Military Camp

Ariana Grande breaking the Beatles historical records? No!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Music is music. If it moves your soul, if it fits your mood and is there for you. That's all that matters.

I don't care about names, sales or genres.

I listen to it all. Rock, rap, pop, country(new and old) classical, techno- house-trance-edm-down tempo, world, new age, blues, classic rock, etc. If it comes out of a speaker... I'm open to try it.

I like a few Beatles songs. I like a few Grande songs.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    @HK I’m a couple years older than your oldest and don’t care for either, no Beatles and no Grande.

Personally never understood the attraction to the Beatles, or The Who, Pink Floyd or any of the rest of that stuff I’m supposed to enjoy. It’s all before my time but I knew several folks growing up that listenered to it, just didn’t appeal to me.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    When we were young, folks who loved their music but hated my music were called “parents” or “old people” LOL

Now that I identify with old people...get off my damned lawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    When we were young, folks who loved their music but hated my music were called “parents” or “old people” LOL

Now that I identify with old people...get off my damned lawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pretty much for every generation. The stupid techno is crap. And the over processed music today just hides the fact that many of the current day singers really can't sing well at all.

I'll circle back with some singled out tracks containing only the singer. Its pretty amazing stuff. Not a giant Stones fan, but Jagger is a great singer. WHen you hear these tracks I'll post, you will see what these people sound like, completely unfiltered and and with no music.

Skip to 2:12 for her backup part:

Beach Boys:

Bohemian Rhapsody:

Heart of Glass:

Paul McCartney:

https://youtu.be/WeeNPLh2_qQ

Total Eclipse of the Heart:

https://youtu.be/LhnSw4CXb6o

Last edited:

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I still like and miss Big Band music! Did when I was in HS in the late 50's/early 60's, and still do now. I remember watching the Ed Sullivan show when the Beatles first performed on it. Didn't care for it then and don't now, but there are selected songs I do like such as Yesterday.

Last edited:

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I'm back in the 1960s you could get a big-name band to play a high school dance if you're partnered with another school one would have a dance Saturday night 1 on Friday night.

We had the Beach Boys we had the birds the kingsman the Kingston Trio and a bunch of others and were only $10,000 short of getting the Beatles.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    But I like big band music and Jazz I like Ellington Basie and Glenn Miller Tommy Dorsey even with Frank Sinatra Charlie Parker Al Hirt Louis Armstrong all of them I heard in person well most of them anyway.

Top Bottom