• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Folks, there is a time and place for OT replies and discussions. It is in the Off Topic subforum. Stop hijacking threads.
    Capitol Armory ad

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Well they are either trying to avoid, or not. Something had got to give

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    My point was that its nearly impossible for a 16 year old to shut up and walk away. Its not in 16 year old DNA. Especially hard for a 16 year old with a gun. Probably why they dont give CHLs to 16 year olds.:p

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    words are just that....words. As you get older you will find, well at least I did, that when most folks "confront" you they are usually ignorant as to why they are actually doing it. I let them have their say, agree with them (most of the time) and walk away. Now this is just when someone wants to argue or be difficult. I have subscribed to the "trust your gut" and the "think & look ahead" approach. Don't put yourself in compromising situations, surround yourself with positive minded good folks. Not all bad situations are avoidable but...........most of them are. Above all, always know what you stand to give away and loose if you put yourself in a bad situation and act like a dumb ass. Take some ownership of the things you do or don't do. That's part of being an adult and more importantly, A MAN. These are some of the things that work for me, i'm not saying they are right or wrong, but they help me put things in perspective. Judging from your other post I gather that you are in your teens. The one comment you have heard often is "you need to grow up". Trust me when I say they are not words to take lightly nor should they be taken as words of insult. There is a lot of iron in them.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    For me insults. Words dont hold that much value anymore. Evade each and every time i can,
    To carry is a serious thing. Not going to get baited into anything,

alaska1996

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Well at least I know I could do better with words. I stooped to his level and gave it back to him. Things changed when it got physical though. I wasn't really ticked by what he was saying, I lost my cool because he had the audacity to confront me.

Sorry don't know how to post a link from the only other thread I have.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Well at least I know I could do better with words. I stooped to his level and gave it back to him. Things changed when it got physical though. I wasn't really ticked by what he was saying, I lost my cool because he had the audacity to confront me.

see what i'm saying........never mind...

Angeleyes

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013

Here ya go http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...un-chl/48702-justified-homicide-now-what.html
    if thats the one youre talking about.
    On avoiding confrontation dont stoop to the other persons level its not a dick measuring contest. too many idiots nowadays no reason to get your hands dirty

Last edited:

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX

Have you talked to your parents about this? What was their response when you told them you, in your own words, only failed to shoot this man because you were carrying a gun loaded with snakeshot instead of bullets and that you participated in escalating the situation several times up to that point?

alaska1996

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    I did talk to them. They seem more concerned with why the creep was trespassing in the first place. So I come to you guys to help my parents and I learn from this. That being said they have watched the video a million time now. They don't approve but, their not against me either. I'm trying to avoid this mistake again.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    then remember this, even a person that is found to be in the right as far as using deadly force to stop a threat will still endure mega cost out of pocket for court costs, legal representation, bail...etc...it is not just over and every body goes home. THINK!!!!! Take your pride, male machismo, testicular fortitude or whatever you want to call it and put it in your back pocket. You gotta be humble and use your head for something more than a hat rack. This aint no game that has a reset or do overs. Remember, it's kinda like hunting, after you pull the trigger....that is when the sweating & hard work starts

alaska1996

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    You just brought back terrible memories of my first hunt. 7 year old dragging a 250# ram isn't exactly a match made in heaven. I did not know the court was such a drag. I will definitely remember that for next time. Care to elaborate on the court process.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I did talk to them. They seem more concerned with why the creep was trespassing in the first place. So I come to you guys to help my parents and I learn from this. That being said they have watched the video a million time now. They don't approve but, their not against me either. I'm trying to avoid this mistake again.

I have serious concerns about parents who would even think of not making a serious intervention with a 16 year old who admitted to wanting to shoot someone he willingly engaged in a verbal argument with and escalated verbally to the point of the other actor, even inappropriately, threatening a "simple" use of force.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    You just brought back terrible memories of my first hunt. 7 year old dragging a 250# ram isn't exactly a match made in heaven. I did not know the court was such a drag. I will definitely remember that for next time. Care to elaborate on the court process.

It's odd that you're still more concerned about court than killing someone. "Next time"? Have you learned NOTHING?

I'd suggest a thread lock, mods.

Top Bottom