to twist things to fit your preconceived notion and ignoring anything that may be evidence that you are incorrect in many of your assumptions.

But what fun is that?

It's not hard to find this information from credible sources, and the chain of events we've seen in Dallas doesn't support the borderline hysteria some here are showing. Yet some persist in this silly idea that Ebola is spreading like wildfire and has somehow become airborne or is being spread from airplanes mixed in with the chemtrails.

Meanwhile, while your dying of dehydration in your level 4 bio suit I'll be drinking a big cup if sweet tea with a bottle of Purell in my pocket.

This ain't rocket science people. Just read a little bit with an unbiased attitude. The answers are there.

Once again, I have not seen anybody react like you describe. People are concerned, but somehow all this "education" you have leads you to continuously misrepresent the concern as "hysteria."

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Once again, I have not seen anybody react like you describe. People are concerned, but somehow all this "education" you have leads you to continuously misrepresent the concern as "hysteria."

Lol. Latch on to that if you want.

Point is, you are purposely ignoring things that show obvious flaws in your reasoning.

All the signs are pointing right and your still trying to convince everyone to look left.

Read up on it and get the facts and your concern will be much lower than if you continue to let your imagination run amuck.

There is prudent precaution, and there is ridiculous over reaction and grasping at straws. You got a hand full of straws.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    There is prudent precaution, and there is ridiculous over reaction and grasping at straws. You got a hand full of straws.

If only the CDC would just be straight and give us the true prudent precaution to take but instead they act like nothing is wrong and constantly hiding facts until they can't ignore it. I'll bet though once they get the vaccine for this rolling it will be pandemonium from them like we saw with the insanely overhyped H1N1.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If only the CDC would just be straight and give us the true prudent precaution to take but instead they act like nothing is wrong and constantly hiding facts until they can't ignore it. I'll bet though once they get the vaccine for this rolling it will be pandemonium from them like we saw with the insanely overhyped H1N1.

That's exactly why I started looking at it myself.

I didn't trust the govs "nothing to see here" officer barbrady type stance and I didn't ( and don't) trust the media hype because they have an interest in making it as big a story as possible.

So I started doing research and reading up on information from several different health organizations.

It's something that you really don't want to get, but is much easier to avoid getting than many of the illnesses we are used to dealing with. As in, it's easier to keep the infection from entering your body.

Other crap enters our body all the time, but our bodies are fairly good at fighting those things. Ebola doesn't give much time for our bodies to learn to fight it and build immunity before it kills us.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    There is a difference between risk levels when working with multiple diseases on a daily basis in that type if environment. Especially if they are "playing" with it. They also have much more adequate facilities for deconing those level 4 suites.

Not to mention the fact that they don't want the lab tech contaminating any samples with something they brought in.

Makes sense.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    That's exactly why I started looking at it myself.

I didn't trust the govs "nothing to see here" officer barbrady type stance and I didn't ( and don't) trust the media hype because they have an interest in making it as big a story as possible.

So I started doing research and reading up on information from several different health organizations.

It's something that you really don't want to get, but is much easier to avoid getting than many of the illnesses we are used to dealing with. As in, it's easier to keep the infection from entering your body.

Other crap enters our body all the time, but our bodies are fairly good at fighting those things. Ebola doesn't give much time for our bodies to learn to fight it and build immunity before it kills us.

Pretty much. I'm personally more worried about going to the ER and catching a nasty antibiotic resistant strain of Staph like MRSA. That stuff is much more easily transmittable and damned near as deadly as Ebola. And even if you survive it you are generally left with severe neurological damage for the rest of your life. Still not going to discount the possibility of Ebola going airborne though, especially with how big the outbreak is getting in Africa. Chances are certainly much greater now than in the past for it to mutate with how many thousands are being infected, just a pure numbers game. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and don't run around like a chicken with your head cut off.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If it manages to get airborne and start spreading like the common cold we're all pretty much fucked, so I see no sense worrying about it, lol.

I would stop going places though. Luckily I'm prepared and would simply enact survival plan CE7B.093.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    If it manages to get airborne and start spreading like the common cold we're all pretty much fucked, so I see no sense worrying about it, lol.

I would stop going places though. Luckily I'm prepared and would simply enact survival plan CE7B.093.

Ya your best bet is GTFO outa dodge and bunker up. I don't have an escape plan ATM (besides maybe going to some remote national park) so I'd probably just soak some cotton balls with silver and say a prayer about every 15 minutes. Certainly wish I had the time to hammer out a concrete plan or the money/land to build a bunker but I'm a busy SOB as of late.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Still curious as to what you meant with the last sentence of your post Mike.

It was just post-apocalyptic nonsense having to do with defending one's home and goods in the case of an extreme disaster. Without relief I suppose people will become quite desperate fairly quickly. But who wants to live in such a dog-eat-dog world anyway.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    It was just post-apocalyptic nonsense having to do with defending one's home and goods in the case of an extreme disaster. Without relief I suppose people will become quite desperate fairly quickly. But who wants to live in such a dog-eat-dog world anyway.

