• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    If Biden thought getting out of Afghanistan was necessary, he will be in a bad way when he realizes he needs to get out of America after a prolonged engagement.

No offense to the military people here, but the only times we seem to win wars of late are when the goals are clear, well defined, not boggled with tiny restrictions, and America, and the American people are behind it. In other words, having the ability isn't the same thing as actually being able accomplish the job. Cases and points? Afghanistan and Vietnam. Gulf II was a victory, but messy and ambiguous.

I don't think many members of the US military are going to be too thrilled about war with their own families. I think it will have a negative impact on the performance of the US military and they would eventually lose.

Last edited:

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I don't the how members of the US military are going to be too thrilled about war with its own families. I think it will have a negative impact on the performance of the US military and they would eventually lose.

Every soldier out there has someone they care about. Most have family. Parents, siblings, spouses, children, aunts, uncles.

Soldiers (using the term inclusively for all branches because its easy) who are ordered to turn on their people,to kill, abuse, or capture American citizens on the order of some dictatorial asshole in DC have to remember that. While they're out there surrounded by other soldiers - their loved ones are at home, vulnerable, potentially even the targets of the same military actions.

Those family members could be part of the "resistance" or "rebellion" or whatever. Or they could become targets of the resistance. Joe Snuffy wants to go killin' civillians because he's "just following orders" or worse, is in agreement with them and gleefully turning on the people may just find that his loved ones getting captured or killed takes the wind out of his sails. Or maybe his home gets burned to the ground. Or his loved ones just get harassed non-stop which puts pressure on him. Whatever.

Soldiers distracted by worry about whats going on at home aren't as effective as those concentrating on the mission.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I subscribe to the "Stockdale Paradox"

“You have to have faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties, and at the same time, must confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.”

If Biden thought getting out of Afghanistan was necessary, he will be in a bad way when he realizes he needs to get out of America after a prolonged engagement.

No offense to the military people here, but the only times we seem to win wars of late are when the goals are clear, well defined, not boggled with tiny restrictions, and America, and the American people are behind it. In other words, having the ability isn't the same thing as actually being able accomplish the job. Cases and points? Afghanistan and Vietnam. Gulf II was a victory, but messy and ambiguous.

I don't the how members of the US military are going to be too thrilled about war with its own families. I think it will have a negative impact on the performance of the US military and they would eventually lose.
    Yep brain dead Joe is full of shit. The military would honor their oath to uphold the Constitution. Only the worthless corrupt power hungry scum in our government would see what we would do to them and they won't like it.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Yep brain dead Joe is full of shit. The military would honor their oath to uphold the Constitution. Only the worthless corrupt power hungry scum in our government would see what we would do to them and they won't like it.
    Doubtful. See New Orleans during Katrina as an example. In my opinion, the breakdown that would occur would have more to do with service members prioritizing being there for their families.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    The military would honor their oath to uphold the Constitution.

Many would. I hope most would. But a large portion would not - some would "simply follow orders", others would enthusiastically be on board with crushing resistance and instituting oppression via martial law. The rest would hope to stay out of the shitstorm and try to keep themselves and their families safe. A lot of vehicles and equipment would "mysteriously" break down or be found to be inoperable, but don't count on the military to act en masse to make what you and I see as the honorable decision. Just like the Dems shouldn't count on them to enforce their totalitarian fantasies without question.

perfor8

God, guns, and guts
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 30, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Doubtful. See New Orleans during Katrina as an example. In my opinion, the breakdown that would occur would have more to do with service members prioritizing being there for their families.
    In my experience, the more "high-speed" and competent the operator (the ones with skills), the more they understand and embrace their Constitutional oath. Rank and file grunts, not so much.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

Many would. I hope most would. But a large portion would not - some would "simply follow orders", others would enthusiastically be on board with crushing resistance and instituting oppression via martial law. The rest would hope to stay out of the shitstorm and try to keep themselves and their families safe. A lot of vehicles and equipment would "mysteriously" break down or be found to be inoperable, but don't count on the military to act en masse to make what you and I see as the honorable decision. Just like the Dems shouldn't count on them to enforce their totalitarian fantasies without question.

The military will split into infighting just like the civilian population.....the winner will be whoever shoots first.....

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Every soldier out there has someone they care about. Most have family. Parents, siblings, spouses, children, aunts, uncles.

Soldiers (using the term inclusively for all branches because its easy) who are ordered to turn on their people,to kill, abuse, or capture American citizens on the order of some dictatorial asshole in DC have to remember that. While they're out there surrounded by other soldiers - their loved ones are at home, vulnerable, potentially even the targets of the same military actions.

Those family members could be part of the "resistance" or "rebellion" or whatever. Or they could become targets of the resistance. Joe Snuffy wants to go killin' civillians because he's "just following orders" or worse, is in agreement with them and gleefully turning on the people may just find that his loved ones getting captured or killed takes the wind out of his sails. Or maybe his home gets burned to the ground. Or his loved ones just get harassed non-stop which puts pressure on him. Whatever.

