• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richard-SSV

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Im getting beyond frustrated looking for 9mm plinking ammo... any ideas?

I've been able to find some Speer Lawman at Academy for $13.99 a box, but they limit you to one box. A couple of weeks ago I was able to pick up 1000 rounds at Bass Pro in Grapevine. They had Remington UMC 250 round mega packs for $65 ea. The limit was 10, but I only bought 4. Looking back on that I guess I should have bought 10?

The key with most of these places is to get there before they open. With Bass Pro I got there 15 minutes before opening. There were already 20 + people waiting outside the door. Once the doors opened it was a mad rush to the ammo section. I was kind of surprised that I was the only one buying the 9mm? Most everyone else was going for other calibers.

GuitarsandGuns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    I second the comment on Walmart. Also if you are ever passing through small towns with gun stores, check them. I've had luck with a gun range in bossier city, la (my original home city) when I was there a few weeks ago.

GuitarsandGuns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    I've been able to find some Speer Lawman at Academy for $13.99 a box, but they limit you to one box. A couple of weeks ago I was able to pick up 1000 rounds at Bass Pro in Grapevine. They had Remington UMC 250 round mega packs for $65 ea. The limit was 10, but I only bought 4. Looking back on that I guess I should have bought 10?

The key with most of these places is to get there before they open. With Bass Pro I got there 15 minutes before opening. There were already 20 + people waiting outside the door. Once the doors opened it was a mad rush to the ammo section. I was kind of surprised that I was the only one buying the 9mm? Most everyone else was going for other calibers.
    I ignore academy for that very reason.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Wal-mart and Cabela's have been excellent for me. I just picked up a case of 500 rounds of 9mm nylon-jacketed Herter's from the latter for $13.99/box last week and had it shipped site to store. Now I have 1000 rounds so I can wait out the panic until supply normalizes.

pgamboa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    McKinney, TX
    Wal-mart and Cabela's have been excellent for me. I just picked up a case of 500 rounds of 9mm nylon-jacketed Herter's from the latter for $13.99/box last week and had it shipped site to store. Now I have 1000 rounds so I can wait out the panic until supply normalizes.

Nice find on the TNJ stuff. Before the panic, people used walk pass the TNJ stuff and I would pick them right behind them.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    For anyone looking for guns ...

Was at my local gun store yesterday evening. Pirate's Den, Granbury, Texas.

He's on some sort of dealer program and recieves shipments of SPringfield, Ruger and Sig guns. Never really knows what he will get ot how many.

He has:

couple dozen Springfield XDS

many new Ruger LC series carry series and several 10/22s

several Sig 938s, 226s and 1911s

Just an FYI for those looking.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Nice find on the TNJ stuff. Before the panic, people used walk pass the TNJ stuff and I would pick them right behind them.

Do you know if it shoots any less dirty than standard brass FMJ through a suppressor? My Osprey can finally came home after a long wait and I'm wanting to take her for a spin on my two USP's today.

Also, anybody know a cheap place I can shoot an AR and a suppressor indoors? I used to go to DFW Gun :-\

SGDALLAS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Do you know if it shoots any less dirty than standard brass FMJ through a suppressor? My Osprey can finally came home after a long wait and I'm wanting to take her for a spin on my two USP's today.

Also, anybody know a cheap place I can shoot an AR and a suppressor indoors? I used to go to DFW Gun :-\

I think that Bullet Trap will if you don't mind shooting in a closet...the two rifle lanes are very small.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Nah, I found a new favorite place for indoor shooting even though it's more of a drive. TargetMasters in Garland are friendly and courteous, have a separate 50-yard rifle range (was I surprised!), and let me shoot any ammo other than green tip M855 or tracers. As a litmus test, I asked them about my suppressor and if they need to see my tax stamped Form 4. They just said "Nah, suppressors are perfectly okay with us. It's just full-auto we can't allow." Good people :cool:

GRAYWOLF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    Check with ShootSmart in Fort Worth. I haven't been there but I think they even all full auto.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Check with ShootSmart in Fort Worth. I haven't been there but I think they even all full auto.

I'll go occasionally but ShootSmart is far away from me and I'm probably never going to own anything full-auto unless I win the lottery or become some rich broad's cabana boy.

DocD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    I get that CTD is overpriced but the options for guns in this crazy market are somewhat limited. I mean I see people selling used ones for more than CTD is selling new ones. I'm no big fan but other than Cabela's there is nothing in my area that has many guns to choose from.

Top Bottom