This dog only bites if you try to take his bone.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    There is no suit available for the masses to protect themselves from bio hazards.

Your best defense is to get in shape, stay hydrated, eat healthy, and avoid crowds.

Anecdotal evidence shows that Ebola travels through populations that have weak immune systems, are obese, or undernourished, and those who tend to the sick and dead before they are buried.Now that it has been spread in Dallas, our only hope is that the native population there has a strong immune system.

Otherwise, the plaque will spread like wild fire.

And, the only way to stop it is to cordon off the affected areas and allow the virus to burn itself out. Most (if not all) will die, but it will spare the larger population a horrendous death.

All of our guns and ammo will be of no use once we are infected.

Be well. Sleep well.

That's generally the case, is it not, lol.....

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

The world has always been dog eat dog. The circumstances may change, but the world stays the same.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Pretty much. I'm personally more worried about going to the ER and catching a nasty antibiotic resistant strain of Staph like MRSA. That stuff is much more easily transmittable and damned near as deadly as Ebola. And even if you survive it you are generally left with severe neurological damage for the rest of your life. . . . . .

You have staph growing on your skin right now. 30% of all people are colonized with MRSA. I'm not sure what you mean by neurological sequlae. . . .

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Are you are looking for something you, and family, can suit up in as you bug out of town to escape a bio emergency and have a stronger chance of not contracting anything nasty during any interactions with the public (gas station fill up comes to mind) on the way to your safe place???

You might look at something like this. Chemical Suits For Sale - Keepshooting®

After reading what you guys have said, I am seriously rethinking my idea of using spray on Scotchgard® to coat some scrubs for my 'flee to safe air' outfit :p

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Are you are looking for something you, and family, can suit up in as you bug out of town to escape a bio emergency and have a stronger chance of not contracting anything nasty during any interactions with the public (gas station fill up comes to mind) on the way to your safe place???

You might look at something like this. Chemical Suits For Sale - Keepshooting®

After reading what you guys have said, I am seriously rethinking my idea of using spray on Scotchgard® to coat some scrubs for my 'flee to safe air' outfit :p

If that's the case you'd better drive a vehicle you don't mind burning after you get to your destination.....

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Ebola: Woman saves three relatives from death - CNN.com

nstead Fatu, who's in her final year of nursing school, invented her own equipment. International aid workers heard about Fatu's "trash bag method" and are now teaching it to other West Africans who can't get into hospitals and don't have protective gear of their own.
    Every day, several times a day for about two weeks, Fatu put trash bags over her socks and tied them in a knot over her calves. Then she put on a pair of rubber boots and then another set of trash bags over the boots.
    She wrapped her hair in a pair of stockings and over that a trash bag. Next she donned a raincoat and four pairs of gloves on each hand, followed by a mask.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Ebola: Woman saves three relatives from death - CNN.com

nstead Fatu, who's in her final year of nursing school, invented her own equipment. International aid workers heard about Fatu's "trash bag method" and are now teaching it to other West Africans who can't get into hospitals and don't have protective gear of their own.
    Every day, several times a day for about two weeks, Fatu put trash bags over her socks and tied them in a knot over her calves. Then she put on a pair of rubber boots and then another set of trash bags over the boots.
    She wrapped her hair in a pair of stockings and over that a trash bag. Next she donned a raincoat and four pairs of gloves on each hand, followed by a mask.

From that, to the hazmats suits being worn all over, but oh, just saw the CDC director on the Kelly File say that what the nurse in Dallas wore was sufficient, no need to cover your head, multiple gloves, taped seams...

What a joke.

Tony2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia
    Anybody see CNN this morning. Pretty much discredits some view points on here with the second nurse becoming infected. Originally hospital management discredited nurses to cover for their own bad decisions inappropriate level of coverage they asked the nurses to put surgical tape on their neck to cover the bare area of skin the suit didn't cover and still required them to care for other patients at the same time. Sounds like an investor owned hospital IMO.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Anybody see CNN this morning. Pretty much discredits some view points on here with the second nurse becoming infected. Originally hospital management discredited nurses to cover for their own bad decisions inappropriate level of coverage they asked the nurses to put surgical tape on their neck to cover the bare area of skin the suit didn't cover and still required them to care for other patients at the same time. Sounds like an investor owned hospital IMO.

Yeah, the cheap bastards just cost their hospital millions in lawsuits... not to mention the suffering, permanent health damage and the possibility of deaths. Everything encircling some managers' lives is valued solely with dollar $ign$ and some just don't give a damn about anything else because the more money they save the hospital the bigger their bonuses. This greedy stupid decision backfired and hopefully those management who made such decisions will be fired.

Tony2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia
    Exactly. Easy to recognize the pattern of corporate greed. First person they blamed where their own employee" at the bottom the nurse.

Top Bottom