Soldiers distracted by worry about whats going on at home aren't as effective as those concentrating on the mission.
    That. Especially this: "Soldiers distracted by worry about whats going on at home aren't as effective as those concentrating on the mission."

And even less effective against us defending our home turf.
    Prayers it never happens, but if it's going to? Bring it.

or.slacker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2018
    US
    But just like January 6th. The .gov will happily give some garbage back story to why their targets need to be eliminated. That will be good enough for most .mil and As long as the targets don't survive to argue, it's all a one-sided story.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    But just like January 6th. The .gov will happily give some garbage back story to why their targets need to be eliminated. That will be good enough for most .mil and As long as the targets don't survive to argue, it's all a one-sided story.

And you think they will believe that story any more than what they believe the government now?....

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

It'll take one hell of a cover story to get most of the military to carry out strikes on American citizens. Most, but there are some who'll eagerly do it.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    In any branch of our military, there will be some who have guts to stand up and do what's right. There will likely be a bigger percentage who will do as they're told. Those who have dedicated their lives to being in uniform have much to lose by bucking the system. Pensions are hard to replace. I'm not trying in any way to justify those who would just follow orders, but I remember quite well many lifers who didn't want to be noticed, wouldn't do anything to make waves, they just wanted to go along and put in their 20 or more years and get that retirement. Those kind of people don't question orders.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Everyone posting in this thread has talked about what you would and who wouldn't do this or do that. I think what also needs to be addressed is all of the military aged men crossing our border and the Dems wanting to fast track them to citizenship so they can be placed into our military. When this happens, who do you thing we will be fighting? Our existing military or the military aged migrants conning into our country?

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    The first thing I thought of is what a disgrace it is that this fool is even talking about it. My son is serving. He's a pilot - refuelers. So he would be operating in a support role obviously... I honestly don't know what he would do... I would hope that he'd figure out a way to uphold his oath. I will ask him to if the time comes.

All's I know is that if we need to fight, it means that the government has descended to the point that it is necessary and the military come from us - they are not merc's.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Everyone posting in this thread has talked about what you would and who wouldn't do this or do that. I think what also needs to be addressed is all of the military aged men crossing our border and the Dems wanting to fast track them to citizenship so they can be placed into our military. When this happens, who do you thing we will be fighting? Our existing military or the military aged migrants conning into our country?
    Wow. This is something I hadn't considered.

Glenbo spoke of .mil lifers not wanting to make waves, but there are ways to 'follow orders' against us (shoot to miss) -

But these guys? The new ones coming in?? What attachment would they have to who they're aiming at. Maybe they grew up fantasizing about shooting Americans.

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    Wow. This is something I hadn't considered.

Glenbo spoke of .mil lifers not wanting to make waves, but there are ways to 'follow orders' against us (shoot to miss) -

But these guys? The new ones coming in?? What attachment would they have to who they're aiming at. Maybe they grew up fantasizing about shooting Americans.
    Yes and consider that they are being bussed all over this country by the feds.. Gov Abbott's bussing is nothing compared to that - I heard him say on a Glenn Beck interview yesterday that only about 5% of the 10K daily coming in are staying in Texas - which is OK by me but that means they're going all over the country... Pres Trump has vowed to round them all up and deport them when he wins the election. Given what promises he made in 2015-2016 and what he actually did or attempted in his first presidency, I believe him. He's got a huge problem with the deep state owning the fed bureaucracy but I think he'll get it done.

SickSilverado

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    TEXAS

I don't think many members of the US military are going to be too thrilled about war with their own families. I think it will have a negative impact on the performance of the US military and they would eventually lose.
    What if they do it like Katrina? They'll send units based in other parts of the country or comprised of "volunteers" so they'll have less reservations about kill orders. I'm sure the government will find a way to bring harm to its citizens in the name of "public safety" or "democracy". Don't get me wrong, there are some great soldiers out there, but there are some nut jobs out there looking to impose their will on others.

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    What if they do it like Katrina? They'll send units based in other parts of the country or comprised of "volunteers" so they'll have less reservations about kill orders. I'm sure the government will find a way to bring harm to its citizens in the name of "public safety" or "democracy". Don't get me wrong, there are some great soldiers out there, but there are some nut jobs out there looking to impose their will on others.
    Katrina was an issue - allowed the abuse because the people weren't prepared to be treated like that. Now? I think most people understand that they will likely deal with that in many areas and react accordingly. If the people are armed, the small groups of NG moving around will not want to piss them off. Think of 'snipers' everywhere... scared of being controlled and disarmed by "authorities".... not good for the "authorities". Just another consideration... That's a dynamic that those wanting to exert more and more control have to deal with - they lose the element of surprise and shock as they do it, so like a coward criminal that sucker punches a victim, they won't try it if they are recognized as being a threat - no longer without risk to themselves.

Top Bottom