• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Hey, if you want to be overcharged and treated rudely, I'll sell you stuff! LOL

I've been to the Cabela's in Allen three times, and this was before all the insanity, and it wasn't a pleasant experience any of the three times.

I've purchased two pistols from Cabela's - a RIA 1911 from their Allen location and a SIG from their Buda location. Both were priced lower than anywhere else (including local mom-and-pop gun shops) and were in stock - which neither were at any small shops I looked at. I rather enjoyed taking them home the same day rather than waiting for them to ship.

I still haven't seen better prices on those particular guns anywhere, and I do check periodically.
    Gun Zone Deals

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    It all depends on what you want. I keep looking into places to buy stuff recently found LMT MWSE 308 for $3200 yes about $800 more than regular price.

9mm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I called my local academy and they could look up other stores stock.. Found my PX4 storm subcompact in a store 20 miles away just last week and I then called them to confirm it.. He wouldn't hold for me but did say he would call me if it sold so I wouldn't have to make the drive... I now have this little bull dog added to my collection. :)

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I have a 10.5 ar pistol decked out with kac ras and Aimpoint pro. $1800 cash in San Antonio.has less than 100 rounds through it. Don't feel like making a thread for it. Pm me if you want it. Only trades are glock 17 or 19.

Last edited:

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Good grief, went by Bass Pro in Grapevine and they're still cleaned out. No common-caliber ammo of any kind in stock, only bolt-actions and hunting shotguns in the racks and all the display cases completely empty of pistols except a few overpriced $900+ 1911s and one lonely FNH FNP/FNX .40S&W.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Well I personally felt that bass pro had been worst than CTD in all this episode. At the day of relection of BHO 308 was still $20 per box everywhere and was easily available. But only bass pro was the one who had labled them $39.99 same day.

btw do you live nearby ?

Good grief, went by Bass Pro in Grapevine and they're still cleaned out. No common-caliber ammo of any kind in stock, only bolt-actions and hunting shotguns in the racks and all the display cases completely empty of pistols except a few overpriced $900+ 1911s and one lonely FNH FNP/FNX .40S&W.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Gander Mountain in sugar land has some polymer semis and I always hear them mention AR's shipping in.

However, don't expect good customer service at the gun counter. It ain't what it could be.

CRozek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Dallas
    The crappy part is that I'm not sure that I'm going to remember what normal prices are when this is all done.

GRAYWOLF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    Went to an auction Sat that had several boxes of ammo. It seemed like whomever was auctioning the ammo was looking to make a buck. There were 2 boxes of 500 rnd Winchester .22 with a reserve of $65 each. The 9mm they had was a little more reasonable at $25 each, but it was the $12/box variety of Steel case Blazer. .380 & .223 (20 rnd box) also $25 reserve. No one touched the .22 but everything else sold.

They also had 50 rnd Glock canister mags with $100 reserve that did not sell.

9mm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I'm looking for and m&p shield (yeah me and 9 million others right) if anyone knows where or when comes available I'd sure be thankful.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I see them for around $800 at cabelas in buda all the time. Actually I believe they are bushmasters.
    Edit; sorry for some reason my reading abilities are lacking.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I am in the market for my first gun...
    I guess I missed where you said what you wanted this gun *for*. If you were to say, I might have some suggestions that might lead to locations.

If, on the other hand, you're just asking about where to go to see lots of in-stock stuff so you can get a feel for a number of items, then never mind.

HarryCallahan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Dallas
    I recently purchase a .380 at Cabela's in Allen. Although, good luck finding ammo anywhere. What you can find is so high you'll need the bad guy to fill out a credit app before hand:-).

Top Bottom