• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Lawyers circling for what?
    They want reparations for slavery. Best cough it on up.

Also, the hospital staff member who entered the room seemed to have no issue with him and was attempting to get the situation resolved without the man leaving, having his bags searched, or being fined. She seemed to be fine with him. Hospital staff talk, she would have known if he were an *******.

Did anyone follow the link and watch the video?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hurley's Gold

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    One photo screen grab told the whole story?

I didn’t get near as much info from it. And somehow I can’t imagine you can read a website but are unable to click a link to view the vid. It plays in the browser and doesn’t require much.

I’m highly trained to spot bs before it gets started.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

The comment you put inside my quoted post doesn’t make any sense. No one in the vid would have any past relation to slaves in the context you present.

I think your obsessed with a certain group.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    A talented PI lawyer could take this situation into the "court of public opinion" and cost that hospital a small fortune. It has been done with a lot less sympathies involved.

Did you watch the vid?

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Lawyers circling for what?

Also, the hospital staff member who entered the room seemed to have no issue with him and was attempting to get the situation resolved without the man leaving, having his bags searched, or being fined. She seemed to be fine with him. Hospital staff talk, she would have known if he were an *******.

Did anyone follow the link and watch the video?

The "staff" that came in was his doctor. The article seemed to say it was hospital staff, which I read to mean nurses.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The "staff" that came in was his doctor. The article seemed to say it was hospital staff, which I read to mean nurses.

Nurses speak with Doctors. Patients that are dicks to nurses tend to be dicks to doctors too.

Really doesn’t seem like the “pissed off staff” theory fits.

I said before that the vid stopped playing for me soon after the guy handed his phone off. Did it play longer for you and if so was the final bag he had searched?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Also, nurses working with cancer patients have probably dealt with some pretty ornery patients. It happens, cancer and the treatments can change people in to someone you wouldn’t recognize. I’m sure those nurses would have no issue dealing with that and he wouldn’t stand out for being a pain in the butt. Especially not to warrant the special gift of a false police report.

I’m not ruling it out completely. They could have called in a false report and the cop could have lied about smelling mj when he entered the room. But I’ve seen no evidence of that with what I was able to watch of the vid.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Nurses speak with Doctors. Patients that are dicks to nurses tend to be dicks to doctors too.

Really doesn’t seem like the “pissed off staff” theory fits.

I said before that the vid stopped playing for me soon after the guy handed his phone off. Did it play longer for you and if so was the final bag he had searched?

They searched and found nothing. I'm betting some anti-weed nurse called it in. I seriously doubt the doctor called it in, and they seemed to be on good terms. And I think you are drastically over-estimating the relationships between doctors and nurses.

Whatever the situation here, it seems big overkill to send 3 cops to search a guy who smelled like pot. Unless its a Highland Park kind of town where not much is going on.
    The guy is obviously not dealing pot out of a chemo room. And the search of his bag showed that to be true.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    They searched and found nothing. I'm betting some anti-weed nurse called it in. I seriously doubt the doctor called it in, and they seemed to be on good terms. And I think you are drastically over-estimating the relationships between doctors and nurses.

Whatever the situation here, it seems big overkill to send 3 cops to search a guy who smelled like pot. Unless its a Highland Park kind of town where not much is going on.
    The guy is obviously not dealing pot out of a chemo room. And the search of his bag showed that to be true.

My mom is a nurse, works ICU. I’m well aware of the good and bad dealings between them.

Who said anything about dealing pot? The claim was that they smelled pot, I understood it as suspicion that he was smoking pot.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ...I understood it as suspicion that he was smoking pot. ..

That is my understanding as well. Smoking, of any type, is dangerous in most hospital situations due to the O2 environment. I would think a smoke detector, which I’ve seen in every hospital room I’ve been in in the last decade, would have gone off were that the case.

It’s also possible the patient smokes like a fiend in his own house, which would lead to a logical conclusion that his clothing and effects would absorb the odor.

Hell, I still have gear from my 2012-2013 deployment that still faintly smells like AFG. Some smells just won’t wash out easily.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    My point is that a lot of people are jumping to conclusions without actually knowing what happened. Almost sounds like “hands up, don’t shoot”.

Tried to go back to the vid and see if more would play but it seems to be down now.

I’ve watched family members deal with cancer. I watched an uncle deal with colon cancer all the way to the end. He dealt with it longer than he wanted to because my aunt was selfish. The idea of cancer patients smoking weed doesn’t bother me in the least.

My issue is that the article paints the situation far worse than it was. It misrepresents the officers reassuring the man that he wouldn’t be arrested as instead “threatening him with a citation”. I was immediately suspicious when I saw the name of the articles author and remember misleading articles by the guy being posted in the past. So much bias he could compete with CNN.

But all said and done, nobody knows if the guy was smoking in the room or not. Staff called cause they said they smelled weed. Cop said he smelled weed. Family says there was no weed. Not gonna start lighting my torch and grabbing a pitch fork because “maybe he did, maybe not”.

Instead I’ll try to point out the bias and lack of actual evidence either way. I’m guessing all the minds have already been made up though.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That is my understanding as well. Smoking, of any type, is dangerous in most hospital situations due to the O2 environment. I would think a smoke detector, which I’ve seen in every hospital room I’ve been in in the last decade, would have gone off were that the case.

It’s also possible the patient smokes like a fiend in his own house, which would lead to a logical conclusion that his clothing and effects would absorb the odor.

Hell, I still have gear from my 2012-2013 deployment that still faintly smells like AFG. Some smells just won’t wash out easily.

That’s very possible. He may have just smoked before coming in for the treatment and the smell stuck with him.

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Distinctive aroma with most killer weed. Used to work with an old boy who was allergic to the stuff and could detect it like a jerman jeppard cause it made him start sneezing. He busted some big loads.

Top Bottom