• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kirk10100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    Wow!! Thank you all for your information. I must say that i feel a bit more knowledgeable. All I was looking for was a suit to offer additional protection while i try to get out of the infected area.

Tony2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia
    There is a lot of variables if you are alone. Hazmat suits are made to be used with a whole set up of people. If you were to get exposed while suited up who would help you decontaminate. There is risk just getting out of a suit without the proper setup. It would be very difficult to drive or run let alone anything else while escaping

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Ebola: Woman saves three relatives from death - CNN.com
    Three out of her four patients survived. That's a 25% death rate -- considerably better than the estimated Ebola death rate of 70%.
    Fatu stayed healthy, which is noteworthy considering that more than 300 health care workers have become infected with Ebola, and she didn't even have personal protection equipment
    This really highlights that it's more about attention to detail than the equipment. Also think it's noteworthy that her dad contracted ebola when he went to the hospital for something unrelated :facepalm:

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    This really highlights that it's more about attention to detail than the equipment. Also think it's noteworthy that her dad contracted ebola when he went to the hospital for something unrelated :facepalm:

Not sure where you got the second quote from, but any statistician would laugh their asses off at that assertion. 4 cases is nowhere near enough info to develop anywhere close to an accurate statistical analysis from. It's laughable to say that we would only have a 25% death rate from this. So many factors to throw in. Yes we have cleaner drinking water and generally better hygiene practices here in the states, but we also have incredibly weak immune systems on average from over-reliance on antibiotics and our ever declining nutritional health. Also you have to factor in that we have no herd immunity to this thing whatsoever whereas African populations have been building immunity to this for a few decades now. It's kinda like the natives coming down with smallpox thing. Us Europeans despite having major nutritional deficiencies at the time had a very strong herd immunity to smallpox whereas native populations, despite a very nutritionally rich diet overall, had absolutely no immunity to it whatsoever and thus it completely ravaged them. I'm going to wager that we would have a lower death rate than Africa if in fact we get a full blown outbreak here, but by no means is it going to be as low as 25%.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Not sure where you got the second quote from, but any statistician would laugh their asses off at that assertion. 4 cases is nowhere near enough info to develop anywhere close to an accurate statistical analysis from.
    It's in that article, but yeah I agree on the odds. It's mostly about that lady not getting sick while caring for her family even though her "hazmat suit" was only made of trashbags and common sense.

Top Bottom